Fox Farm Happy Frog Feeding Schedule

• Thread starter KingHale
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HarryHood

HarryHood

I’m ridiculous and a tad OCD and I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night wondering if I was missing out. I’ll dive deeper than I need and you can all watch and laugh and learn but it’s pretty well decided now because I just added it to the budget. $421.86 for nutrients and soil on a single plant grow operation. Some people have gambling problems so life could be worse. There’s plenty of time to hate myself later. I could converted to hydro for that, but I’d be back on soil for the clones. I don’t know that hydro will ever be my thing. What’s done is done. There’s really only one way to go from here so everything is set to work out. Or so I think. Time to shut off the brain. Goodnight! 🤣😆🤪😜😳🤭🤢🤮🥴😁😆
for sure. there's definitely worse habits to have. i've spent way more than i thought i would and am still dropping $$. best wishes on your grow!

visajoe1

visajoe1

I don’t know why I’m so hung up on ocean forest. Everybody else likes mixes and I’m this crazy purist over here. I once dated a woman who couldn’t put a piece of steak and a piece of potato in her mouth and chew. They had to be eaten separately. I feel like I’m being unreasonable with my stubbornness of not mixing soils. 🤣🤣🤣
Ocean Forest is the best blend start to finish, IMO. I wont use anything else until I can make my own soil. Happy Frog, Strawberry Fields, etc have less nutrients and amendments that we want. However, Happy Frog is a great for starting seeds.

mancorn

mancorn

Ocean Forest is the best blend start to finish, IMO. I wont use anything else until I can make my own soil. Happy Frog, Strawberry Fields, etc have less nutrients and amendments that we want. However, Happy Frog is a great for starting seeds.
Have you tried Recipe 420? I saw it at a slight discount on the FF last year (which for me is around $12-13 for the 1.5cf FFOF and $13-14 for the 2cf Happy Frog). Most of the time I’ve seen in it was around $20-$22 1.5cf, so never tried it. But figured if it’s still cheap this spring I’d give it a try.

visajoe1

visajoe1

Have you tried Recipe 420? I saw it at a slight discount on the FF last year (which for me is around $12-13 for the 1.5cf FFOF and $13-14 for the 2cf Happy Frog). Most of the time I’ve seen in it was around $20-$22 1.5cf, so never tried it. But figured if it’s still cheap this spring I’d give it a try.
I havent heard of it, thanks for the heads up. The ingredients list looks identical to OF, so I would use this as well. Nice find!

KingHale

KingHale

I’m done. Not having a great day. I hope this helps people understand Fox Farms confusing nutrient schedule for their happy frog soil lineup.

4B989931 4799 4388 B3FE 25DFD1F78CE6
93C9AACD 73BC 4A37 BB9C B6F302BC5542
HarryHood

HarryHood

oh man, sorry to hear about all that. beyond terrible job on their part with branding. i can easily see how people could get confused.

Andyr005

Andyr005

Answers are in! Thankfully, Fox Farms support was awesome enough to reply to 3 consecutive emails and responses in one day. I’m just not used to good service. Good for them!

their happy frog nutrient schedule guide is designed to be used with their soil nutrient guide. Chose liquid or dry nutrients. For me, I use liquid nutrients, so that includes:

grow big
Big bloom
Tiger bloom
Cal mag
Kelp me kelp you
Wholly mackerel

and then I think the orange stuff is microbe and root support. They say all of that is meant to be used together and with the rest so tack on:

Boomerang
Kangaroots
Microbe brew
Bembe

and flowers kiss is a foliar spray.

