Found bud rot in all the tops is the whole planta loss?

• Thread starter Wesmoke2joints
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Wesmoke2joints

Wesmoke2joints

Hey all I found bud rot pretty much inside all the tops of the last plant I harvested outside. I threw away all the bad and kept everything that looked fine. Should I have just tossed the whole plant out? I kept it all separate from the other harvest, wondering if I should just toss it to be safe. Appreciate any insight

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

No way dude you gotta make some lemonade out of what you got left no sense in wasting it. I live about 5 miles from the ocean so bud rot is just something that often comes with the territory. Foggy mornings are a killer when you are running outdoor. At the very first sign of it I always cut it out immediately to stay on top of it. If it starts to really go then I will just prematurely harvest the whole plant there is no stopping it once it really takes off. I meticulously cut it all out and save everything that is clean. I will usually make bubble hash out of the clean stuff or I will squish it in my rosin press. I mean if I was a regulated and licensed grower that was selling the product it would be a totally different story. Any product with the slightest trace of spores could get pulled during testing. But for your own consumption as long as there is zero visible sign of it I wouldn't be too concerned. I have been smoking the stuff for years and I haven't died yet LOL. Thats my $0.02

garybo

garybo

I too found some bud rot while harvesting my Grinspoon ladies and like you just cut out the rot and cured the buds separate from the other strains, that was about a month ago and so far so good as far as the Grinspoon saved and harvested. The plants were so tall I could not get to the top colas to check and clean as necessary.

organicplanet

organicplanet

No way dude you gotta make some lemonade out of what you got left no sense in wasting it. I live about 5 miles from the ocean so bud rot is just something that often comes with the territory. Foggy mornings are a killer when you are running outdoor. At the very first sign of it I always cut it out immediately to stay on top of it. If it starts to really go then I will just prematurely harvest the whole plant there is no stopping it once it really takes off. I meticulously cut it all out and save everything that is clean. I will usually make bubble hash out of the clean stuff or I will squish it in my rosin press. I mean if I was a regulated and licensed grower that was selling the product it would be a totally different story. Any product with the slightest trace of spores could get pulled during testing. But for your own consumption as long as there is zero visible sign of it I wouldn't be too concerned. I have been smoking the stuff for years and I haven't died yet LOL. Thats my $0.02
Bacillus Subtilis
Bacillus Subtilis is a naturally occurring anti-fungal bacterium found in soils. It has proven to fight blight, gray mold and several strains of mildew, yet has no adverse affects on the environment or humans. For this reason, it has been approved as a fungicide and bactericide for use in organic farming. Bacillus Subtilis compounds prevents pathogens from colonizing crops. This biological fungicide can be procured online under several brand names. Two strains are available; one for foliage applications (QST 713) and one to be used as a soil amendment at the time of planting (GB03 or MBI600). Download my free marijuana grow bible at this link and learn to grow like a pro!

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Bacillus Subtilis
Bacillus Subtilis is a naturally occurring anti-fungal bacterium found in soils. It has proven to fight blight, gray mold and several strains of mildew, yet has no adverse affects on the environment or humans. For this reason, it has been approved as a fungicide and bactericide for use in organic farming. Bacillus Subtilis compounds prevents pathogens from colonizing crops. This biological fungicide can be procured online under several brand names. Two strains are available; one for foliage applications (QST 713) and one to be used as a soil amendment at the time of planting (GB03 or MBI600). Download my free marijuana grow bible at this link and learn to grow like a pro!
Yeah thats a great tip. I do use that I also have another product thats similar its called Bactillus Thuriallis or something like that. Its another naturally occurring bacteria that is like the black plague for caterpillars. Sometimes I still end up getting bud rot just because I fall off my maintenance and routine. You really gotta be on top of it and I lag sometimes cuz of other distracting things in my life. I have a kid who's only 18 months old he is like Bam Bam from the Flintstones. A little tornado that Im constantly chasing around the house LOL. I fall off my shit sometimes. One day Im checking my plants and everything is beautiful, fast forward a few day and then I see bud rot. I need to get more strict on my spraying regiment.

Pandude

Pandude

Bacillus Subtilis
And there I was thinking I know everything and now I find out I goofed up again. LOL
I was not aware of "lemonade" and regret not knowing about, but should this come up again, I'll know better. A short story, several years ago a friend told me he would take some mediocre pot and wet it with an alcohol such as whiskey and bury this saturated pot in the ground for a month or so, then dig is up, let it dry out and smoke it, he called it something like "grungy". I never done it and I'm wondering if this grungy is similar to lemonade?

Derelict999

Derelict999

Lol, I think that he just meant "when life hands you lemons, make
Lemonade"

Top Bottom