Found 1 seed??

• Thread starter Miked1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Miked1988

Miked1988

What’s up y’all I just had a very strange thing happen.. I harvested 11 plants Just got done trimming 8 plants and while I was almost done trimming the last ounce of the 8th plant I found 1 seed.. no other seeds were found but I did find some sacks that looked like they could’ve been about to form a seed.. in a couple.. none of my plants had balls or nanners just pistils.. is it possible it could’ve hermied during the final stages/weeks of flower and skipped the nanners and balls? I don’t have any males nor have I been around any IF ANYTHING I know I must’ve stressed one from defoliating maybe or bending in flower.. what does this mean for the weed? I’ve always heard hermie weed isn’t the best but my stuff looks great right now btw the plant i found it in is purple punch here’s some pics

Found 1 seed
Found 1 seed 2
Found 1 seed 3
Found 1 seed 4
Last edited:
Miked1988

Miked1988

After looking at the branch this seed came from here is what the rest of the branch looks like.. are these pollin sacs? There is no seeds in there just a empty sac.. Excuse my naive ness lol I don’t know shit about hermies

E1829E11 F003 42BE 806C 19852B8AA696
Miked1988

Miked1988

Ok that sums that up.. thanks man.. so I haven’t found any pollen or pollen sacs then, It’s kind of hard to determine what is a dried up bract or what could be the beginning stages of the making of a seed and I’m about 9 1/2 plants way through.. does that mean the rest of my crop most likely wasn’t polluted if it did indeed hermie? I know it’s hard to say but Since none other plants were affected.. Is it possible this female plant got stressed and just tried to push out some seeds without being hermied? Is that even possible

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
This stuff just happens, the plants just try to procreate as the flowers seek that pollen. Every cannabis plant has the genes to survive.
That's why it's one of the oldest plants.

Miked1988

Miked1988

This stuff just happens, the plants just try to procreate as the flowers seek that pollen. Every cannabis plant has the genes to survive.
That's why it's one of the oldest plants.
So in other words does that mean it hermied or no lol I don’t know what to think

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Some grain of male pollen was produced by one of your girls, so yes it hermied.

Miked1988

Miked1988

My next question is.. I had some Girl Scout cookies and gorilla glue next to them.. does this mean the feminized seed will be a GSC, gorilla glue and purple punch (which is the plant I found the seed in) hybrid? or just a feminized purple punch seed since none of the others were affected?

Miked1988

Miked1988

Who knows, but odds are it's a fem Punch.
Ok thanks man I really appreciate all the info y’all..

When this happens does it affect the weed at all? And When this happen does it mean maybe it hermied late in flower? Like I said their was no indication of hermie on any plants throughout veg and flower then this happened (now I have to scrub my grow tent lol) I have 2 punches and the other one wasn’t hermied that’s what led me to believe it was just this one..

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Ok thanks man I really appreciate all the info y’all..

When this happens does it affect the weed at all? And When this happen does it mean maybe it hermied late in flower? Like I said their was no indication of hermie on any plants throughout veg and flower then this happened (now I have to scrub my grow tent lol) I have 2 punches and the other one wasn’t hermied that’s what led me to believe it was just this one..
i have never understood folks thought of a plant with seeds,for many years before sensimilla showed up,all our weed had seeds ,it doesnt effect the smoke at all , the confusion comes from were who knows but that smoke will get you high as any

Miked1988

Miked1988

So I just got done on the 11 plant now (gorilla glue) and I think i think I pulled her right when it got pollinated too (no seeds but I found the beginning stages of seeds).. I think the cause was from it flowering these 4 plants too long (even though the trichromes were still all white/milky with no amber) they were just taking awhile to bloom.. so as of right now I think my purple punch crossed with my gorilla glue.. I have plants outside my grow tent in veg still.. any recommendations to spray on them to kill any pollen that might’ve got on them or in my grow tent?

Top Bottom