I think I might even forgotten a few things. I did. If you REALLY REALLY REALLY want to maximize everything, the dirty dozen kit includes dry nutrients, to be used at specific times along with your liquid nutrients. Awesome, I know everyone else probably knew all of this, but now I know too. here are the dry Fox farm nutrients:

Open sesame
beastie bloomz
cha ching

and don’t forget to flush! And pick your ow pest management

sledge Hammer Flush
Force of Nature

that’s more than a dirty dozen. I count 16! Wowzers. I had no clue.And I thought going hydro was going to be too expensive and complicated. This is good though. I’m growing as a grower I think. 🤣🤣🤣
If you look at the nutrition facts on the bottles, you will notice a lot of redundancy in them. I don’t think using them all is necessary. I also believe the quantities are different on the bottles then the feeding schedule. The schedule reflects how much when together and the bottles reflect when used individually. That being said, I still use about 80% of them. I flush with water between feedings, no sledgehammer and don’t use the boomerang or the rhize up. I honestly think you can kinda pick and choose what works for you ( outside of grow big, big bloom and tiger bloom) and pay attention to your plants. I grow several strains at a time and noticed some plants can take a ton of nutes and others can be sensitive to them. Then again I’m no pro, just question everything and read a lot.

Madbud

Madbud

I uppot from Happy Frog to Ocean Forest after a month, then use the directions on grow big, big bloom and tiger bloom bottles. Watch for gnats, that’s why the frog is happy.

HarryHood

HarryHood

wondering how you're making out with your current grow and the issues HF has been giving you, King?

KingHale

KingHale

wondering how you're making out with your current grow and the issues HF has been giving you, King?
Sorry for the delayed response, I didn’t set up notifications I guess. My aggravations with Fox Farms was mainly my own. Kudos to Fox Farms for being awesome. Yes, it was a little confusing but they’re not wrong, I was just confused because I’m a little OCD.

horticulture, botany, none of which do I have a degree in, are complicated to say the least. Despite that, I have learned to simply relax and let the plant do it’s thing. I can credit my last grow to the calm atmosphere but it was also a point I needed to reach.

the Fox Farm feeding schedule for soil is right on. It was never about their feeding schedule, I didn’t know it then, but my medium needed to be altered. It never occurred to me that you needed to buy 4 different mediums to mix together to make the process work. Try to cut corners and stuff happens. I can’t feel too bad about it in the end because even with all of my mistakes, my 1 mother plant and 39 clones netted over 650 grams of excellent medicine.
there’s always room for improvement, but I think the biggest improvements I’ve made this 3rd round is:

1) soil mixing
2)full nutrient schedule from Fox farm, she seems to really be happy about that.
3) letting the roots dry out. I watered every day during my first 2. She’s fat and happy when she’s drying out.

I think getting watering right helps. I measure water in and out so she just starts to drip but never puddles in the pan below. Give her just enough moisture to not drain out. I like that. Less garbage nutrient water to deal with, less nutrients needed per feeding ... all good things. She seems to like that too.

KingHale

KingHale

I uppot from Happy Frog to Ocean Forest after a month, then use the directions on grow big, big bloom and tiger bloom bottles. Watch for gnats, that’s why the frog is happy.
It’s funny you said that. I said the exact same friggin thing! 3rd time is the charm? I haven’t gotten to that point yet, but this time I bought Fox Farm anti-fungal gnat spray so we will see

KingHale

KingHale

Dang, I have this post watched but it never notified me. Sorry to keep everyone hanging. I’m not sure how to find messaging on THC farmer yet either but if you have any questions about Fox farms products, I do believe I have it figured out for cannabis growing. It’s not that difficult, just mix soils, follow the full nutrient schedule for soil, ignore color-coding. That’s pretty much it. I’m happy to answer questions regardless though. I try to post pictures weekly of my 100% Fox Farms Cannabis grow if you’re curious to compare. My goal right now is to establish a base line of statistics off of their products to compare to other grows. I’ll never say this is the best method, I can’t say it’s the worst either. It’s a long-term scientific experiment that I’ve only been engaged in for a year. One thing I know for sure is that I have far more to learn than I have learned thus far.

