Fosphite - systemic fungicide

• Thread starter crippled1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dubwobble

Here is what I do as a preventative (along with proper ventilation and air movement)...

This is during vegative growth up until flowering:

1.) Mix 2.5 ml Einstein Neem Oil + 2.5 ml Dutch Master Penatrator with warm water inside a 1 liter spray bottle. Mix fresh with each use.

2.) Once a week spray all foliage top and bottom. Constantly shake the bottle to remix the neem and water. After a couple uses, your plants will take on an intense green color (this lets you know it is working). It will also protect against and kill bugs.

3.) On a different day once a week use a sulfer burner ( a cheap metal "can-inside-a-can" version is fine) - run for 3 hours with fans off.

During ligts on or lights off - Make sure fans are moving air around every corner of your growroom - you should see constant movement throughout your canopy everywhere you look.

* If you live in a humid environment (by the ocean, in the woods), add a dehumidifier to your room during the bud cycle. Sometimes you may only need to do this at night.

You won't get PM during flowering if followed.

C

crippled1

That sounds like something I would like to try.
The zone/penetrator combo in my previous post has worked well so far. I know I need to have several weapons in my arsenal to fight PM, this one seems to be effective.

C

CAPO

I thought it was harmful to use oil and a sulfur burner together. What would be an acceptable time interval in between using the two different products?
At what point in bud development is neem oil harmful?

B

bigd

So, for those that use Agri Fos, at what strength do you use it as a foliar spray? And, how late into flower can it be used? And, is there a consensus on if this product actually works for powdery mildew. This thread is the best google has to offer on the subject.
Thank you

H

haole

Here's some more info on phosphite...

Very interesting read!

The product "pure flowers," containing phosphite, is marketed as an especially bioavailable form of phosphorus. According to this article, its a scam!

:scared0016:

B

bigd

OK, so, opt1c and crippled1, at what strength do you dilute the agri fos? I got it and would really like to use it. I do not however want to do any damage.

B

bigd

Well, since the Saranade just is not cutting it, used the dilution of Agri Fos somewhere between grapes and hops. Used as a foliar spray during dark cycle. I sure hope I did not just do a bad thing. I will however give everyone a report as to how it works out.

B

bigd

24 hours in 1 1/2 tsp in 30oz ph 5.5 water... looking good. will report if and when pm is spotted

B

bigd

At 11 days, PM on everything. Agro Fos has FAILED. Next I try the Eagle 20 for systemic. I also ordered Oxidate for late into flower. I was told by the lady where I ordered from it can be used until harvest, for our needs.

B

bigd

correction

So, I was wrong. Both the plants treated with Agri fos and Eagle 20 had a couple of small spots. I used the oxidate on those spots, there has been no further pm at all. The weather did change and get dry for a few days. I think I was a bit over zealous with my failure comments though.
I am glad I am not having that problem any longer. Seems like I started about this time last year and I did not get pm until late summer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom