• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ironhead1970

Ironhead1970

From a small corner of hell
From a small corner of hell 2
From a small corner of hell 3
From a small corner of hell 4
When I checked out my baby girl today she has grown to close to my light her she's within 5" it's a 315 watt CMH. I tied some of them back I'm just shocked by how big she's is. This is the one plant that I've had problems with she was small and scraggly. She has more than doubled in size and we at 20 days under 12/12 still got more than a month to go. My light is as high as it can go I don't know what to do at this point? Please help don't want to get light burn I guess that's like a real bad sunburn.

Reactions: Ina
Dan789

Dan789

Your answering your own question, can’t just let it grow along as it’s doing. If it was mine, I’d get that top louped into a big circle, which can be in an horizontal plane, or at least as far as you can bend it. If you’re careful using low stress techniques, of gently squeezing the stem/stalk and bend it, (this is for many spots along it, so the collective bend is spread out) you can get it done. Then either tie it to something, possibly a bent coat hangar or such...good luck.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Sativa's, especially full Sativas, are difficult to grow in an enclosure due to their lanky and tall frame. It can be done, but daily training/tying/bending and concentrating on getting them to grow horizontally as much as possible. This will cause the smaller bud sites to grow into vertical colas...buds in a row! even when topped a few times, mine easily reach 6 ft indoors.

Ironhead1970

Ironhead1970

20190325 110252
20190325 110241
one of problems of using old seeds and having no clue what strain you're growing. I don't see any trichomes yet? Very little smell, I see a lot of straight and fine white hairs but nothing that looks like a mushroom. Then again it's only going to be the third week of 12/12 today is day 22 I could rushing it a little bit? NO not me!

Reactions: Ina
Erick31876

Erick31876

It looks sativa, which usually take a lot longer to flower. You might have 7-10 more weeks to go. Get some bamboo stakes and bed it down as far as you can and try to go in a circle around the stakes.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
View attachment 863064 View attachment 863065 one of problems of using old seeds and having no clue what strain you're growing. I don't see any trichomes yet? Very little smell, I see a lot of straight and fine white hairs but nothing that looks like a mushroom. Then again it's only going to be the third week of 12/12 today is day 22 I could rushing it a little bit? NO not me!
Sativa's will take forever to finish. When they do, you will not be getting the round, hard nuggets that everyone is growing...it will be much less dense and without a really strong smell. From my experience with them, which is considerable on a small scale, they really put on most of their weight and fatten up during the last few weeks...these aren't something you can rush. You will get some nice colas and the plants respond well to light pruning, so make sure that you allow the light to penetrate into the budding sites. I usually wait until most of the larger fan leaves turn yellow and the buds start to show other shades of color, especially if cooler at night. It really helps to let these go as long as possible.

Ironhead1970

Ironhead1970

The problem here in Hell is when you guys celebrate the first day of spring. We get the first day of summer and it doesn't get much colder at night!
I know you mean the heat from the lights I'm just stoned right now & it's 80 degrees Fahrenheit and 73% humidity outside right now. Hell it's only 1400 hours.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The problem here in Hell is when you guys celebrate the first day of spring. We get the first day of summer and it doesn't get much colder at night!
I know you mean the heat from the lights I'm just stoned right now & it's 80 degrees Fahrenheit and 73% humidity outside right now. Hell it's only 1400 hours.
Some strains are native to hot and humid areas, usually Sativas. Someone on the site here mentioned that Sativa's grow less dense buds and plants to avoid mold/mildew by allowing more airflow. It sounds feasible and I know they don't dislike warmer temps (compared to most Indicas). Keep it up!!

Top Bottom