Free Samples?

• Thread starter Joe Fresh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

from time to time i know nutrient companies give out free samples...does anyone happen to know of any that are doing this at the moment? i love trying out new products but hate to pay for stuff if im just testing it out lol..plus its always fun to have a nice variety of mini sample bottles/packs lol

The Terps

The Terps

Lots of companies send samples to try and all companies would prefer you use there nutes over the competitions. Because even though they are all pretty much the same they like to think they are one step ahead. So ask your local shop to get ahold of the company you want to try and ask if they will send them a sample pack for you. We do that for our customers. If your shop isn't willing to do that then call the company direct tell them how good your friend does with them and ask them for a sample box.

The Terps

The Terps

What are you currently using and what would you like to switch to?

Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

if i find something interesting, i hit up my shop and ask them to contact the company to request samples. I find that most companies will go out of their way to get sample products to hydro stores instead of an individual going direct to the company itself. Just picked up the full line of Greenstone nutrients for a test grow fwiw, and they hooked it up! Ive done this multiple times, Black Label, Technaflora, Myco, BioAg, Beneficial Biologies, Roots Organics let me test their new B2 formula medium, etc... Especially if you leave credible feed back to the store and company for which you are sampling.
SkĂĽna

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

Lots of companies send samples to try and all companies would prefer you use there nutes over the competitions. Because even though they are all pretty much the same they like to think they are one step ahead. So ask your local shop to get ahold of the company you want to try and ask if they will send them a sample pack for you. We do that for our customers. If your shop isn't willing to do that then call the company direct tell them how good your friend does with them and ask them for a sample box.
yeah my shop hooks me up with free samples, but not as much as i would like...thats why i was looking for companies direct i could contact for samples....

and as for what im looking for...nothing specific, a little of everything lol

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

if i find something interesting, i hit up my shop and ask them to contact the company to request samples. I find that most companies will go out of their way to get sample products to hydro stores instead of an individual going direct to the company itself. Just picked up the full line of Greenstone nutrients for a test grow fwiw, and they hooked it up! Ive done this multiple times, Black Label, Technaflora, Myco, BioAg, Beneficial Biologies, Roots Organics let me test their new B2 formula medium, etc... Especially if you leave credible feed back to the store and company for which you are sampling.
SkĂĽna
yeah my shops are not that generous...they might hook you up with one product every now and then, but its not all the time and never more than one product

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

i guess if i had to say what kind of samples i wanted most would be root/bloom stimulants/enhancers....i dont care to much for base nutes and i like my dry powders...but i like to test out root and bloom stims and try some side by sides

Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

yeah my shops are not that generous...they might hook you up with one product every now and then, but its not all the time and never more than one product

hmmm well u gotta befriend the shop boys! ive encountered my fair share of douche shops so i do understand. Its best to ask about a single product you would like to sample, then give feedback and what not. You dont want to come off as a dude just looking for free shit. Going direct is cool, but dont be surprised if they make u pay for shipping. companies really like if you log ur findings online, gives them more incentive to let u try em out.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

hmmm well u gotta befriend the shop boys! ive encountered my fair share of douche shops so i do understand. Its best to ask about a single product you would like to sample, then give feedback and what not. You dont want to come off as a dude just looking for free shit. Going direct is cool, but dont be surprised if they make u pay for shipping. companies really like if you log ur findings online, gives them more incentive to let u try em out.
i dont mind to pay shipping, i mean i buy from 4L-6gal depending what it is, so before dishing out that kind of $$ i would rather make a test for much cheaper, if i can get test bottles by just paying shipping then that would be a nice bonus to find the best stuff for me without breaking the bank....last time i blindly bought stuff was 3800$ worth of AN....so you can see why i would like to test stuff out first ;)

soserthc1

soserthc1

Free shit is always good , what if ya got no shops around

Interesting thread as I was just thinking of trying a new enhancer / enhancers and testing them first for free would rock .

urban1026835

urban1026835

hydroponic research does samples of veg&bloom also the +size stimulator and I am sure scott at NOTG would set you up with the bloom khaos booster and some other goodies if you ask. I have recieved more then my fair share of complete nutrient lines from companies including G.H. before.

It's all about how you ask I guess because on any given day you can get hooked up from pretty much any company for any product.

Skuna Tuna

Skuna Tuna

i dont mind to pay shipping, i mean i buy from 4L-6gal depending what it is, so before dishing out that kind of $$ i would rather make a test for much cheaper, if i can get test bottles by just paying shipping then that would be a nice bonus to find the best stuff for me without breaking the bank....last time i blindly bought stuff was 3800$ worth of AN....so you can see why i would like to test stuff out first ;)

i definitely agree, this is why im on top of anything that peaks my interest. also gives me a first impression on the company on how willing they will be to let growers test their products before relying on us making clueless purchases.

Free shit is always good , what if ya got no shops around

Interesting thread as I was just thinking of trying a new enhancer / enhancers and testing them first for free would rock .

if thats the case, going direct to the companies would be best for you. i hit up Left Coast Wholesale (terpinator, Green Planet nutes, and Geo Planter) to get ahold of a sample of Terpinator. not only did they send me 1Liter, the also threw in a couple shirts and another Sample of Green Planet's Bloom Massive! Havent tried either yet, waiting for a good test & control run.

The Terps

The Terps

That terpinator is good stuff in my opinion give it a try I use it week 4-finish at 20 mls a gal. That would be a good product to try and sample! Although it isn't a bloom or root enhancer it's a solid product in my room. As far as a root enhancement try root enhance from black label liked it more than h and g gold bottle.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
from time to time i know nutrient companies give out free samples...does anyone happen to know of any that are doing this at the moment? i love trying out new products but hate to pay for stuff if im just testing it out lol..plus its always fun to have a nice variety of mini sample bottles/packs lol

hit an indoor grow show and get enough samples to grow for years. http://www.indoorgardenexpo.com/

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
they use to have 2 a year in canada. guess since your laws changed or something

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

well i tried ATAMI, and they were pretty much dicks..saying that they have ended their free sample program and that if i wanted to try their products then i should buy their sample packs lol...a sample pack would not do me one res change let alone one month or a whole grow....def not gonna pay for that...who the fuck pays for sample packs? lol thats like going to the grocery store and they have taste testers out, but they charge you 2$ each just to taste test to see if you wanna buy the product...fucking idiots lol

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Try Bryce at Heavy 16. He's a great guy, from my limited interaction with him. SUPER knowledgeable and willing to share. I like every product I've tried from their line so far. About to do a full run with only Heavy16 and see what's what. I find it hard to believe the flavor will be as nice as my organic regimen, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

You'll have better luck in my experience dealing with companies directly, especially their sale reps. You can promise a grow log online to showcase their products- side-by-side testing has worked for me in the past. If a sales rep isn't excited about you running their line versus another product, stay away from that line, lol!

Top Bottom