Freon, boron, ???!!!???

• Thread starter MedicalINFO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MedicalINFO

hi, I did three days of darkness, before I flipped to flower. During that time I had my ac guy come out to trouble shoot a few things and he added some freon to to my condenser unit outside. I flipped to flower, full light and CO2. The next morning I checked on my plants and the fan leaves were super stoked, but then I looked close and every new growth tip looks like it was suffering from necrosis (wilted yelow and brown death). Cazy I've never seen anything like it. So I thought that it was burn from the bud blood becasue I have never used it before, then I looked at my random organic soil pots in the room and they were suffering from the same problem!! Digging on the interenet I found one picture that looks like whats going on and it was of a boron defiency.

I'm thinking since it affected the soil pots too it isn't anything to do with nutrients. Could some freon from the Ac charge have done this? I'm soo stumped. It's crazy my first run was absolutly flawless #2 has been nothing but a nightmare

I cut the light and the gas back until I can figure this out. I'm bad with getting pics on here but here is a link for the most similar pic I could find

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...4sQO1u_CbCw&page=1&ndsp=13&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0

It's a little bit more severe than in this pic.
Roots are bright white,
clean room,

They were super healthy and then 12 hours later this happened

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

hi, I did three days of darkness, before I flipped to flower. During that time I had my ac guy come out to trouble shoot a few things and he added some freon to to my condenser unit outside. I flipped to flower, full light and CO2. The next morning I checked on my plants and the fan leaves were super stoked, but then I looked close and every new growth tip looks like it was suffering from necrosis (wilted yelow and brown death). Cazy I've never seen anything like it. So I thought that it was burn from the bud blood becasue I have never used it before, then I looked at my random organic soil pots in the room and they were suffering from the same problem!! Digging on the interenet I found one picture that looks like whats going on and it was of a boron defiency.

I'm thinking since it affected the soil pots too it isn't anything to do with nutrients. Could some freon from the Ac charge have done this? I'm soo stumped. It's crazy my first run was absolutly flawless #2 has been nothing but a nightmare

I cut the light and the gas back until I can figure this out. I'm bad with getting pics on here but here is a link for the most similar pic I could find

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...4sQO1u_CbCw&page=1&ndsp=13&ved=1t:429,r:5,s:0

It's a little bit more severe than in this pic.
Roots are bright white,
clean room,

They were super healthy and then 12 hours later this happened

Did he fix the leak? If not it will get worse and it could be venting in ur room causing the problem. If he fixed then I think you can rule out freon causing the problem.

M

MedicalINFO

He wasn't there to fix a leak, He came because I had something blocking my air flow. It ended up being the insulation inside my plenum ( jig with my 4, 10" ducts coming out of it) had ripped of the metal and collapsed, blocking most of my airflow. He just topped it off with freon because he was he was there. Have you ever heard of this happening before?

600gph

600gph

My new growth always looks weird when I come out of my 3 days of darkness....Kinda like the picture...I just spray them with greeen stay and problem is fixed in a day or two...

Brown death sounds different....I experience the brown death with my cloning sometimes if i leave to much humidity in my dome..

Hope that helps a little...

mc

mikeross

mikeross

sorry to hear about your issues... I hope you get them solved quickly.

I have heard 1 or 2 days of darkness before a flip but never a 3 days. What is your reason for the complete darkness and why do some growers do 1 day while others may do as much as 3 days darkness. Whats the difference from 1 day to 3?

good luck with your issues though

M

MedicalINFO

I never do the darkness before I flower, but coincidentally my AC stopped working right as I was about to flower and it took my guy 3 days to get to it. I figured I would be ok.

You think that could be causing it, there isn't brown death yet , but it looks like it's on its way. I would be relieved if it was light period related,

M

MedicalINFO

My new growth always looks weird when I come out of my 3 days of darkness....Kinda like the picture...I just spray them with greeen stay and problem is fixed in a day or two...

Brown death sounds different....I experience the brown death with my cloning sometimes if i leave to much humidity in my dome..

Hope that helps a little...

mc

that would make sense that it was the light because I put two masters in there the day I flowered and they are the only two in the room not showing these symptoms. I never would have thought it was from the darkness.

So now I have these plants that from a distance look like great huge MPB plants, but close up look pretty beat up from this. But I also don't want to starve them either. Would you keep them at full nutes/light when you saw this happen and just spray them?

I sprayed with magic green and flushed the system the next morning

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

He wasn't there to fix a leak, He came because I had something blocking my air flow. It ended up being the insulation inside my plenum ( jig with my 4, 10" ducts coming out of it) had ripped of the metal and collapsed, blocking most of my airflow. He just topped it off with freon because he was he was there. Have you ever heard of this happening before?

Only reason to have to top off freon is because you have a leak. I am a HVAC guy and lazy a/c guys will just "top off" and not fix leak. I am not dissing ur guy but I am just trying to help with the a/c part. I don't have enough experience growing yet to help with plants.

M

MedicalINFO

I have ruled out the ac problems because I put two master kushes in to the room the day I flowered, they did not receive the 3 days of darkness. And they are in perfect shape.

thanks you though good to know your an hvac guy

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I have ruled out the ac problems because I put two master kushes in to the room the day I flowered, they did not receive the 3 days of darkness. And they are in perfect shape.

thanks you though good to know your an hvac guy

Cool. Glad to hear it is something else.

T

t7rln

I run a vented room (not sealed, and no CO2). I have seen a few of my leaves with similar symptoms. My best guess in my own grow, is that it is light related. The leaves that do this are always in a shadow, or on a side where there is no light for a period of time.

Hope this info. helps.

t7rln

M

MedicalINFO

Ok, The problem was definitely the 3 days of darkness. People on here learning from my mistakes: Don't let Plants go with three days of darkness even if your AC is broke, throw some fluorescents in there to keep the light cycle. The plants are coming back and everything will be ok, But in my 5 years growing exp. I have never messed my plants up this bad

thanks for all your help

MI

600gph

600gph

Ok, The problem was definitely the 3 days of darkness. People on here learning from my mistakes: Don't let Plants go with three days of darkness even if your AC is broke, throw some fluorescents in there to keep the light cycle. The plants are coming back and everything will be ok, But in my 5 years growing exp. I have never messed my plants up this bad

thanks for all your help

MI

I bet the 3 days kicks them hard into flower...Let us know if you notice a quicker flower??? ..

I have been doing the 3 days darkness for a while now...

mc

Top Bottom