Fox farm ocean forest problems relateable?

• Thread starter TerpiestToker420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

So I got 2 giant bags of fox farm ocean forest transplanted into 10 gallon pots and the oh of my runoff is steadily coming out at 5.7 no matter how much damn water I put through them at 6.4... Literally have 3 on meters and they are all giving me the same thing agter calibration so its not that... Getting pretty frustrated after the run im going to hydro f this

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

So I got 2 giant bags of fox farm ocean forest transplanted into 10 gallon pots and the oh of my runoff is steadily coming out at 5.7 no matter how much damn water I put through them at 6.4... Literally have 3 on meters and they are all giving me the same thing agter calibration so its not that... Getting pretty frustrated after the run im going to hydro f this
Also noticed in this soil theyres little pieces of bark in it with shiny glass like fragments coated over alote of these bark pieces definstrly doesnt look natural but
who am I to say and I shouldve added some lime im assuming when transplanting but never had to do that with this soil

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Water does not change soil ph unless it is very alkaline. The calcium will build up eventually over time.

And the more water you pour through the more oyster shell you wash out which will lower ph.

If the soil is fresh it needs a week or so after watering to activate the oyster shell and bring up the ph to spec. Which is about 6.5 ph with many bags of ocean forest i have used.

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

Water does not change soil ph unless it is very alkaline. The calcium will build up eventually over time.

And the more water you pour through the more oyster shell you wash out which will lower ph.

If the soil is fresh it needs a week or so after watering to activate the oyster shell and bring up the ph to spec. Which is about 6.5 ph with many bags of ocean forest i have used.
Yeah wasnt conpletely washing em out but filled the saucer prob 3 times, im thinking the issue might be when i transplanted my ph meter was off and the ph was in the 5s im assuming getting brown spots on leaves and yellowing so either that or what you said I'll check runoff next time a water hopefully it will have come up by then wanted to flip these ladies next week 😭

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It is very sensitive to overwatering. I have seen spotting and burns simply from overwatering.

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

It is very sensitive to overwatering. I have seen spotting and burns simply from overwatering.
Gotcha I'll just let er ride they are looking pretty good otherwise maybe this one alien its just a fragile gal like they say

Top Bottom