Fresh cuts in water yo!

• Thread starter Grapefruitroop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Ssssup!
When i clone, i always leave the freshly cutted ones ina glas of tap water for roughly 24 h.....then put em in their medium (Rw, peatpellets or aerocloner)
I found that when i leave em for longer than one day even changing water, the success rate goes dooooown brutally !!!😀sometimes i even lost em all...while getting still 100%success on the same batch but not oversoaked.....
So.....do you guys have some tips for storing cuts for few days in water?
I read about the cold storage but.....i would really need a fridge and atm is not on the list...
Thanks for your insights!!!

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

😆Nice!!! I did that too with some that i forgot around...but then they got sick looking and didnt took in the soil.... right now im using rockwool...
how many roughly do you shove ina cup?

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

I usually only put the cuttings in water till I get everything set up then I just put em in some lightly amended coco and rooting hormone and toss those bitches in a dome and heat pad and I usually have about an 80% success rate. :)

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

I usually only put the cuttings in water till I get everything set up
I tried to cut and put straight in the aereocloner and was perfect but i guess i adopted to leave em at least 24 h to help my schedule...so prolly the soaking isn really necessary...but...many ways to skin a cat!!
I always leave them in a glass of water til I see root bumps and little roots starting then plant in cup of soil.
I feeel like if i want to try your method i should space em better instead of crowding em too much
Im really start wondering then why when i leave em for too long in the water after i transfered they rot while the unsoaked are 100%fine... in other words....the way i clone its fine, i think, i get very close to 100% with aereocloner or rockwool but not if the cuts are left for more than one day in the water.....mmmm...🤔

Well more experiments to come! i have 60 beautiful cuts in water....15x glass...ill change the water and space em out better, i really wanted to use the rockwool instead of aerocloner and then coco....and the cubes are supposed to arrive up here in few dayz....

firstgrowdontknow

firstgrowdontknow

I tried to cut and put straight in the aereocloner and was perfect but i guess i adopted to leave em at least 24 h to help my schedule...so prolly the soaking isn really necessary...but...many ways to skin a cat!!

I feeel like if i want to try your method i should space em better instead of crowding em too much
Im really start wondering then why when i leave em for too long in the water after i transfered they rot while the unsoaked are 100%fine... in other words....the way i clone its fine, i think, i get very close to 100% with aereocloner or rockwool but not if the cuts are left for more than one day in the water.....mmmm...🤔

Well more experiments to come! i have 60 beautiful cuts in water....15x glass...ill change the water and space em out better, i really wanted to use the rockwool instead of aerocloner and then coco....and the cubes are supposed to arrive up here in few dayz....
I had two clones live and root in a shot glass for ~60-70 days. No dome, ~24%RH. I didnt change the water for say... 2 weeks just refilled. Once roots popped and leaves started to yellow I threw a little feed ~700EC every once in a while. When I got bored of doing that I threw them in small pots in peat/verm.
IMG 20210221 182931
IMG 20210329 1411481

Latest posts

Top Bottom