found some pollen and some nanners

• Thread starter JodolphBitler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JodolphBitler

JodolphBitler

hey yall. 4-1/2 weeks into flower out of 8. growing a blueberry ogee (fruity pebblesx trinity blueberry). i come home from lunch and find some pollen on a leaf. i flip out and immediately spray water on it. then I inspect to find location. couldnā€™t find the culprit that opened but did find smaller nanners on a few buds. could have been too close to light. temp is great and air circulation is stellar. i plucked off what i could find with tweezers. they were buried and quite small. seems to be just one plant. i have a 2nd that looked clean. i will have to dig in after work to find more. with essentially 3 1/2 weeks to go...will i be cursed with seeds? thanks

JodolphBitler

JodolphBitler

thankfully not feminized
seeds. anything i can do to
mitigate the damage to other plants? like a good water spray at lights out?

Ponky

Ponky

thankfully not feminized
seeds. anythyincan donto
mitigate the damage to other plants? like a good water spray at lights out?
I don't think you can stop it. But on the bright side I had some Bruce Banner averaging over 20 seeds an ounce. And it was still good smoke. All you can do is snip off pollen sacs. If they're seedy now it might just be a few and you'll be OK. Or... You've grown a nice big batch of regular seeds.

JodolphBitler

JodolphBitler

I don't think you can stop it. But on the bright side I had some Bruce Banner averaging over 20 seeds an ounce. And it was still good smoke. All you can do is snip off pollen sacs. If they're seedy now it might just be a few and you'll be OK. Or... You've grown a nice big batch of regular seeds.
in total i have 6 under the flower light. 2 blueberry ogee and 1 blue power. those are half done. the other 3 are bb ogee but i just started them under the big light. maybe 1 week in. when i het home i will thoroughly inspect. if its just the one plant i may toss her to protect the others as im doing the perpetual grow thing. id hate to have to deal with this crap perpetually šŸ¤£

Ponky

Ponky

in total i have 6 under the flower light. 2 blueberry ogee and 1 blue power. those are half done. the other 3 are bb ogee but i just started them under the big light. maybe 1 week in. when i het home i will thoroughly inspect. if its just the one plant i may toss her to protect the others as im doing the perpetual grow thing. id hate to have to deal with this crap perpetually šŸ¤£
Oh damn. I had to take down my whole show. I had 3 different strains of feminized hybrids. And they would always grow into awesome looking plants. Strong. Tasty. But always seeds. Every damn time. With no warning signs. Drove me nuts. Now I'm back to using clones of Kush. I'm trying some Indica seeds from the government now. But if they seeed... man. Good seeds are hard to find. I just want a nice kush that smokes smooth, has no seeds and has 25+% THC without any waxy, woody, peppery or flowery taste.. which is apparently asking a lot.

JodolphBitler

JodolphBitler

i miss good ole
pine and moderate skunk flavor. when i get home...im gonna take a fat hit that makes me keep my head occupied on lookin fpr nanners lest i have a weed induced anxiety attack. let em ride and water spray every plant before
lights out. it sucks cuz i have 3 generations in line and do t want them to be pollinated

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
the nanners are the innards of the pollen sac. they dont need to burst to pollinate, if they have viable pollen they pollinate before you even see them. the good news is that they sometimes dont have viable pollen at that stage, and if it seeded something it was probably just the one close and if you got it it was minimal. keep watch, often, and pluck anything that looks bright green/yellow

JodolphBitler

JodolphBitler

at anytime a good water spray will help also? at lights out of course.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
if your buds are dense and you spray then lights out you might end up with mold.

Latest posts

Top Bottom