Franksters Official E-sport thread: Passing the time, I like shooting people.

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Shooting people with about 7 different weapons while being knocked around like a ping pong ball. My idea of a good time. I'm a pretty efficient e-killer (Quake Champions) actually, been doing it for awhile now. Nothing like cleaning up a room full of stoners, and utterly dominate the map.

I never get tired of this, I've probably played a million hours over the last 24 years of playing. Anyhow, please post up some of the carnage you inflict on your prey. Let's get a thread going.

Frankenstein Auto

Franksters official e sport thread passing the time i like shooting people
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
What system you on Frank?

I've been building my own systems for years, this is the latest, from about 2 years ago. Constructed from parts.

Intel i5 9600k@5GH (water-cooled)
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR OC 8GB (water cooled)
G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200@3400mhz
Crucial MX500 1TB SSD (x2)
MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS
Corsair Hydro Series™ H110i GT 280mm Extreme Liquid CPU Cooler
ID-COOLING FROSTFLOW 120 mm GPU Liquid Cooler
Corsair Gaming K70 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard — CHERRY® MX Fast
Logitech G pro mouse
3D Speed Edition Razer Goliathus XXL
Monoprice Zero-G Gaming Monitor - 25 Inch AMDFreeSync, 240Hz, 1ms

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Peter Gunn - Jeff Beck: Honours Les Paul

Jimmy hendrix's first song he learned. (done by jeff beck) Old men jamming out.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I'm currently running a HP Omen i7, bought as a pre built unit.
Yea, mine's kinda running a bit faster than most of the processors out there even today for the most part, except for the top tier parts anyhow. Essentially at the time, for around $800 I was able to build a system that performed like a several thousand dollar unit. I like to overclock and get every ounce of processing power I can out of a machine, and now a days, I only play one game, so finding the best choice is pretty straight forward.

I also like to get a excellent performance for the price. I do a lot of research about these sorts of things.

Quake Champions is very processor dependent, and it's a game that requires high frame rates and low latency. It's a game nobody plays because the requirements are fairly high, the game is extremely difficult to master, and there's a lot of old school guys like me who've been playing it for decades. So a real marginal, old school gamer thing, sorta in the vein of fortnight, or CSGO, I suppose.

Anyhow, it doesn't bother me much that the game isn't popular, it's familiar to me. I have lots of fun.

I was thinking about upgrading to say a threadripper or ryzen, but I get pretty good performance as things set, maybe I'll upgrade the graphics card to the RTX 3070, but I'll probably wait till I can get it under $450 or so, I'm not in a rush to upgrade anymore. It's always something new.

I've got a lot of drones I've been playing with too. I've got a DJI Mavic Mini, I've got a bigger Mavic Air with object avoidance, following sensors, you can make a film with it, goes almost 5 miles range, 30 min flight time. I've also got a tiny Tello drone for inside and just practice, doing flips, speed racing and whatnot, one that's got extra engines, and I don't have to worry about wrecking.

I like working on electronics actually. Same with the LED lights, I take them apart, trouble-shoot them, clean, reassemble.

chemistry

chemistry

Got a Tiny Hawk 2. Current game of choice is Black Ops 4, team deathmach. 😁

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Not much into gaming. My son is big time. But ive been thinking about building a gaming computer someday to run an occulus on so I can play DCS. Im literally obsessed with VR flight simulators.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I’ve never played computer games my son Jack is into them ..

chemistry

chemistry

Not much into gaming. My son is big time. But ive been thinking about building a gaming computer someday to run an occulus on so I can play DCS. Im literally obsessed with VR flight simulators.

Played VR games at a buddies, I'll bet the flight sims in open world would be a blast with VR.

Top Bottom