Fresh frozen. Tips tricks?? I’m ready

• Thread starter CF89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CF89

CF89

Just cropped out. I got a bunch of larf and nice sugar leaves

I just toss it in the freezer fresh right? It doesn’t need to be a frostless freezer?

They’re in a 1 gallon jug (each plant) and are just buds.

I’ll make some into bubble hash but I’m not a huge fan and would almost rather make BHO.

I’ve never used fresh frozen before. Any advice?

Fresh frozen tips tricks im ready
Fresh frozen tips tricks im ready 2
Fresh frozen tips tricks im ready 3
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Freeze everything including the alcohol, blast tubes or screens and dishes overnight with your freezer on the coldest setting. Work fast if using alcohol wash and only let the ethanol touch the flower/trim for 20 seconds max, I like 15 seconds.
Winterize your alcohol afterwards for 24 hours and pour the top part off and evap separately for top shelf extract.

CF89

CF89

I’m a butane guy. I always freeze. Just wondering if anything is different.

tbh I was gonna make bubble hash. But with the amount of trim I got I don’t want that much bubble hash

I can make prime shatter from that trim

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

What method will you use to make shatter??

Looks yummy!!

CF89

CF89

same method ive been doing for about 15 years now. since I was 15 lol. makes perfect clear glass shatter every time.

colibri butane blasted into a SS dish then evaporated to atmosphere and vacuum chamber for 36 hours.

2" glass tube extractor. 16" long. normally holds 4 oz of chopped AAA bud. normally do 2-3 cans of butane through it.

everything frozen in deep freeze. bud, butane, material. wear thick leather gloves.

blast into SS dish (most use glass. im stuck on ss and have been for almost 2 decades)

when done blasting, evap butane in double boiler of water, never go above 100F. aka warm water. not hot.

evap all the butane. DO THIS AND THE BLASTING OUTDOORS. NO IFS, ANDS, OR BUTS.

scrape the sticky oil out of dish with a flat blade and a pair of forceps.

scrape from blade onto parchment paper.

into vacuum chamber. once again, not above 100f. for 24-36 hours.

I flip it a few times throughout the process.

basically done after that.

even with the vacuum chamber I was getting solid glass almost every time (depending if starting material was decent). so with this vacuum chamber it just makes everything even easier (lower temps).

ill post some pics. I got all my supplies back from a buddy tonight since I got out of the BHO game for about 2 years. back in it now!

much rather do BHO than bubble hash. I suck at bubble hash and also dont like it.... never tried with fresh frozen though. I imagine thats a game changer.

CF89

CF89

Been doing a lot of reading. Man there’s a lot of misinformation about fresh frozen. Everyone says something different

I’m now worried about moisture. Should I of dried and cured the buds prior to freezing? Seems the way I did it is optimal for bubble hash (damnit) and not BHO.

sure hope I didn’t ruin this trim by freezing it right off the plant and no cure/dry time for the trim.

ruined my last batch of trim letting it sit out in the container for a day or two. Molded instantly.

CF89

CF89

Half the threads that come up in google are 2016-18. Such old info. People asking “what’s BHO” in half the threads. Why is there no updated, new knowledge on this with the recent legalization

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
I would make a load of kief hash using dry ice with all that and then probably an alcohol extraction for oil from the leftovers

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

Been doing a lot of reading. Man there’s a lot of misinformation about fresh frozen. Everyone says something different

I’m now worried about moisture. Should I of dried and cured the buds prior to freezing? Seems the way I did it is optimal for bubble hash (damnit) and not BHO.

sure hope I didn’t ruin this trim by freezing it right off the plant and no cure/dry time for the trim.

ruined my last batch of trim letting it sit out in the container for a day or two. Molded instantly.
Look into thw process of live rosin. I know thats not what youre doing but i love it and i think the process might shed some light on a few things for you1

Top Bottom