Found bugs last week, is my plant recovering OK?

• Thread starter radagast
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
radagast

radagast

Hi, everyone, thanks for helping me out. I live in a tropical country and we are during rain season, which means all kinds of insects flying everywhere. I had seen some small black flies living inside the soil and thought it wasn’t a problem, but I saw two white flies on the leafs. Later that day, I forgot the window open and a few bugs got inside attracted to the warm bright light, in which I proceed to clean the entire room, checked under the leaves. I’ve found nothing so far, room is pristine clean, but the leaves are apparently weak. Here’s my two plants, if you guys care to give an insight on what seems to be the problem.
Found bugs last week is my plant recovering ok
Found bugs last week is my plant recovering ok 2
Found bugs last week is my plant recovering ok 3
Found bugs last week is my plant recovering ok 4
Found bugs last week is my plant recovering ok 5
Found bugs last week is my plant recovering ok 6
Found bugs last week is my plant recovering ok 7
Found bugs last week is my plant recovering ok 8
Found bugs last week is my plant recovering ok 9
Found bugs last week is my plant recovering ok 10
Found bugs last week is my plant recovering ok 11
Found bugs last week is my plant recovering ok 12

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

I looked up that soil brand you have in the background. It contains trace NPK fertilizers. I'm assuming it is something like miracle gro soil. Your plant shows signs of excess nitrogen which is what miracle gro soils usually contain in undesirable amounts.

Trixie

Trixie

You could use some extra lightwattage too now that the plant is growing again.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

I looked up that soil brand you have in the background. It contains trace NPK fertilizers. I'm assuming it is something like miracle gro soil. Your plant shows signs of excess nitrogen which is what miracle gro soils usually contain in undesirable amounts.
how can you tell

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

hard to find good info on this product only recommendations from the store.

''The substrate Carolina Soil ec ( 0.7 ), which we work in our store, is considered a semi-inert substrate, that is, it has a composition of materials that do not have nutritional characteristics, although there are still some nutrients available in the soil.''

''The inert Semi substrate is named because it has a low nutritional level in its composition, so if you want to use it as a means of organic cultivation it is important to add some compounds, like earthworm humus and other inputs or use some mineral fertilizers to complement your plant's nutrition. In short, if you are going to use the carolina soil ec ( 0.7 ) do not use pure.''

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I see so much fertilizer/feeding products going on in here, and so early on, even in seedling stages. I mean with soil, of course with hydroponics or other soilless mediums feeding is needed.......but if you have good, rich soil, I never found a need to feed for at least the first month of growth, with big enough pots of course. Even after the first month I would just add a little bit of Miracle-Gro or similar feeding formula stuff, and not even with every watering.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
That hole in the wall too, in your picture......an outlet not in use? But depending on where it leads to, bugs can get in through there too, or through cracks in windows, doors.....if bugs want in, they will often find their way in.

radagast

radagast

think about transplanting soon
THat's a plan for future plants, considering the lack of available space. Right now the small plants keep things simple while i learn on how to take care of it.

I see so much fertilizer/feeding products going on in here, and so early on, even in seedling stages. I mean with soil, of course with hydroponics or other soilless mediums feeding is needed.......but if you have good, rich soil, I never found a need to feed for at least the first month of growth, with big enough pots of course. Even after the first month I would just add a little bit of Miracle-Gro or similar feeding formula stuff, and not even with every watering.
Thanks, everyone, for the responses. Sorry for the lack of information i provided, here's what my medium is:
Carolina Soil Composition: Sphagnum peat, expanded vermiculite, dolomitic limestone, agricultural gypsum and NPK fertilizer (trace). EC 0,7 pH 5.5 +/- 0.5.
I also added around 20% of vermicast or worm humus.
That hole in the wall too, in your picture......an outlet not in use? But depending on where it leads to, bugs can get in through there too, or through cracks in windows, doors.....if bugs want in, they will often find their way in.
Indeed, it's an out-of-use outlet that I'm planning on fixing for the past decade or so. If i'm being honest, it's been so long that i can almost ignore it.

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

I'm just assuming the trace NPK in the soil is slow release ferts like miracle gro. Not sure what it is. The pH seems a little low.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
THat's a plan for future plants, considering the lack of available space. Right now the small plants keep things simple while i learn on how to take care of it.

Thanks, everyone, for the responses. Sorry for the lack of information i provided, here's what my medium is:
Carolina Soil Composition: Sphagnum peat, expanded vermiculite, dolomitic limestone, agricultural gypsum and NPK fertilizer (trace). EC 0,7 pH 5.5 +/- 0.5.
I also added around 20% of vermicast or worm humus.

Indeed, it's an out-of-use outlet that I'm planning on fixing for the past decade or so. If i'm being honest, it's been so long that i can almost ignore it.
If it's not connected to anything and you have no intention of using it (maybe it can be reserved for a small fan, more circulation is almost always good, or a UVB light....maybe). If not, plug it/seal it? Until I learned more about these nasty, swarming little fake ladybug bastards I wouldn't turn around and wonder where the heck did this one come from?? Then I watched and saw one crawl right out of a crack in an outlet.....or a tiny slit in the floor/corner, baseboard heater......the point being that bugs have 24/7 to worm their way into your home. You don't have 24/7 to catch them.

Top Bottom