Franksters Official E-sport thread: Passing the time, I like shooting people.

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Shooting people with about 7 different weapons while being knocked around like a ping pong ball. My idea of a good time. I'm a pretty efficient e-killer (Quake Champions) actually, been doing it for awhile now. Nothing like cleaning up a room full of stoners, and utterly dominate the map.

I never get tired of this, I've probably played a million hours over the last 24 years of playing. Anyhow, please post up some of the carnage you inflict on your prey. Let's get a thread going.

Frankenstein Auto

Franksters official e sport thread passing the time i like shooting people
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
What system you on Frank?

I've been building my own systems for years, this is the latest, from about 2 years ago. Constructed from parts.

Intel i5 9600k@5GH (water-cooled)
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR OC 8GB (water cooled)
G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200@3400mhz
Crucial MX500 1TB SSD (x2)
MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS
Corsair Hydro Seriesā„¢ H110i GT 280mm Extreme Liquid CPU Cooler
ID-COOLING FROSTFLOW 120 mm GPU Liquid Cooler
Corsair Gaming K70 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard ā€” CHERRYĀ® MX Fast
Logitech G pro mouse
3D Speed Edition Razer Goliathus XXL
Monoprice Zero-G Gaming Monitor - 25 Inch AMDFreeSync, 240Hz, 1ms

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Peter Gunn - Jeff Beck: Honours Les Paul

Jimmy hendrix's first song he learned. (done by jeff beck) Old men jamming out.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I'm currently running a HP Omen i7, bought as a pre built unit.
Yea, mine's kinda running a bit faster than most of the processors out there even today for the most part, except for the top tier parts anyhow. Essentially at the time, for around $800 I was able to build a system that performed like a several thousand dollar unit. I like to overclock and get every ounce of processing power I can out of a machine, and now a days, I only play one game, so finding the best choice is pretty straight forward.

I also like to get a excellent performance for the price. I do a lot of research about these sorts of things.

Quake Champions is very processor dependent, and it's a game that requires high frame rates and low latency. It's a game nobody plays because the requirements are fairly high, the game is extremely difficult to master, and there's a lot of old school guys like me who've been playing it for decades. So a real marginal, old school gamer thing, sorta in the vein of fortnight, or CSGO, I suppose.

Anyhow, it doesn't bother me much that the game isn't popular, it's familiar to me. I have lots of fun.

I was thinking about upgrading to say a threadripper or ryzen, but I get pretty good performance as things set, maybe I'll upgrade the graphics card to the RTX 3070, but I'll probably wait till I can get it under $450 or so, I'm not in a rush to upgrade anymore. It's always something new.

I've got a lot of drones I've been playing with too. I've got a DJI Mavic Mini, I've got a bigger Mavic Air with object avoidance, following sensors, you can make a film with it, goes almost 5 miles range, 30 min flight time. I've also got a tiny Tello drone for inside and just practice, doing flips, speed racing and whatnot, one that's got extra engines, and I don't have to worry about wrecking.

I like working on electronics actually. Same with the LED lights, I take them apart, trouble-shoot them, clean, reassemble.

chemistry

chemistry

Got a Tiny Hawk 2. Current game of choice is Black Ops 4, team deathmach. šŸ˜

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Not much into gaming. My son is big time. But ive been thinking about building a gaming computer someday to run an occulus on so I can play DCS. Im literally obsessed with VR flight simulators.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Iā€™ve never played computer games my son Jack is into them ..

chemistry

chemistry

Not much into gaming. My son is big time. But ive been thinking about building a gaming computer someday to run an occulus on so I can play DCS. Im literally obsessed with VR flight simulators.

Played VR games at a buddies, I'll bet the flight sims in open world would be a blast with VR.

Latest posts

Top Bottom