Freeze Drying My First Harvest

• Thread starter Jules.pluessy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jules.pluessy

Jules.pluessy

I just had my first harvest and I’m playing around with different drying and curing methods. I put my nuggs in the freezer right after trimming and cultivating. Is this bad? If it’s not, how long will it take before I can smoke it?

Freeze drying my first harvest
Madbud

Madbud

I have a box of buds in the freezer too, humidity around 90%, 5°F. After 2 or 3 weeks take them out for an hour each day for 5 days then jar and cure them. Freezing is a super slow drying process to increase terps. To truly sublimate weed requires carbon dioxide in a sealed container but simply freezing works well.

Jules.pluessy

Jules.pluessy

I have a box of buds in the freezer too, humidity around 90%, 5°F. After 2 or 3 weeks take them out for an hour each day for 5 days then jar and cure them. Freezing is a super slow drying process to increase terps. To truly sublimate weed requires carbon dioxide in a sealed container but simply freezing works well.
What’s your go-to curing process after freeze drying??

Madbud

Madbud

What’s your go-to curing process after freeze drying??
After two weeks i took the box out to thaw twice, now they’re in a mason jar that i open once/day, dark, about 65°F. Compared to the same buds that have been just dried and jarred, the freezer buds are more aromatic and feel denser. Both are holding at 60-62% on hygrometers but i think the freezer buds are better. Plant was chopped 11/11, dried 5 days, still real sticky but if i leave a bud out overnight it’s good to go.

Latest posts

Top Bottom