Foxtails on my Girl Scout Cookies - advice please

• Thread starter Northernpop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Northernpop

Northernpop

Hiya guys.

I'm into week 8 flower, but my girl Scout Cookies keep foxtailing.

I've raised the LEDs, and currently flushing, but I added Superthrive for the B vitamins on the last drink.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Happy growing!

Foxtails on my girl scout cookies   advice please
Northernpop

Northernpop

What foxtailing? Looks like a nice flower a little more than halfway done.
Cheers! It's already had the flower flurry, but the fresh pistils are new flowers. It's not too bad, but I have quite a few Amber's and I'm happy it's about there. Was planning a dark weekend then chop.

Northernpop

Northernpop

Cheers guys. It's frustrating when the seed house says 55-60 days, but I know to keep checking.

I'm going to let them run, although I've only been flushing since Monday.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Cheers guys. It's frustrating when the seed house says 55-60 days, but I know to keep checking.

I'm going to let them run, although I've only been flushing since Monday.
I'd give them low dose feed for another week, I dont like switching to plain water until most of the hairs have turned brown and I've got almost all cloudy trichs on the buds themselves, not the sugar leaves.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

You wanna keep going until the plants stop pushing out new pistils....which means they have stopped flowering. At that point, you can start checking for Amber trichs.

This is why they are saying you got at the least 2 or 3 more weeks. Possibly even longer depending on strain type and how strong you want your meds to be.

Cutting plants to soon, even a few days can have a big impact on yield and quality.

Northernpop

Northernpop

I gave the girls an extra week, and they look much more 'ready'. I'd have left them another week, but my next 4 babies need potting on and training, and I'm limited on space.

Going to try dry trimming, since I've built some A3 hash screens.

Really appreciate the comments, guys! Cheers, and happy growing.

IMG 20200902 200816
IMG 20200902 202507
Big Swole

Big Swole

If you would have waited longer your buds would have swole up rock hard and turned a little purple. Also, never use super thrive during flowering. It stalls flowering, and could make your plant start to reveg a little and taste shitty. It’s all good tho next time you run that cut you know what to do and it will be bomb.

Latest posts

Top Bottom