Friday night lights

• Thread starter Kendo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kendo

Kendo

It's the start of High school football season tonight, I am excited and really pumped about the local teams chances. My youngest son has improved exponentially in strength and endurance having worked out with his team everyday since the end of last season. He has gained a bit of speed over last year as well.
Lost some weight working out so hard this year but gained a lot of muscle. At 6' 215lbs he is a menacing Middle linebacker and has worked his way to defensive captain, a pretty high honor for a Sophmore. He will only be playing varsity this year, no JV, starting Varsity 4 ways.....on every squad, for every down, every game. I am so proud of his drive and abilities, he is really focused and determined to succeed.
Last year he started varsity as a freshman and really kicked ass. There was a lot of grumbling about a freshman starting over seniors. At the end of the day, at the end of the game and at the end of the year he proved why he was chosen for such an honor. Ranked 150th in the state for OG/DT on one board as a freshman varsity player. Unofficial numbers have him at 19 1/2 sacks from the interior line with 2 season ending hits on QB's and a running back and WR daisy as well.
The new defensive coach is someone I have known for years and coached my oldest beast. He gave me fatt kudos on how well I ingrained disciplined, textbook technique into my boy. He told me Michael can play at every position on defense and will get a chance as he going to move Him around to exploit the weaknesses of opponents offenses.
I can't wait to see him line up at DE or OL on a blitz...YIKES!!!!!!

Kendo

Kendo

TY Bro, I love HS football too Good luck to the local fishwhistle team.
Final score in the game 50-2
The opponents got under 100 yards of total offense, almost made it to the 50 though, on 2 penalties LMFAO
From ML position Michael did not allow a single run up the middle to gain more than 2 yards and was in on 3/4's of the plays. From the left guard position he held down the spot and never allowed a sack and kept his man out of the action the whole game, so much so he took a swing at Michael and got ejected at the beginning of the 4th quarter LOL
SO I gotta say this," Girls playing football" I am all for it, however.......they gotta be ready for the ugly.
2nd half kickoff to the opponents, For the second time on a kickoff in the game Michael blows down field and just PLOWS through a player, it was fuckin brutal. Both times he left a puddle of pads on the field. I stand up and cheer yelling ," MADDOG" and start barking. I hear from behind me, " OOOH that was a girl, how mean of him to hit her like that. To my left was one of the fellas I coached with for 5 years, he said to the person," Hey, if they wanna play football with kids like Michael then they are going to get either crazy aggressive or get laid out, it's a game of 100%, 100% of the time" Out of the group of opposing fans I hear, " That was my daughter and I don't appreciate the way he hit her so damn rough, is that really necessary?, they know she is a girl out there"
I love the way Dan put this," He said' The game of football does not change brutality because your daughter chose to participate, it is not fair to anyone to expect the boys to change their game to accommodate your daughters choices" Everybody is intently listening by this time. "Football is a game of IMPACT!! we just saw the brutality unfold and it was ugly, ugly is not for everybody"
After a few minutes they helped her off the field.
After he game The father of the girl comes up to me, shakes my hand and says," Your boy is one hell of a player, one hell of a hit on my girl" he then went on to wish us luck in the season and said my boy had great potential for the future. I thanked him and told him his daughter was one brave badass, that if I had a daughter I would want her to be just like his....

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

We lost 27-12 but to one of the tougher teams,we had alot of great players graduate so its time to rebuild a bit i guess,wasnt there so dont really know.Kendo,i agree if the girls gonna play she better be able to take the hits,kind of goes against what i beleive about hitting women but hey i guess if your going to demand to play you better be ready to pay,odd scenario.

Kendo

Kendo

It really is a weird situation. This is not the first time this has happened. One of the teams Michael played in 7th grade had a girl as running back. The hit Michael laid on her when she came through a hole in the middle was incredibly viscous. Mom was really f'n upset that Michael slobberknocked her," Precious baby" A couple of minutes before she was cheering loudly when her ,"Precious baby" ran over an underweight benchwarmer. I was impressed when the girl came back into he game a series later......

