Freaky Clone - Looking for thoughts

• Thread starter demman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
demman

demman

Hey everyone,

I'm officially in the start of my second grow with one catch - I'm growing a real fucked up clone and a hermie seed. Using this second grow as a final testing ground before I spend some extra money on fancy seeds. Anyways, I completely forgot to take any clones of my plants until around 4 weeks into flower. I was trimming my plant up, and decided to see what would happen if I threw one of the cuttings in a cup of water. It ended up rooting, and sitting there on my window sill for 6 more weeks. By the time my tent was cleared up to be switched back to 18-6, the roots were looking funky and the plant was in some state of unfinished flower. I planted it anyways to see what would happen, and it initially looked like it was just dying. The leafs began to turn a dark green and saw massive clawing. I assumed it was due to hot soil, but the same soil was completely fine last time around. Nothing I tried fixed it, so I just let it go. Then a miracle happened, new growth showed.

The first picture was my attempt to show where all the new vegatative growth is coming from. At the bottom of the stem right where it hits soil, a small patch of growth began to appear. These pictures are from today, 4 days later, and that small patch of growth ended up turning into 5 different stems. My first thought was to cut off the original stem so all the energy would be transferred into the new growth, but I spotted the start of new vegetation coming from further up that I attempted to capture in the last photo(little stem in the inner bud site below the main one). I'm hoping that also manages to turn into a 5 stem-1 node hotspot. I'm thinking this could yield a real fucked up but bushy plant.

I'm curious if anyone has ever seen this with their clones or plant. My first thought was that maybe this was a spot that I cut off when I originally defoliated the mother plant, and this is acting like some sort of fimming? I'm keen for any suggestions or ideas with this plant.

Also, if anyone has any thoughts on the shiny green and clawing leaves, I'd love to hear those too. The new growth is looking great (well at least to me...), but if the clawing returns I would love to know a way to handle it.

Freaky clone   looking for thoughts
Freaky clone   looking for thoughts 2
Freaky clone   looking for thoughts 3
Freaky clone   looking for thoughts 4
Freaky clone   looking for thoughts 5
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Revegging plants always look insane. You can get a dozen branches coming out of a single, old flower. Anywhere on the plant where there's a growing point, a branch can take off.

demman

demman

Revegging plants always look insane. You can get a dozen branches coming out of a single, old flower. Anywhere on the plant where there's a growing point, a branch can take off.
Sounds fun, gonna leave it alone and see if more runs wild. Thanks for the info

Top Bottom