Found A Male In The Flower Room In Week 1? How Fucked Am I?

• Thread starter 303 DUB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
303 DUB

303 DUB

I found a male in the flower room in week 1 of flower. It just started to show male pollen sacs. as soon as I noticed it I took it out of the flower room and sprayed everything down with cold water. The grow I'm running is a huge grow, and I wanna know if I should even run the rest if the plants in the flower room or just cut it down and start over.

Bannacis

Bannacis

You should be good if just 1 week in flower. the male prolly hasn't dropped pollen yet, and your females prolly don't have much hairs showing yet either. and with the spraying of water, you should be safe.
Keep em going, and if you do get some seeds, grow them out...

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
If they have not dropped the "danglies yet, you are fine.
Keep an eye on the calyx. look for a yellow stripe that signifies fertilization.
No stripes?
Carry on!

Aloha,
Weeze
Ive never heard this! Wow.
Can you specify how and where to look for this stripe on the caylx. And how easily is it hidden by trichome coverage?
Thank you in advance.
Peace

Wee Zard

Wee Zard

As the fertilized calyx begins to swell, a vertical seam opens exposing part of the nascent seed within.
That seed is yellowish/white but the contrast with the green makes it look much yellower.

I have a picture of it, somewhere but it will have to wait until I can see well enough to find it for you.

I get a new lens around the first of July.
But right now I have CSS. (Can't See Shit.) :D

I'm, not the calyx king. I'm only a student. :)
Learned this from Rusty Trichome.
Read back through his old threads, they're a new grower's goldmine!

Aloha,
Weeze

keiksweat

keiksweat

As the fertilized calyx begins to swell, a vertical seam opens exposing part of the nascent seed within.
That seed is yellowish/white but the contrast with the green makes it look much yellower.

I have a picture of it, somewhere but it will have to wait until I can see well enough to find it for you.

Aloha,
Weeze
Cool info,I never heard this before either.thanks weezard

Bannacis

Bannacis

And this happens way into flowering, not at the beginning, so I would say if you do see the stripe, its too late by then.

303 DUB

303 DUB

Thank you all so much. That was a lot of really great input. I think I'm good. Gonna keep a close eye and keep spraying cold water and see if we can still rock this round. Thanks again. Peace, love and chicken grease

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

No your good. You see an open pod? Your good takes a lil longer to
20160119 121433
Here some pods . Good luck and good vibes.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Aloha,
Weeze

All of this in the 1st week of flower :sweating:

God damn I must have been missing my classes too often.

Toaster79

Toaster79

IF your male actually dropped some pollen and IF your females already have any pistils poking out, those are for sure preflowers. And IF so, preflowers are where you should be looking for seeds.

Here's an example of really early pollination of preflowers in the second week with a fully mature male withpictures take a few weeks later in flower when seeded calyxes were swollen to their max and seeds only needed some more time to mature. Really easy to get rid of them before flowers are fully formed, and your buds will still be seedless.

DSC 0080

DSC 0070

Top Bottom