Fosphite - systemic fungicide

• Thread starter crippled1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

crippled1

I was reading another thread about treating thrips and someone suggested a product from JH Biotech.
So, I'm looking through the list of products they sell and found Fosphite.

It's systemic, approved for food crops and can be used up to the day of harvest.
Would this work for powdery mildew? The label says downy mildew.

TrailerTrash

TrailerTrash

legal?

Fosphite® - Systemic Fungicide
For control of Phytophthora, Pythium and Downy Mildew on food crops, turf and ornamentals. Fosphite is an effective systemic fungicide. It has been approved by the EPA as a ‘Reduced Risk Pesticide’ for control of Phytophthora, Pythium and Downy Mildew on ornamentals and bedding plants, Phytophthora in conifers and Pythium in turf. Ag use label has been approved by the EPA for most food crops.
(Trunk injection approved in all states except California)

trunk injection...wow..see downey is a proplem..been seeing it on clones from some coops..

Ive been using agri-fos from monterry farms..dont know about p.m. tho..got rid of that plauge a while ago..:big_boss:

R

Rolln J

generally a product thats labeled for DM is also labeled for PM...

ahh read the label and it does say powdery mildew:

GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICATIONS
FOOD CROPS
FOSPHITE fungicide is used for control of Downy Mildew, Powdery Mildew, Erwinia amylovora, Pythium, Fusarium, Rhizoctonia and Phytophthora disease (such as purple blotch, late blight, blue mold, soft rot, root rot, brown rot, foot rot, crown/collar rot, canker, fruit/foliar rot, fire blight, heart rot, pink rot, pythium leak, red stele, leather rot, etc.) of agronomic crops. (See specific crop groupings for additional diseases.) This product may be applied up to the day of harvest.

C

crippled1

From the msds it looks like it's not labeled for use on powdery mildew in california. Stupid.

C

crippled1

Those 2 products have the same active ingredients, thanks for the info.
I'm waiting for a new beneficial product to arrive Quantum growth, supposedly if I use it as a foliar, the microbes will eat the PM.
We'll see how that goes.
Seems like with the Agri-fos and Fosphite it would be alot easier to just spray the medium and let the plant absorb it that way.
Being systemic would it then reach the upper foliage?

R

Rolln J

with pm the bottom foilage is more a worry - but if in fact its systemic then it really wouldnt matter where or how you apply it - main thing is to follow the label recommendations...

california epa is very tight - like a bugs ass in a rainstorm

S

Sway

wow, so im ordering this. i have the plague on one of my chosen females from seed that i would really love to get rid of once and for all!

S

Sway

i couldnt figure out how to order off their website, they are located in ventura... i emailed them and asked them if this product actually removes systemic powdery mildew from within a plant. also asked them where to get it... so ill keep you posted if they respond. i hope this product actually does what it says.

opt1c

opt1c

I use agri-fos and spray down my walls and floor; works great. Got it from my boy who uses it in his basement grow; no pm issues and we don't even spray the plants.

M

Marry medic

Good luck with that, really interested to see if it works or not, PLEASE keep me posted. thanks :)

S

Sway

how much you pay for it and where did u get it? i too would like an update if it actually worked or not.. ive been wanting to buy this since i saw this thread..

F

fishcabo

I have access to a product called arborfos. Same active ingredient as agrifos. It is used for tree injections and is registered for fruit, nuts. etc. I have a minor to moderate pm problem and I think I am going to inject it into the stems an the recommended rate. Plus, the trees it is used on flower profusely. I am 4 into a 9 week flower. I doubt anyone has tried this product but I know it won't hurt them or me as it is a high K and P fertilizer that induces a fungicidal response in trees.

C

CAPO

RE: powdery mildew on cucumbers-what to do?

clip this post email this post what is this?
see most clipped and recent clippings

* Posted by beegeek (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 31, 09 at 4:01

"Powdery Mildew is mostly opposite of downy mildew in that it thrives in dry weather, not humidity. Powdery Mildew does not require free water to propogate. The hyphae only burrow into the epidermis layer of the upper side of the leaf. Some home spray remedies work because any spraying (water too) during the day will remove the fungal structures off the leaf surface (it is delicate).
However, increasing daytime free moisture will reduce powdery mildew and quite possibly increase the likely infestation of moisture-loving downy mildew. Downy mildew is much more destructive and attacks through the leaf structure itself. If you have that fuzzy mildew on the underside of the leaf, then you are quite sure to have downy mildew setting up shop there.
Sulfur dust has been the #1 remedy for powdery mildew, however you will want to sample this on a leaf and be careful with this and any fungicide material."

....this is interesting too.

C

CAPO

Those posts above need to be tagged as input from gardening peers and not scientific fact.
I'm starting to think that the only way to keep this shit in check is to use a sulfer burner early on whether you see PM or not. If you see PM and you've got bud development, the only thing you can really do is to use something like GreenCure, milk, or baking soda with a wetting agent.
These spores are tiny and can hide in carpet and be floating around the house.

I am however interested in how the Fosphite does. Please keep us posted

C

crippled1

thought this might interest you. i have not yet used the agri-fos.
so far, i have foliared with quantum growth and another time with companion.
i have used what some others on other forums are using
dutch master zone and penetrator.
1/4 tsp zone 60 ml penetrator per quart of water as a foliar.
this article is from dutch master however the rates are MUCH higher than what i'm using.
i've been told also that zone will kill soft bodied rootzone bugs as the article mentions due to the copper sulfate.

http://www.greengoldhydro.com/page_articles_view.php?id=7

i highly recommend using penetrator with any product you are applying as a foliar.
it breaks down the waxy leaf surface and penetrates and dries very quickly instead of beading up and rolling off.
i have also done a major leaf thinning, reduced humidity and increased airflow.
i have also found a product that sounds better than agri-fos.
same company makes companion.
phosphite

it contains high levels of both P and K and i think agrifos is only high in P.

C

CAPO

crippled-
how did your foliar recipe perform?

I've been thinking of two ideas:

1) Use GreenCure with a horticultural oil or light neem as a foliar.
or
2) spray all plants down with water at lights out and run a sulfur burner 3-4 hrs.

Both of these would go for 3 days consecutive with a follow up in 7-10 days.
Only one of these 2 not both.

Latest posts

Top Bottom