Freak's Home-made hands-free Trich Tumbler

• Thread starter Freak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Freak

Freak

Breeder
Supporter
Well, I will post this again since the other one at the other place was removed per my request.....lol

This is a pretty cheap & easy build for you handy mofo's, cost me about $35.
What you need:
Roll of Well-Water filter screen, (I got the 220 micron size as I find it works the best, its usually comes in a 2 or 3 ft. wide roll and you'll need a few feet of it depending on how big of a tumbler you want to make. Mine is about 18 inches in diameter and about 12 inches wide.)
3/4 inch thick Plywood- Half sheet will work. these will be the sides of the tumbler.
2 small hinges and a hook and eye lock with safety feature, you'll find it.
Staple Gun and 1/2 inch staples
Rotisserie Motor and Rod
Large Sterilite or Rubbermaid Tub

Okay, cut your 2 circles out of the plywood, Jigsaw or Saber saw works best, smooth off edges with sandpaper.
Then, mark and cut out your door and install hardware, I like using a fine bladed jigsaw,it makes for a tighter door gap....then mark the exact center of each circle and drill a 5/16 hole in both pieces. That is for you Rod to go through, you want it really tight so the drum doesn't slip, it's a square peg in a round hole so make it smaller than the Rod. even if you have to drive the rod through gently with a hammer. leaving equal amounts sticking out either side.
Space your 2 sides apart on the rod as wide as you want your tumbler and staple on your screening all the way around the drum, keep your staples close together, really stitch that screen to the wood, where the screen overlaps, give yourself an inch or so. I run a bead of clear silicone across the seam to close it. let it dry completely before using.
Take the motor and hook the little foot under the lip of the Tub.you'll have to tilt motor and insert drum and rod into motor, lay drum across tub, secure rod with a couple guide screws in upper edge of tub. fill drum about 1/3 with shake or trimmings and plug that bitch in, let it run overnight and reap your bounty in the morning....I like to toss in a few golf balls just to break it all loose.
Peace and Happy Building.....
Freak

Here's the pics to help understand what it is......
http://i247.invalid.com/albums/gg138/foxfarmfreak/DIY%20pix/tumbler06.jpg
$5 Yard Sale Rotisserie Motor & Rod

Notice the locking feature on the door hardware....spring loaded.
http://i247.invalid.com/albums/gg138/foxfarmfreak/DIY%20pix/tumbler03.jpg
tumbler door side

This is after less than an hour and looks at all that dust......
http://i247.invalid.com/albums/gg138/foxfarmfreak/DIY%20pix/tumbler01.jpg
Kief is already building up....

Piles of Dry Sift to scrape up and do with what you will....
http://i247.invalid.com/albums/gg138/foxfarmfreak/DIY%20pix/tumbler04.jpg
Yeah! now that's more like it......

http://i247.invalid.com/albums/gg138/foxfarmfreak/DIY%20pix/tumblerkief02.jpg
it smokes like a dream and is great for throwing into butter and cooking with.....Keep The Kief!!!!

http://i247.invalid.com/albums/gg138/foxfarmfreak/DIY%20pix/tumblerkief03.jpg

Enjoy & Peace
Freak :harvest: Cabin Fever

P

PeteK

Ya but then the weed is no good after that, My Patients that i grow for love getting it from me because all the THC is on the weed, the dispensaries around here do the same thing and people ahte buyign from there.

Cort

Cort

Pete, generally kief, bho and water hash are made from trimmings or larf, not smoke quality nugs. If someone is trying to sell whats left after kief et al is made then people rightfully should be upset and not buy it.

Freak,

Brilliant set up brah. I have been thinking about something similar and on a smaller scale as i have the rotisserie rod/motor already. :harvest:

B

bentripin

he said fill the drum with shake & trimmings, no one is implying you should throw dank medical grade buds in here and de-trich em..

I love this device and im gona make one for sure, might even find some nice hashplant strains and grow crops specifically between hash & kief production.. I'll toss what comes out into compost, as I'll have plenty of herb stockpiled before I grow any non-smokable product.

Cort

Cort

My bro likes to use the waste in his cooking and brownies. Less potent but just as flavorful.

P

PeteK

Ok im sorry i missed the part where he said throw waste and trimming sinto it, then ya its a BADASS idea :) i usualyl cook with the trimming and the brownies knock most people on there ass

A

AliasAO

Freak,

Thanx for the info and building manual, Im going to build this in the next coming months.

But Id like to know where to buy the motor and rotating apparatus?

Also where can I get the micron sheet screen from?

Thanx

--AO

B

bentripin

Alias, its a Rotisserie Motor.. u can find em on google shopping/ebay for $25 or less.. if ur looking locally then a store dedicated to kitchenware going to be one of your best bets.

As for the silk screen, art supply stores should have it for screen printing and various other things.

Freak

Freak

Breeder
Supporter
Oh Yeah Pete!, I've NEVER thrown smokable buds in there, Just Larf, and all the sugar leaves you trim, I don't throw big sun/fan leaves in either, I feed those and ground up stems to my worms in the composter......
BTW, ben is right and also Wal-Mart has rod and motor for $25 in the BarBque area. and it even comes with some cool ass mounting brackets, so the rod spins on metal, and the motor is held in place securely.
Peace
Freak :harvest:

A

AliasAO

Oh Yeah Pete!, I've NEVER thrown smokable buds in there, Just Larf, and all the sugar leaves you trim, I don't throw big sun/fan leaves in either, I feed those and ground up stems to my worms in the composter......
BTW, ben is right and also Wal-Mart has rod and motor for $25 in the BarBque area. and it even comes with some cool ass mounting brackets, so the rod spins on metal, and the motor is held in place securely.
Peace
Freak :harvest:

Money... thanx Freak..

T

tattoojim

freak...thats f n fantastic!! i love save n money so im pretty sure i will build one of those. just got done with a home made cloner. thanks for sharing this

Cort

Cort

Anyone have a source they would like to share for the 200 micron screen?

I havent given searching for it my all, but it hasnt jumped in my lap either.

N

NorcalODB

Freak,great idea,thats a ton of kief!
Hey Freak, I've been trying to get an idea and or find a thread for a tumbler for a while now and your idea and thread is great. Going to build one my self. :sign0005::D

I normally make bubble hash but some days I just don't want to mess with the bags so a tumbler will be awesome!

420alldaze

420alldaze

fuckin sweet freak!! thumbs up to you my brotha! +1 peacentreez

K

Kingofcali

Nice I had something similar with a 5 gallon
Bucket and a dewalt drill!!

C

CAPO

anyone try a few pieces of dry-ice in one of these yet, or would it be too much on the screen?

Top Bottom