Forgive my lack of knowledge.. but can someone tell me if this is good or bad?

• Thread starter bathngodblud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bathngodblud

bathngodblud

This is my first organics run. I started with GH years and years ago and have always used that or salt based liquids. So I’m super stoked to try my hand at organics. However, when I went to check status today I realized this webbing on my soil. Is this good or bad?
Here’s some info for anyone that cares:

FFOF x FFHF x Perlite x worm castings x dry amendments + lightly watered with recharge

I did shut the lid to the bin last night and forgot about it

Forgive my lack of knowledge but can someone tell me if this is good or bad
Forgive my lack of knowledge but can someone tell me if this is good or bad 2
Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

If its mold just sprinkle cinnamon on the top after u remove it its not a massive problem. If sorted early. Gl m8

Oldmanbud50

Oldmanbud50

Description
Mycelium is the vegetative part of a fungus or fungus-like bacterial colony, consisting of a mass of branching, thread-like hyphae. The mass of hyphae is sometimes called shiro, especially within the fairy ring fungi. Fungal colonies composed of mycelium are found in and on soil and many other substrates.

Coltivtor

Coltivtor

That's normal? Wow! Looks like mold!
You’re absolutely correct it is mycelium. The product recharge has thousands of micro herds and colonies so if he overfed with his recharge And plants are not rapidly feeding this would easily occur. Also mycelium are your plants friends especially if growing in soil (I prefer Coco) they almost act as a neural network allowing your plant to know where particular elements are in the grow median, So plant wastes no energy searching. It is a beautiful synonymous relationship lol.

sambapati

sambapati

You’re absolutely correct it is mycelium. The product recharge has thousands of micro herds and colonies so if he overfed with his recharge And plants are not rapidly feeding this would easily occur. Also mycelium are your plants friends especially if growing in soil (I prefer Coco) they almost act as a neural network allowing your plant to know where particular elements are in the grow median, So plant wastes no energy searching. It is a beautiful synonymous relationship lol.
Also called "Santa's Beard"

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yup, it's actually a good thing. It will help decompose organics and form a symbiotic relationship with the roots.

Latest posts

Top Bottom