YESCA73

YESCA73

I like H S football as well . Wish my son was still playing . I miss going to the games.
Good luck with your season
enjoy it while it last

Kendo

Kendo

Tonight is the homecoming game. OOOROOOT!! last week they defeated their opponent 52-0. Michael pulled at Offensive guard the whole game. It was pretty incredible. Ran the defense at mlb as well. So far this year he has played MLB, OG, OT. This week they are playing him at Dtackle to exploit the weakness of this teams interior line. Strong as hell and Explosive off the line he manhandled seniorsat dtackle as a freshman last year and planted 3 daisies. During practice at Dtackle this week he manhandled the 1st team O-line,"seniors" like a boss, so much so coach told him to ease up.
He is soooo fired up ALL I can say is I pity the QB, RB that meets this boy in the gap tonight.

Kendo

Kendo

The boys won 40-24. Halftime score was 40-6 but with 3 fumbles and 90 yards of ridiculous calls by the refs the opponents scored 3 times. 2 sacks and 12 recorded tackles 14 assists. They kept trying to run up he middle. NOT!!

Kendo

Kendo

So Friday night's game was a very tough matchup for the boys. They played a high school that was very competitive. Winning with a final score of 55-34 their secondary was exposed as lackluster. If not for the play of the D line and linebackers hurrying and harrying the quarterback final score would've been different.

The opposition had a kid at outside linebacker who was everywhere, accounting for easily half the tackles in the first half. Michael is a headhunter and loves hitting people. The second offensive play after halftime Michael pulled and with a full head of steam laid this kid out as he came around the corner. The boy did not get up for several minutes and never returned to game.

Michael played right guard on offense opposite a 6’7” 270 monster, allowing zero sacks and limiting this kid to a handful of opportunities to shine. With the offense running nearly every play to his side or behind him pulling out in front of the RB,QB to the left he was out in front of the running plays 99 % of the time. He had the monster mad as all hell because he could not get his hands on the ball carrier. On defense Michael played middle linebacker and nose tackle, accounting for six tackles and a dozen or more assists. He played no kickoffs as they had two players who came back from injury to play the open positions. I am glad to see that, as Michael has really been burning the wick at both ends by playing all downs in the game.

He has decided that he is going to become a muscular monster, asking me to purchase the food and supplements in order for him to proceed to his goals. You want to talk about a proud father, I got weepy eyed as I watched each of the three coach’s walk over to Michael, grabb him by the back of his helmet and pull his head to theirs, forehead to forehead to tell him what a great job you've done in this game. Ranked number two in Oregon 3a at 4-0 they are primed to make it to the playoffs for the first time in a dozen years. Their quarterback is ranked #1 in passing yardage, completions, touchdowns. Wide receivers ranked one and three, running back ranked #4 . This team has scored a combined 199 points in four games, allowing a mere 60 points to their opponents. I am incredibly impressed with the spread offense these bcaoches are running. The opposition is left scrambling as these boys finish a play and return to the line within 5 seconds ready to start the next play. No huddle, hurry up offense that leaves defenses unable to make changes to their lineup or changes in play calling. On offense literally every play went with Michael. When he pulled they ran to that side, when he stayed home they ran to that side or passed the ball. In the end, not one sack from Michael's side. He and I sat down yesterday and had a long talk about what happens when an offense is so prolific. He wondered how scouts looked at such a high scoring offense, wondering how a lineman could be noticed. I advised him that coaches and scouts were savvy as to how quarterbacks, running backs and wide receivers are able to accumulate massive yardage, they know it's all about the O lines abilities to block.

For me…I was left speechless as one of the people who I was sure would never say a word to me, even in passing came up to me and thanked me for all the hard work and years of coaching I personally put into the boys on this team. He told me that this coach was lucky to have inherited such a well coached and confident team, adding that I should be very proud of myself and my son, wow!!!

Top Bottom