• Thread starter freezeland2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dean1963

i need a dry
waller, you in the area?
@freezeland2 nice looking plants!..
i'm on vancouver island BC and i don't travel anymore.
no lie, i once had a guy from california fly me down to do his house
he was wanting bragging rights being able to say he flew in this trade and that trade from where ever blah blah blah.
no da vinchi here but i am rather proud of that.
as the saying goes, it's not what you know it's who you know

freezeland2

freezeland2

End of week 11

7th week of flowering started today. Plants got their last shot of amendments today so it is just plain tap water here on out. I’ll be beginning to back the lights off and drop my temps. I still got one plant in the tent that hasn’t shown any inclination of wanting to finish. Not a brown pistil to be found on any of its buds. That one will be a very late finisher me thinks.

59DD847C C500 4CF1 9697 2BA308495AAA
freezeland2

freezeland2

End of week 12

And at start of week 8 of flowering. The two plants in the hard wall room are driving hard to the finish line. Won’t be much longer for them before chop. Plants in the tent are a couple weeks behind but all were planted and flipped to flower at the same time. All are Strawberry Kush. I attribute much of the faster finishing plants to their sitting under a UVA light 12 hours a day. All other factors are equal amongst the plants.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
End of week 12

And at start of week 8 of flowering. The two plants in the hard wall room are driving hard to the finish line. Won’t be much longer for them before chop. Plants in the tent are a couple weeks behind but all were planted and flipped to flower at the same time. All are Strawberry Kush. I attribute much of the faster finishing plants to their sitting under a UVA light 12 hours a day. All other factors are equal amongst the plants.
you use a uva light for 12 hours? isn’t that over doing it?
thought it was more like 2 hours a day with slight increases over time?

freezeland2

freezeland2

you use a uva light for 12 hours? isn’t that over doing it?
thought it was more like 2 hours a day with slight increases over time?
I started like that. HLG recommends starting in week 2. I start at week one and just run it, does it look like I over did it, lol. From hlg website……

Waterproof 30 watt UVA LED BAR designed for 12 hr. cycle in a 4' x 4' or 5' x 5' space. Passive cooled, 24 inches in length with built in power supply. Bolt on installation for any HLG 550, HLG 600 Rspec®, HLG 650R, Scorpion®Rspec®, and Scorpion® Diablo. For any other lamp this fixture can be independently mounted adjacent to the lamp.

Contains UVA LED 365nm + 385nm

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I started like that. HLG recommends starting in week 2. I start at week one and just run it, does it look like I over did it, lol. From hlg website……

Waterproof 30 watt UVA LED BAR designed for 12 hr. cycle in a 4' x 4' or 5' x 5' space. Passive cooled, 24 inches in length with built in power supply. Bolt on installation for any HLG 550, HLG 600 Rspec®, HLG 650R, Scorpion®Rspec®, and Scorpion® Diablo. For any other lamp this fixture can be independently mounted adjacent to the lamp.

Contains UVA LED 365nm + 385nm
oh ok, i’ve looked at uva light, don’t know too much other than a gradual adaptation and don’t be in the room when it’s on..

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

oh ok, i’ve looked at uva light, don’t know too much other than a gradual adaptation and don’t be in the room when it’s on..
That's why it's nice to have either a fixture where you can turn off UV or the separate bar or separate fluoro tubes. Otherwise it's heavy shades and Neutrogena Beach Defense.

freezeland2

freezeland2

That's why it's nice to have either a fixture where you can turn off UV or the separate bar or separate fluoro tubes. Otherwise it's heavy shades and Neutrogena Beach Defense.
I don’t wear shades, but I also never look at the lights. I’m not in that room long enough to worry about catching a tan. I keep it closed. I could put co2 back up in there if I wanted very easily. That room used to be a hydro setup years ago with 1000w HID for light. I just don’t want to carry those 100lb bottles down to the basement anymore. I just grow for me now so I keep it as simple as possible.

freezeland2

freezeland2

End of week 13

Today is the start of week 9 of flowering The grow is coming to an end and this will most likely be my last update for this journal. A couple plants are harvestable now but I’m holding off to see if the buds on those plants swell anymore. The plants in the tent are a week or two behind in ripening although all were flipped at the same time. My next run will be Chemdog in the upcoming new year. Happy growing.

BF0AF599 2045 4508 BE78 D0E5912DC4A8
Last edited:
GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
But the question is....how did it smoke???

Latest posts

Top Bottom