Fresno County Gives Medical Marijuana Dispensaries 6 Months To Close

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

T1420

Yeah TK we just got our dispensaries shut down this week in michigan...peeps gotta stick together, sign petitions..get counter laws up there, we can vote new laws in as well as them voting em out.... Gotta fight them at their own game.. and until they make their $$$ off of MMJ they will never completly comply with our hopes/plans, Kinda like why mardi gras is off the hook... it pays their wages on a large scale, and unless you create a problem all is well. Sin is alright aslong as the NAZI police get paid. Remember Capone?? He was unstoppable until the IRS was concerned about the taxes being evaded.... every dollar earns its state tax value EVERYTIME it changes hands, making it potentially worth thousands.

S

Shazaam

I live in Fresno County and they're picking on the collectives because they aren't paying the right people, namley the county. The city has created a special ordinance allowing collectives to exist only if they are located in an industrial zone, have a valid Mj business license, have a sales tax permit and grow no more than 99 plants. Basically, they want the revenue that comes from filled commercial buildings, business license fees and sales tax.

I am a board member and brain trust of a newly organized collective and we're doing everything by the book because and the scrutiny this county places patients under is ridiculous and painfully repetitive.

Aligee

Aligee

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley medical marijuana collective earned another victory in court.

Related Content
STORY: Pot grower files restraining order against Tulare Co
A judge granted Richard Daleman a temporary restraining order against Tulare County. It prevents county officials from seizing medical marijuana plants on his property.

Daleman is allowed under state law to have the plants on his five-acre property -- but the county ordinance does not allow it. He rents out his land to roughly forty medical marijuana card holders. More than four-thousand plants grow on the property.

The judge ruled the county's eradication of the plants would negatively affect Daleman's business.

Another hearing is scheduled for next month.

(Copyright ©2011 KFSN-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Whoa...! Fascinating. I would love to read the judge's decision.

Aligee

Aligee

Local Major marijuana bust in Fresno County

More: Bio, E-mail, Facebook, Twitter, Articles by Corin Hoggard, News Team
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A big pot bust Thursday uncovered some very big pot plants that neighbors have complained about for months.

Related Photos

Large marijuana bust in Fresno County
View all 3 photos
Related Content

PHOTOS: Large marijuana bust in Fresno County

STORY: Giant pot grow raided on the Valley floor
STORY: Nearly 50 people detained in 54 acre marjuana bust
The Fresno County sheriff's office raided the huge garden early in the morning.

The grow is located at Central and Valentine, just southwest of Fresno city limits, and it's not the first time it's been a trouble spot.

The field behind us starts with some squash vines, but just on the other side of that legitimate crop was the huge pot field.

Investigators said it had more than 3000 plants, including one you could clearly see from the road.

This pot plant is taller than a basketball hoop, earning it the nickname "The General Sherman" from Fresno County narcotics investigators, after the famously tall tree in the Sequoia National Forest.

Among thousands of pot plants, "The General Sherman" stood out most to Sheriff Margaret Mims.

"I've been in there and I've seen plants that are 12 feet tall," she said. "12 feet tall marijuana plants. I've never seen the size of marijuana plants that are in this particular grow."

The plants have had months to grow.

Action News was at the same field in July, talking to neighbors who complained of the smell and a guard tower hovering over the crops.

"You've got gang members out there taking care of it," Steven Petersen told us in July. "They've got guns. They've got spotlights on it at night time."

Sheriff's deputies say they seized two guns as they raided the field.

Drug Enforcement Administration agents got a federal search warrant to seize the marijuana because even though the growers have medical marijuana cards, growing marijuana is against federal law.

DEA agents say Central Valley pot grows like this one are starting to stand out across the country.

"Put in perspective, this is probably average for Fresno County," said Special Agent John Donnelly. "I talked to agents in other parts of the county. This would be huge for them."

Officers detained more than 30 people who were on the farm but as of Thursday evening none of them had been booked into jail.

Top Bottom