Freeze Dried Flowers

• Thread starter BongToker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
croptopper11

croptopper11

Do you think freeze drying fresh buds would remove more than just water? I gave it a shot and it looks and smells amazing but feels really light and styrofoam like. Has anybody else tried this ??

no clue honestly, only thing i freeze are the trim at choptime to make bubble hash.

REDiJEDi160

REDiJEDi160

I've done many freeze dried cures not in a commercial freeze dryer only the old frost free freezer. And they always come out super great. Are you referring to a commercial freeze dryer?

Freshone

Freshone

How do they smoke?Harvest right does not remove any nutrients in veggies,not sure about weed.Ive wondered about this before,supposed to be able to store like 25 years with no loss of nutrients,not sure how that translates to thc.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Nope just means your buds are Styrofoam.. Most hydro growers rely on moisture for the illusion of sticky dankness.

B

BongToker

Nope just means your buds are Styrofoam.. Most hydro growers rely on moisture for the illusion of sticky dankness.

I grow in organic soil and hang dried the rest of my crop as I would normally and everything came out much denser and more normal lol thanks for the input though boss

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Why would you even consider doing this if you weren't doing like fresh frozen

L

lukem5

Aye u can market to alex jones channel and all the preppers, include a 90 day supply in every survival pack.

srsly though i'd just dry them accordingly and deep freeze them for long term storage if I was going for that.

it seems freeze drying would make a highly combustible bud but tear apart its original structure - you'll never be able to pick apart that bud the same way.

Last edited:
tims trim

tims trim

So you say no to the harvest right? Thanks, I’ve seen them advertised, always looking for the perfect dry cure.
It does not do a good job without a lot of work and still only comes close .....the cryo cure is made for weed .......... we put a lot of time and testing into it and can prove what we say...... i can e mail info if you send me address

R

RLB

Do you think freeze drying fresh buds would remove more than just water? I gave it a shot and it looks and smells amazing but feels really light and styrofoam like. Has anybody else tried this ??
I just started experiment #2 with my harvest right freeze dryer using the custom setting of 60 degrees temp on the drying menu.
IMG 20191228 113501
IMG 20191220 101710

Yea I just scooped a harvest right freeze dryer. I can’t help but feel like it removing more than just water. Denser buds feel light and loose when they come out of the dryer

OutdoorGod

OutdoorGod

Well from my experience freezing marijuana ruins the more delicate terpenes. I don't know about freeze drying but i had some beautifully aromatic bud that i froze and it was never the same. The scent was gone... No smell after freezing. Buzz was not the same either. I learner a lesson after that, never freeze marijuana.

Top Bottom