FREE SEEDS!!!

• Thread starter madmaster420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
foursquare

foursquare

I really want to, but don't want to step on anyone's toes or make any enemies...I never considered myself a revolutionary, per se, but I guess they make enemies, huh? Maybe I'm just another damn gutless trembler. Maybe not. I guess we'll just have to see where this goes. Thanks for the input, though. Any suggestions?
Im telling you right now that i doubt anyone will feel like your steppin g on toes i you gift out gentics. Ill be first in line when your ready:D

madmaster420

madmaster420

I agree. and
the breeders only get half that money..
and many of those breeders here on the farm have given free seeds to many people

@madmaster420 There is alot of work involved..from growing to selection to breeding to packaging to shipping..

Do you plan to do all that work for free?

Or do you want someone else to do it for you?
Thnx. I do know how much WORK is involved in making a stable line. I have been breeding dogs and plants for over 25yrs (I'm still just a pup by many standards) and love to see genetic expressions unfold throughout time. That's all part of the experience. Honestly, with all due respect, shaking some pollen on a female isn't such brutal work, it's the waiting, testing, selective backcrossing, linebreeding, and inbreeding that is so time consuming. Yes, Ken I do plan on doing a large portion of that work FOR FREE if I am afforded the opportunity to do so at any time in the future. And no, I will not want anyone to do anything for me. (most people wouldn't do things the way I would want them done, anyway). Big ups to all of you guys who are truly compassionate and share. God bless you and those like you!

foursquare

foursquare

It would be cool to ty and setup some sort of seed trading thing, or a place where people who dont have the money to drop 20 25 a seed can get hooked up. Obviously it probably would be difficult, and unfortunatley people who are greedy may try and take advantage of that. But im sure theres tons of growers here who have hundreds of seeds on deck that theyl probably never use.

madmaster420

madmaster420

Im telling you right now that i doubt anyone will feel like your steppin g on toes i you gift out gentics. Ill be first in line when your ready:D

Hey Four, thnx man. Obviously I will NEVER offer anything for free or trade on this site. Don't wanna get banned for being a johnny appleseed type. Just saying it would be cool is all

madmaster420

madmaster420

It would be cool to ty and setup some sort of seed trading thing, or a place where people who dont have the money to drop 20 25 a seed can get hooked up. Obviously it probably would be difficult, and unfortunatley people who are greedy may try and take advantage of that. But im sure theres tons of growers here who have hundreds of seeds on deck that theyl probably never use.

thousands...

Black Lab

Black Lab

I hear you. Like I said, I am not opposed to anyone making an HONEST living. But I was reading through some old threads last night in an effort to educate and reacquaint myself with the scene and had to wonder about how it all got so crazy (re:chem)

I was talking to a friend yesterday and we got to talking about people selling clones or seeds. I don't know about you, but I have taken literally tens of thousands of clones in my life, possibly more. It wasn't hard work, per se. But he was saying, "yeah...you can sell 'em for $20 each!" and my argument was this:

If I sold a hundred thousand clones, seeds, whatever for $2 each I'd still be making good money. And there will still be people trying to give you their money if they want something badly enough. Not saying everyone, everywhere should give away all their shit. But if everyone had access to stable genetics then the cream would surely rise to the top and people would be coming up with some amazing stuff regularly. Don't forget that we're talking about sentient beings, here... Weed plants have manipulated mankind since the first blessed toke! In the hands of the proper stewards they will continue to thrive and outwit douchebags like monsanto and all the others that think they can own or control mother nature
On a more positive take on this; the creation of a market drives demand and demand often results in change, innovation and increased diversity and quality. I don't have a problem with people making money off their work and I don't think anybody has access to any strain that is remarkably better than any of the best available here on the Farm. I think a BC breeder was trying to sell God seeds or something with supposedly with super short flower time and astronomical THC levels for $500 a seed. Let the buyer beware and a sucker is born every moment.
Change is the only constant in life we can count on.

madmaster420

madmaster420

On a more positive take on this; the creation of a market drives demand and demand often results in change, innovation and increased diversity and quality. I don't have a problem with people making money off their work and I don't think anybody has access to any strain that is remarkably better than any of the best available here on the Farm. I think a BC breeder was trying to sell God seeds or something with supposedly with super short flower time and astronomical THC levels for $500 a seed. Let the buyer beware and a sucker is born every moment.
Change is the only constant in life we can count on.

You hit the nail right on the head, BL

foursquare

foursquare

Hey Four, thnx man. Obviously I will NEVER offer anything for free or trade on this site. Don't wanna get banned for being a johnny appleseed type. Just saying it would be cool is all
Why is giving away free seeds something looked down upon on this site? I thought the thcfarmer forum was the most like overgrow, and isnt the whole point to connect growers spread seeds and overgrow this bitch until the whole country realizes they need to back the uck off

foursquare

foursquare

I get breeders making money for their hard work and the risk they take, but why would people be upset if i wanted to gift you with seeds?

madmaster420

madmaster420

Ghandi exposed the POWER in passive resistance.
Had MLK picked up a gun, he would have been gunned down by cops before an assassin could lock and load.

exactly. that's what I'm trying to avoid. It's not the bullets I can see that worry me, it's the ones that vaporize your melon from a mile out that I'm concerned with.

foursquare

foursquare

I look at this issue as all the growers on this site with thousands of stockpiled seeds should be allowed to gift them out to anyone who is looking for some decent gentics. If you had something like that set up people would still buy just as many seeds from the big breeders. People want the new GSC seeds or the new drops from alig . People will always buy the 200 dollar seeds becasue there worth it. But why not give away some of those seeds that are just sitting in your drawers not doing anything.

madmaster420

madmaster420

And with that being said, are there any growers, breeders, cashcroppers, hobbyists, etc out there who have any progressive, forward thinking ideas? I understand that you can please most of the people most of the time, and some of the people some of the time, but none is gonna be happy all of the time. Is there a solution that could be amenable to all?

madmaster420

madmaster420

I look at this issue as all the growers on this site with thousands of stockpiled seeds should be allowed to gift them out to anyone who is looking for some decent gentics. If you had something like that set up people would still buy just as many seeds from the big breeders. People want the new GSC seeds or the new drops from alig . People will always buy the 200 dollar seeds becasue there worth it. But why not give away some of those seeds that are just sitting in your drawers not doing anything.

exactamente!

Kendo

Kendo

Great thread, much love and respect.
For those looking for free seeds.
There are a great many persons giving seeds away all around you, Most times all you need to do is ask.
There are scores of people who are knocking off high priced genetics just to spite the High priced geneticists selling said high priced genetics.
In 2006 I teamed up with a good friend and a cadre of well known and unknown breeders to kick off the Great bean giveaway of 2006.
Overgrow and Cannabisworld were where we gave away 10's of thousands of top shelf seeds under a host of user names such as Johnny Ganjaseed.
Done anonymously and with only one request, Pass the love on.
There is no love, like free love.

madmaster420

madmaster420

Great thread, much love and respect.
For those looking for free seeds.
There are a great many persons giving seeds away all around you, Most times all you need to do is ask.
There are scores of people who are knocking off high priced genetics just to spite the High priced geneticists selling said high priced genetics.
In 2006 I teamed up with a good friend and a cadre of well known and unknown breeders to kick off the Great bean giveaway of 2006.
Overgrow and Cannabisworld were where we gave away 10's of thousands of top shelf seeds under a host of user names such as Johnny Ganjaseed.
Done anonymously and with only one request, Pass the love on.
There is no love, like free love.

Thnx for the words of encouragement, Kendo. It is a very interesting idea to say the least

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom