Forever vegging cycle - sun plus lamps

• Thread starter UFOrever
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

UFOrever

Hello this post and about a personal doubt. and "market research" together.

my question is about a micro-controlled photosensor (plug-play) that complements the sunlight ... always provides fixed 18h of light to the plant.
if the season of the year or geographic location only provides 12h of light it complements with 6 ..
. if this is 14h ... 4+ etc.
Is an extremely valuable resource for cost reduction. being able to use all the stations for the external cultivation ...

you can say, I get this with a timer only ... but the days are not static vary in a few a day in the clearest (spring summer) to the darkest (autumn winter) over the weeks the timer has to be compensated for not stress ... the timer will never deliver exactly 18 Hd, for perpetual harvest.
It may end up overstretching some plant and making hemaphrodites ...

Do you find it useful to connect a few LED lamps with extremely low cost, keeping plants vegetating with all the power of the sun?

what approximate value do you think a product of this is?
would you use?
What are your criticisms of the idea?
I would like a lot of people to respond and be sincere in the answers

Greetins from brazil, sorry for the google translator...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So basically a photocell that incorporates a timer on a basic program.

It's not just the lighting that changes throughout the season its the weather. Therefore I see little opportunity for mass usage. It will probably fit a very niche market.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you mean supplemental lighting for a greenhouse they use a photocell and a timer.
Yeah think he is talking about adding a small program that will auto change to provide 6hrs of darkness as the days gradually change so that it doesn't have to be done manually or in increments.

U

UFOrever

Yeah think he is talking about adding a small program that will auto change to provide 6hrs of darkness as the days gradually change so that it doesn't have to be done manually or in increments.
exactly, just make the electrical connection ... without settings

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

exactly, just make the electrical connection ... without settings
Kind of a luxury item but if your price point was close and the quality was reliable it could probably grab some sales over just the photo sensor and timer.

U

UFOrever

So basically a photocell that incorporates a timer on a basic program.

It's not just the lighting that changes throughout the season its the weather. Therefore I see little opportunity for mass usage. It will probably fit a very niche market.
Kind of a luxury item but if your price point was close and the quality was reliable it could probably grab some sales over just the photo sensor and timer.

I do not think it's luxury, I honestly see how luxury rootciants are and basically a box of an aquarium pump and sprinklers, I've seen it for 90/150 dollars and people pay ... I particularly take my process using only 50w ... divided into philips led 6500k 480lumens of 4.5w .... the financial economy and absurd ... I can use a very weak lamp because the sun is already giving all the growth of spectra Requested .... the operation and of few hours, therefore, generates an incredible reduction of costs.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I do not think it's luxury, I honestly see how luxury rootciants are and basically a box of an aquarium pump and sprinklers, I've seen it for 90/150 dollars and people pay ... I particularly take my process using only 50w ... divided into philips led 6500k 480lumens of 4.5w .... the financial economy and absurd ... I can use a very weak lamp because the sun is already giving all the growth of spectra Requested .... the operation and of few hours, therefore, generates an incredible reduction of costs.
Can do the same thing on a timer and photo cell. Just need to adjust it instead of it being automatic. There is no savings in lights or power the only difference is the automatic adjustment for 6hrs. So i see it as a luxury.

U

UFOrever

Can do the same thing on a timer and photo cell. Just need to adjust it instead of it being automatic. There is no savings in lights or power the only difference is the automatic adjustment for 6hrs. So i see it as a luxury.
the economy is not in relation to using timer and fotocell but rather compared to indoor, using the 18 h of light, and with bulbs that need to be much stronger if you want a healthy growth of the plant if you need a much larger amount of light, n can efficiently vegetate 2m² using only 9 lamps of 4.5w in indor, in outdoor as complement that keeps the plants vegetating and the sun takes care of the rest ...

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

the economy is not in relation to using timer and fotocell but rather compared to indoor, using the 18 h of light, and with bulbs that need to be much stronger if you want a healthy growth of the plant if you need a much larger amount of light, n can efficiently vegetate 2m² using only 9 lamps of 4.5w in indor, in outdoor as complement that keeps the plants vegetating and the sun takes care of the rest ...
Your saying I can grow indoor 2 square meters with 45watts with your system?

I think I'm outta here... But good luck to you in your ventures.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Again. Production greenhouses usually have supplemental lighting on photocell and timer to do exactly what is being described here.

Am I missing something?

I know a few growers that grow in an outside enclosure. They all have a grow lamp or more out there to supplement cloudy and short days. Its common practice.

Hell people leave a porch light on to continue vegging the plants in there yard.

Top Bottom