Frankster's new coco grow. custom formulated salts; microorganism & enzyme propagation; frugal low $$$ homemade fertilizer regime.

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

Yea, I'm real excited about that one actually. lol, here's a pic of it's mom?/sister? Bud grew out earlier this year. She is a beauty; and so much vigor. Truly an impressive looking plant. Hope I can do it justice. He set the bar pretty high there. 🤟😜
View attachment 1199891
I ran buds cut as well - def no complaints! Pretty flowers for sure !

then again everything I’ve got from mr Goodman has been fire ! Yeah he sets the bar pretty damn high. Lmao

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Looking at that purple one again, I think I've got well established seed pods going on in there; That's got to be what's happening; cause those are some weird looking flowers..

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
?, any of you guys defoliate during veg?

besides mainlining?
No, I only train during veg, try not to de fol at all during that time; I bend, and train after about the third>forth node. Been doing a lot of tying lately to keep them down.

If I do take any leaves during veg, it's usually late in the cycle, and only one or a few leaves that are removed so new heads can stick up; but I generally tuck those fans; if possible, and just snug them down, so the new heads can peek up, and see the light of day.

Later during early to mid flowering, some of those real low down leaves either need to be untucked; or pinched out completely. (not needed at that point) That's when I usually defol is around week 2>3 after the flip. Then again at week 5 or so; if needed. But the first defol I try to clean out the bottom some; at least an inch or two up, so I get circulation established underneath. Then I hollow out the center a bit; mostly taking big fans; and at strategic locations that allow better penetration.

Last edited:
Observationist

Observationist

No, I only train during veg, try not to de fol at all during that time; I bend, and train after about the third>forth node. Been doing a lot of tying lately to keep them down.
Got this one bent down using little metal wire, topped as well, hoping to see sex soon

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
These have all be defol once already. Earlier in the week; actually. I also use a fair amount of amino acids; humic's some naturally occurring hormones; sugars; and very specific microbe cultures onto my flower fauna. Plus; I'm feeding them (fuel) on the plant; to encourage microbial symbiosis and generate C02 output.

It's a very tightly regulated (tuned) process, cause too much of a good thing; will simply kill them. Lite (not light) Stress is what I'm shooting for. 😉 pun intended.

I try to challenge/push the plants on multiple fronts.

PXL 20220101 073503656
IMG 20211230 040644
IMG 20211229 040412
PXL 20220101 005637897
PXL 20220101 030219486
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Got this one bent down using little metal wire, topped as well, hoping to see sex soon
Yea, that looks good man, giving every node a new head is the way brother. In the end it's about opening it up; and it can be done by removal (topping) or by simple training; I only use the leading tip these days; and manipulate it trying to remove nothing, or simply tucking fan leaves and bringing up the new heads. Once you got about 4->5 nodes of vertical growth, it simply needs to be bent or tied horizontally; and it will produce new "heads" It's that simple.

It's the only way to effectively grow autos period.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Great node spacing on all of them. Did you use any specific hormones or techniques to get them stacking? that's something I'd like to dial in for my next run, compact stacked colas
Thanks; I work on that part a lot; and there's a few things I do in this vein: I've made huge gains in both inter noding; density; and later down the line frost and flavors on this front. Seems like 3->4 main stages of the flowering cycle.

The bigger ones are getting heavy and falling over now when the pots get empty; so I stuck a few bamboo steaks around to prop some of it up and rebalance them a bit....

So the first thing I start with is training; a properly trained plant is going to have more heads to start with; (I sometimes go somewhat overboard) I also keep the internodes really tight out of the gate; so when they hit wk2 stretch there hitting on all cylinders; illicit enhanced hormone response in full-on production mode.... going into flower with healthy momentum is key. Lots of fine tuning the fertilization regime at this time; and it's fairly aggressive.

Then at week 1->2 and a notch further during week 3->4; I'm hitting; cycling them with various different acids. Lots of amine's, usually a salicylic acid treatment or two; ascorbic acids; vit B5 (Pantothenic acid); ;gaba aminobutyric acid; and 2-Amino-3-hydroxypropanoic acid (serine); fluvic acids and 1-Triacontanol which is an acidic alcohol.... ie. a foaming hormonal agent... So at least 3 fundamental hormones; that I derive out of that mixture.

I have toyed with auxins and
Gibberellin here; but not worked with them all that much thus so far. Just during the sprout stages.

PXL 20220119 084154306

PXL 20220122 053901482MP 1
PXL 20220123 131952163MP
PXL 20220123 155529606MP

Last edited:
justice8965

justice8965

Thanks; I work on that part a lot; and there's a few things I do in this vein: I've made huge gains in both inter noding; density; and later down the line frost and flavors on this front. Seems like 3->4 main stages of the flowering cycle.

The bigger ones are getting heavy and falling over now when the pots get empty; so I stuck a few bamboo steaks around to prop some of it up and rebalance them a bit....

So the first thing I start with is training; a properly trained plant is going to have more heads to start with; (I sometimes go somewhat overboard) I also keep the internodes really tight out of the gate; so when they hit wk2 stretch there hitting on all cylinders; illicit enhanced hormone response in full-on production mode.... going into flower with healthy momentum is key. Lots of fine tuning the fertilization regime at this time; and it's fairly aggressive.

Then at week 1->2 and a notch further during week 3->4; I'm hitting; cycling them with various different acids. Lots of amine's, usually a salicylic acid treatment or two; ascorbic acids; vit B5 (Pantothenic acid); ;gaba aminobutyric acid; and 2-Amino-3-hydroxypropanoic acid (serine); fluvic acids and 1-Triacontanol which is an acidic alcohol.... ie. a foaming hormonal agent... So at least 3 fundamental hormones; that I derive out of that mixture.

I have toyed with auxins and
Gibberellin here; but not worked with them all that much thus so far. Just during the sprout stages.

View attachment 1209935
View attachment 1209932View attachment 1209933View attachment 1209934

Interesting. I just bought powdered fulvic, Aminos and vitazyme which contains Tria. Do you these at the roots or foliar?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Interesting. I just bought powdered fulvic, Aminos and vitazyme which contains Tria. Do you these at the roots or foliar?
Both; actually; but mostly only a few amino and tria on the upper. Fluvic always below; except maybe during the flip itself.

PXL 20220207 044113069MP
Top Bottom