HarryHood

HarryHood

Sorry for the delayed response, I didn’t set up notifications I guess. My aggravations with Fox Farms was mainly my own. Kudos to Fox Farms for being awesome. Yes, it was a little confusing but they’re not wrong, I was just confused because I’m a little OCD.

horticulture, botany, none of which do I have a degree in, are complicated to say the least. Despite that, I have learned to simply relax and let the plant do it’s thing. I can credit my last grow to the calm atmosphere but it was also a point I needed to reach.

the Fox Farm feeding schedule for soil is right on. It was never about their feeding schedule, I didn’t know it then, but my medium needed to be altered. It never occurred to me that you needed to buy 4 different mediums to mix together to make the process work. Try to cut corners and stuff happens. I can’t feel too bad about it in the end because even with all of my mistakes, my 1 mother plant and 39 clones netted over 650 grams of excellent medicine.
there’s always room for improvement, but I think the biggest improvements I’ve made this 3rd round is:

1) soil mixing
2)full nutrient schedule from Fox farm, she seems to really be happy about that.
3) letting the roots dry out. I watered every day during my first 2. She’s fat and happy when she’s drying out.

I think getting watering right helps. I measure water in and out so she just starts to drip but never puddles in the pan below. Give her just enough moisture to not drain out. I like that. Less garbage nutrient water to deal with, less nutrients needed per feeding ... all good things. She seems to like that too.
right on! that's good to hear. i'm always learning new stuff everyday regarding all aspects of growing. each grow will be better than the last

R

Rosco4861

I'm new to this and just wondering if someone has or knows a feeding chart for these nutrients. I am growing in Fox farm ocean soil. Thanks in advance

HailTheLeaf

HailTheLeaf

Use the open sesame like a week before you flip them to 12/12 and then the first couple weeks, then switch to beastie bloomz for the next 2-3 weeks, then the cha ching the last 3-4 weeks.

Fox farm is ok, i wouldnt use it again but lots of people use it and are satisfied with the results.

KingHale

KingHale

For those who are interested, I’ve been adding pictures to my profile with descriptions. I feel like an old man. I haven’t quite figured out how forums work and I really don’t care. 😜 When I joined THCFarmer, I was just looking for a place to record photos, data, and exchange ideas. Nothing I do is perfect, but everything I have done this far, has been successful.

My third grow is a new genetic strain, from a new distributor, using the full dirty dozen Fox Farm schedule ... I’m very nervous already but she looks happy, and so I’m happy. I should be taking my first batch of clones writhing the week, so stay tuned for that! It’s early but she’s a mutant with max nutrients and MAXIMUM EFFORT 😜

BEEF2F98 680C 472D 8477 B5424F338015
saku

saku

why is schedule for canada soil different from others i have seen from fox farms. canada soil schedule doesn't have big bloom and some other nutrients in it. also it doesn't have sledge hammer flush, just says to use fresh water.

Foxfarmcanadasoil

Last edited:
RavynJax

RavynJax

For those of you using Foxfarm Ocean Forest soil; here is my soil mix that works wonders: 1 Bag Of FoxFarm Ocean Forest Soil, 7 Quarts Perlite, 7 Quarts Worm Castings, 7 Quarts Mushroom Compost, 2 Cups Dr. Flower Girl, 1/4 Cup Blood Meal & 1/4 Cup Bone Meal. I mix mine in a concrete mixer; however you can dump all the ingredients on a sheet and two people, pick up the corners and rock it back and forth to mix. If you try this mix, I'm sure you'll stick with it as it works wonders, you can also use it on your clones. On another note, if you are using "Big Bloom", "Grow Big" & "Tiger Bloom" (as I do), "Big Bloom" is pretty much safe in every stage. If you are providing all three and you start to see Nutrient Burn, stop feeding the "Grow Big" & "Tiger Bloom" and continue with the "Big Bloom" at first, if problem exists then remove the "Big Bloom". I have discovered that some strains hate "Grow Big" and "Tiger Bloom" in the first few weeks of flower, so if you are growing new strains introduce these slowly.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

why is schedule for canada soil different from others i have seen from fox farms. canada soil schedule doesn't have big bloom and some other nutrients in it. also it doesn't have sledge hammer flush, just says to use fresh water.

View attachment 1128235
i asked them about that and they told me some products were not available in canada

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i am following there schedule in the amounts but i have been feeding every time i water for about 2 weeks 5th day of week 5
20211023 202716

Latest posts

Top Bottom