Free, instant mycorrhizal mix, and compost tea for cloners.

• Thread starter Jermamma420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jermamma420

Jermamma420

There's lots of good in depth info on these subjects, but I think sometimes we over complicate things, and depend on the stores too much.
I use both these methods, and they work flawless for me, and they are free, and you can get them 24-7.
For instant mycorrhizal mix, (Other than people's tendency to want to isolate, and control things), I don't really see the need to dig up grass roots, shake off dirt, chop up roots, mix it, add new soil, plant new seeds, wait a year to dig up roots, shake off soil, chop up roots, then save that as your final product?
Here is an excellent write up on the long, "super concentrated" method-

I have a yard full of grass that has been alive longer than me. It's not fertilized, or treated in any way.
What I do is pull up clumps of grass, shake the dirt off the roots, chop up the roots about 1/2" size, in a bucket, Done.
Instant mycorrhizal mix for free.
You will get a few wild seed sprouts, and it would be possible to transfer something bad, but it works great for me, and I don't have to wait. I gather it up right before I transplant, and use it fresh, while I know it's still alive, and if I dry it out, it would be full of spores too.
Just sprinkle a handful in bottom of the pot, and all over the roots, just like the store bought stuff.

Compost tea I make by going in the woods, and getting 2-3 handfuls of good dirt from under the leaves, and I add 5 teaspoons of molasses to 4 gallons of non chlorine water, and bubble for 2 days. Thats it. Store the left over in the fridge for up to a few weeks, it never lasts me that long, cause i pour the left overs (after I "add tea at a rate of 1 to 3 cups per 10 gallons" to the cloner) in my other pots.
You can look up "The full richyrich hydro tea recipe" for the whole write up.
This will cure a slime invaded cloner, and make for some good looking roots. Look it up for the full instructions, and have no doubts :)

Last edited:
Jermamma420

Jermamma420

That sounds awesome, I just cannot take a chance like that with my stuff. No telling what else is in there.
I hear ya. It could happen, but the only negatives I've had were the occasional rogue weed seed, with the myco.
Normally bad stuff wont grow, if there's already good stuff growing.
Like, I suppose you could add too many chopped up roots, which could mold or rot, maybe.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That sounds awesome, I just cannot take a chance like that with my stuff. No telling what else is in there.
Indeed. Reminds me of the time my buddy started using compost from the local elementary school garden and got root aphids from it.

Jermamma420

Jermamma420

Indeed. Reminds me of the time my buddy started using compost from the local elementary school garden and got root aphids from it.
Yeah. It's got to be healthy living soil. Def not compost. Wrong fungi.
It has to come from the root zone.

Jermamma420

Jermamma420

It's funny you replied.
Not half an hour ago, some of your past posts led me to PeakseedsBC, lol
I just bought their mix, and paid with Paypal. Love it!

Top Bottom