Forbid 4F Question?

• Thread starter hellaouts
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hellaouts

hellaouts

I picked up a 3ml sample of Forbid today at my local hydro store and was planing on dip'n some cuts I plan on picking up tomorrow. The vile has no instructions. In the past I would dip with azamax but I'm not really loving it or neem rt now. Also im not really sure how to use it as preventative. Azamax I would spray every 2 weeks up till day 7 flower, how do you guys who use this stuff use it.. Thnx doods:

treebark1950

treebark1950

Forbid is very strong. My rule with forbid is if it doesn't have roots it doesn't get touched with forbid. Recommend dose is 1/8 to 1/4 a teaspoon or .625ml to 1.2ml per gallon. Gloves, mask, respirator, etc.

If they are rooted then I would do, .625 ml per gallon.

I burnt the fuk otta fresh clones spraying em with 1.2 ml.

And all lights off for a good 4 hours or so.

After its dry I foilar with plain ro to wash off any residual so they don't burn under lights.

Normally one application is all that is needed. Forbid also kills eggs.

For a dunk I recommend mighty wash for cutswithno roots.
I also have done dunks with caps foilar packs on a mom that I just couldn't get clean. Took cuts soaked the cuts in caps foilar mix and killed the mom.

My 2 cents

deacon1503

deacon1503

Forbid is very strong. My rule with forbid is if it doesn't have roots it doesn't get touched with forbid. Recommend dose is 1/8 to 1/4 a teaspoon or .625ml to 1.2ml per gallon. Gloves, mask, respirator, etc.

If they are rooted then I would do, .625 ml per gallon.

I burnt the fuk otta fresh clones spraying em with 1.2 ml.

And all lights off for a good 4 hours or so.

After its dry I foilar with plain ro to wash off any residual so they don't burn under lights.

Normally one application is all that is needed. Forbid also kills eggs.

For a dunk I recommend mighty wash for cutswithno roots.
I also have done dunks with caps foilar packs on a mom that I just couldn't get clean. Took cuts soaked the cuts in caps foilar mix and killed the mom.

My 2 cents

+1

treebark1950

treebark1950

Not a problem bro.

Forbid is a great tool when used properly.

As the plants grow larger it is safe to apply the stronger dose in case any of those fukers make it through the nuclear dunk. I still wouldn't do over 1 ml per gal.

In fact I would reapply with a mild dose again in 3 days just in case some survived or were in the medium or if some how they got on ur clothes while dunking.

Good luck..

Mites suck nd the war can be won.

I hit a mom I acquired with forbid, avid, flora mite and every other organic remedy possible and I lost the battle, well I put in the white flag, sometimes I wonder if we have bred super mites because they build up a resistance over time to pesticides.

I'm now mite free and have been for a while.

Until the mites and I meet again, see ya,:banana1sv6::banana1sv6::banana1sv6:

hellaouts

hellaouts

Thnx again Tree just got back from Harbor-side and dipped the baby's in .675ml per lt. 6 La Cons, 2 God's Gift's and a Blue Dream for a rainy day. On another note I looked in my cabinet and 4 out of 6 of my White S1's popped up. Yesterday I had nothing and today I have a fistful . Ima go buy some scratchers.

treebark1950

treebark1950

Not a problem at all.

One thing I like about forbid is that it hasn't been on the market forever so hopefully mites haven't built a resistance to it.

My only other advice is after they start taking off after transplant, I would hit them with some Eagle 20W. Reason being is I picked up some Fruitridge clones from up north a long time ago and sure enough they were the only ones to be attacked by PM, all of my strains never showed any signs of PM as the environment was on perfect IMO.

Live and learn

My 2 cents

hellaouts

hellaouts

Eagle 20's on deck. Yeah bro FHWC is the main reason I have been afraid to go out side my circle for genetics for awhile now... I have had bad luck with them.... I gota say these cuts from Oakland look rad, but we shall see.:sign0065:

P

Pmoon

So...I have been battling a broad mite infestation for some time now. We've done everything from completely replacing all of our genetics to making sure we dip all new clones in nuke 'em to continually applying nuke 'em every 2 days with a powerful paint sprayer (works great). We were still signs of mites after 2-3 weeks so we finally decided to start with the "nuclear" options (which I generally tend to avoid). Anyways...we sprayed Forbid 4F 5 days ago and followed with nuke 'em again 4 days later. We used it at the 1ml/gallon strength, and now it's looking like we may have burnt EVERYTHING. The fan leaves look fine for the most part, but all the new growth is twisted and weird. Has anyone done this, or have any advice. I'm thinkin OG biowar followed by a aerated compost tea i'll brew later in the week. For now though I want to try to make sure i'm properly identifying this problem as I don't have much experience w/forbid burn. Here are some pics. TIA!

IMG 0165
IMG 0164
IMG 0163
IMG 0162
tjcanada

tjcanada

So...I have been battling a broad mite infestation for some time now. We've done everything from completely replacing all of our genetics to making sure we dip all new clones in nuke 'em to continually applying nuke 'em every 2 days with a powerful paint sprayer (works great). We were still signs of mites after 2-3 weeks so we finally decided to start with the "nuclear" options (which I generally tend to avoid). Anyways...we sprayed Forbid 4F 5 days ago and followed with nuke 'em again 4 days later. We used it at the 1ml/gallon strength, and now it's looking like we may have burnt EVERYTHING. The fan leaves look fine for the most part, but all the new growth is twisted and weird. Has anyone done this, or have any advice. I'm thinkin OG biowar followed by a aerated compost tea i'll brew later in the week. For now though I want to try to make sure i'm properly identifying this problem as I don't have much experience w/forbid burn. Here are some pics. TIA!

I've just had a fairly deflating experience with what I'm assuming to be a Forbid burn. I was close the 1ml per gallon ration you were talking about. Fan leaves and new growth were fine for a couple days and the mites were gone. Within a week there was significant damage to several plants. New growth, fan leaves, looked burnt or almost disintegrated. Is this what happened to you leaves after you posted these photos? Almost looked like hopper damage.. Severe yellowing up the center vain of the leaf?

Last edited:
P

Pmoon

Did you ever figure this out?

Well, not exactly. I sprayed with OG Biowar Foliar pack and within 3 days things made an AMAZING recovery. I wish I had a pic to post...sorry. Regardless, super impressed with OG Biowar, and will be keeping it in my "tool box" for the future. I think this was the best save I made in close to 20 years. Thanks for the feedback folks! ;)

P

paully111

that is def forbid burn. i have experimented with a lot of insecticides, unfortunately and forbid does that. first few days they look great and then the new growth is gnarly looking. Most recover , especially the older they are but the younger they are the harder it is to recover. That was at 1 ml a gallon. it took me a few times to figure it out. As i was using kontos, forbid, floramite and avid. i'm scared to even go half strength on forbid but it works.

Latest posts

Top Bottom