Fox Farm Nutes

• Thread starter da420bug
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

da420bug

when you say "one capfull of fox farm growbig per gallon" are you using the small quart bottles or the larger gallon or 5 gallon. they have different sized caps for the different sized bottles, thanks

R

ReelBusy1

when you say "one capfull of fox farm growbig per gallon" are you using the small quart bottles or the larger gallon or 5 gallon. they have different sized caps for the different sized bottles, thanks

don't go by capfuls.
Get a real measuring cup of some sort and go by ML.
use this schedule according to your needs...

D

da420bug

I actually got this question answered from one of the other threads on this column after I posted this one with raskal saying it was the quart size.

I measured one "capfull" of grow big and it came out to about 1 tablespoon(3 teaspoons) exactly. kinda heavy feeding so ill try using 1/2 that till they tell me they need more.

im exited to try this simple yet effective feeding

W

wvkindbud38

I really like Fox Farm products. I've used the Ocean Forest potting soil for 6-7 years or longer and I wouldn't start a grow without it.....I also like the Grow Big and the Tiger Bloom........I usually mix my fertilizer a bit weak in early veg but crank up more ppm in flowering. I have used Fox Farm fretilzers by the exact amounts listed and have never had any leaf tip burns or over fertilizer. I just think FF has some great products.......I can go on and on about the Ocean Forest........I really like this soil......I add a few goodies to it but I still wouldn't use anything else.

I would get a measuring cup.....or a syringe so you can know exactly how much ferts your adding......or use a ec/ppm meter

M

Medic

if you go by capfuls and go by the directions of the bottles and use them together in conjunction, then you will have a brew at around 1000 - 1100 depending on if you use a lil cap full of cal mag. if not then it will be around 1000.

Fox farm grow big is the shit, if your flowering use age old, or use pure blend pro soil formula. go 100% organic. Not half and half

G

gogetta

I really like Fox Farm products. I've used the Ocean Forest potting soil for 6-7 years or longer and I wouldn't start a grow without it.....I also like the Grow Big and the Tiger Bloom........I usually mix my fertilizer a bit weak in early veg but crank up more ppm in flowering. I have used Fox Farm fretilzers by the exact amounts listed and have never had any leaf tip burns or over fertilizer. I just think FF has some great products.......I can go on and on about the Ocean Forest........I really like this soil......I add a few goodies to it but I still wouldn't use anything else.

I would get a measuring cup.....or a syringe so you can know exactly how much ferts your adding......or use a ec/ppm meter
hey wvkindbud, do what "goodies" do u add to ur ocean forest might i ask? and thanx for lettin me know about ur experience..it really motivates me to following my first mind of usin FF nutes..thx

M

MadSeason

Grow Big is not organic

Hey Medic,

What's up bro, just wanted to let you know that Grow Big is not organic. The only Fox Farms liquid nute that is organic is Big Bloom. Tiger Bloom and Grow Big definitely are not organic. It seems like a lot of people make this mistake. If you want 100% organic, no Grow Big or Tiger Bloom.

PEACE

M

Medic

i meant for flowering to go pure organicz man.. fox farm products are not organic at all . they are pretty damn good though man. just gotta add a bit more cal mag to there bases. i

grow big is just the bombs for veg, when its time make sure to use the right nutrients safe for consumption, you go pure organics as opposed to the half and half FF.

i knew i wasnt going to be clear enough up there the first time. i was ripped after the post. i though it would go unnoticed . lol

100 percent organics man is straight up age old dude. PBP makes a good one. I like age old better ,

M

MadSeason

Cool bro. Just wanted to make sure. I have seen this mistake before and just didn't want someone thinking their grow is 100% organic when it's not. Have a good one everybody.

PEACE

M

Medic

ive seen that happen alot too man. when they first came out i thought they were straight pure for awhile, till read the the damn labels. haha.

W

wvkindbud38

hey wvkindbud, do what "goodies" do u add to ur ocean forest might i ask? and thanx for lettin me know about ur experience..it really motivates me to following my first mind of usin FF nutes..thx

Well I add a few things to my ocean forest.......I add around 40% perlite.....and some worm castings, dolomite lime, plant success, green sand,......sometimes I'll add small amounts of bat guano. Just be careful if you add to the ocean forest as I usually add small amounts until I get which ever strain dialed in......as I can be easy to add to much worm castings and other stuff to ocean forest.........I've also used it straight from the bag and just added perlite and dolomite but over the years I've had good success adding a small amount of the above mentioned things. I'm also thinking of adding some black diamond or rare earth to the mix and try it out on a plant or 2. You can't go wrong with Fox Farm......I really like the Tiger Bloom and the Grow ferts alot

L

livinglegend

my bubba LOVES fox farm frow big. I have bubba and diesel right now and the bubba is obviously having a much better time. Honestly though, stop with the cap stuff and go get a syringe from your local nercesary and learn to read ML. The syringe is easier to read, and its cleaner...... you wont spill a drop!

R

ReelBusy1

Hey Medic,

What's up bro, just wanted to let you know that Grow Big is not organic. The only Fox Farms liquid nute that is organic is Big Bloom. Tiger Bloom and Grow Big definitely are not organic. It seems like a lot of people make this mistake. If you want 100% organic, no Grow Big or Tiger Bloom.

PEACE

this is correct.
That all FF is organic is the biggest myth in the grow world.

M

Medic

Plant success does miracles in the soil. Roots get heavy thick and white. Plant success is the shit.

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

I've been using Fox Farm for over a year and the only bottle that says Organic is the Big Bloom. I use the whole line of Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz and Cha Ching. I just enhance the formulas with a little blackstrap molasses at flowering time.

It has been great and haven't had any problems although I do want to switch to all organics soon.

W

wvkindbud38

Plant success does miracles in the soil. Roots get heavy thick and white. Plant success is the shit.

Yea Medic I also really like the Plant Success(granular)......I've been using it by the directions......maybe a little more then required.......I usually add 3-4 TBS per 5gal.....or 1 TBS per gallon up to 3 gal

And yes the Grow and Tiger aren't 100% organic.......but there organic based......I know there not 100% organic but I still like them. I do think the liqiud bloom is all organic......I'm gonna pick up a quart when I go to the store. I like ocean forest so good that I wouldn't even start a grow without it.......I used to drive 30 mins to get OF but now I gotta go about 2 hrs one way to get a load of OF. The place that was 30 mins away stopped saleing the big 1.5 cubic ft bags and started selling the small I think 7 quart bags for around $8 a bag. I usually need 3-4 big bags of OF every grow so it would take a small fortune to buy enough small bags to have enough. Well the drive to get a load of soil is always fun......especially when you got some nice Sensi Star to blaze on the trip lol.........good luck guys using Fox Farm stuff......if you use it as directed it will work wonders

W

wvkindbud38

Another thing I use with ocean forest and fox farm ferts is maxicrop liquid or powdered seaweed. I add seaweed almost every watering and plants just love this stuff. I picked up a bottle about 5-6 years ago to try out and I was amazed.......this is another product I won't start a grow without......liquid or powder seaweed........I would for sure pick up a bottle and try it........just add a small amount to whatever your currently using.........I've mixed seaweed with every fertilizer I use and it always adds something to your plants that they seem to love.....yea it does turn your water purple to black but it's amazing what seaweed can offer.......it's affordable so pick up a bottle..........and no I don't work for Fox Farm or Maxicrop lol I just like there products

Latest posts

Top Bottom