• Tagged users None
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I been using dry ice in mine for about 6 months - screen seems fine

L

ledweed

Pete, generally kief, bho and water hash are made from trimmings or larf, not smoke quality nugs. If someone is trying to sell whats left after kief et al is made then people rightfully should be upset and not buy it.

Freak,

Brilliant set up brah. I have been thinking about something similar and on a smaller scale as i have the rotisserie rod/motor already. :harvest:

Ahahahahaha that hilarious I'm thinking the same thing. ROtisery motor for my bbq lol I want know know though if someone has ever though of a static vertical unit using a drill motor though. hmmmmm

D

DazedNconfussed

i wanted to make one with a cordless drill i could fit in the freezer.....anyone see anything like that yet i could duplicate.....my only problem with dry ice is seems you have to have your timing down cause quality goes down quick. My opinion...only seen a friend do it once.

also...anyone seen a tumbler yet where when the trich fall down they land on a higher micron screen then filter down the different micron screens similar to the typical bubble bag setups....

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
my only problem with dry ice is seems you have to have your timing down cause quality goes down quick. My opinion...only seen a friend do it once.

well shit my experience with dry ice is you only need to spin for about 8 - 10 minutes before its done

without dry ice I spin for about 45 minutes

C

Codisious

Yes, The Tumble Now that Bubbleman makes. Aqualab sells them

B

blueburnsorange

I think you are looking for something similar to this (for silk screening tshirts/fabric)

Quick alternative - a friend showed me a cheap and less efficient way to do it. Get a dry cleaning bag from Target/Walmart (make sure it isn't treated with chemicals or scents) and fill it with trim. Put that inside some sort of closed container (in our case, a larger plastic bag) and shake the shit out of it for 5 minutes. Then corner the large back and it's full of kief.

Cort

Cort

BRS "Mesh" Filter Sock 7" x 16" 200 Micron (w/ Plastic Ring)

$5.39

Dunno if it would work for hand shake dry ice kief or not, worth a shot.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Freak said in the initial post that it is the screen for well water so I am sure either Home Depot or a well drilling company should have it.

K

katiemarie

That is freakin ingenious..now I want one, God another project

B

bulldog74

Can someone please tell me where to find the well water screen?

Buddamonk

Buddamonk

Hey guys, quick question...I have one of these, and after all the trichs are off can one still use the shake from the tumbler and use them to make oil/butter? I ask because I assume this tumbler only releases trichs, so I should still be able to extract The medicinal properties right?

Cort

Cort

The remains wont be near as potent but yes, you can use it to make butter/oil. Will probably need to experiment with quantities of green vs butter to get potency up.

Freak

Freak

Breeder
Supporter
I find my screen at a well water and pump company, anyone who services wells will either have it or can order it, and you can get different micron sizes.
But that idea of tumbling it over a couple different sized screen sounds like an awesome add-on. lol
I have a big (12" x 16") custom rolling tray that has 2 different size screens and then black glass on the bottom, and yes, the stuff on the lower screen and on the glass is definitely a little higher grade dust.
I will look to see if I can find an ad for the screen online.
Peace and Thanks for the compliments.
Freak

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks Freak, you are a helpful and handy guy. Hopefully what comes around goes around and it falls on your plate, take care

mal

D

Drewster446

I made a similar tumbler I used 8" galvanized end caps with 120 screen wrapped around it using a rotisserie motor I put dry ice in and couple golf balls works great!

Top Bottom