from a total newb... some creepy-crawly infestation [greenhouse millipedes?]...

• Thread starter thepot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

thepot

here's some key info:

started out with 3 cbd autos [cbd kush, cbd white widow and cbd critical mass] outside around august 20th in 10gal bags... one died within a week of germination, 2 survived fine and now are in well into their 5th week since germination... as seen on photos, both are spindly and way undersized for being about 37 days old but i expected this using nothing but lowe's bought soil [raised bed mix] and nothing but tap water... my intentions were to go as simple as possible, and consequently expect a very modest size/yield... but i figured it's called weed for a reason [it actually is a weed] and if my grow bag grown tomatoes and beans can thrive under identical conditions so can friggin' weed...
apparently i was wrong, these plants are far more finicky and demanding than the veggies i grow right along them...

idk, perhaps the current hybridized strains available have gotten so far away from the actual original weed strains that could thrive in most hot/humid conditions that now they've become much more difficult to grow than any common vegetables...
moving on, i obviously started way too late for north east area to finish the cycle outside so i knew both grow bags will need to go into the tent for most of their growth cycle...i next purchased ac infinity's 2x4 full grow tent kit and right before the first night which recently went down below 55 f degrees i had them moved into that tent, this was about 3 days ago...

now, i don't want to share too much info about myself given my location [north east, above wv, below me] but need to provide some in order to get a better advice... so, i'm severely disabled in a wheelchair living in an apartment where there's no possibility of growing anything... therefore all the veggies [and now my first attempt at this green stuff] i grow, i do so at my mom's house garden/yard, she lives a couple of small towns away from me, less than 20 minutes... i also ask her to water my veggies in bags whenever she waters her garden on daily/semi-daily basis...
ditto regarding these 2 weeds i've decided to try to grow recently....

anyway, both plants seemed to wake up anew after the first 2 days/nights in a controlled environment under the lights and to me looked suddenly invigorated based on daily pics my mom regularly snaps of them for me [i'm not very mobile and can't get to her place too often]...
then today, a total disaster...

when my mom looked into the tent late morning today, both bags were covered inside and out with writhing, crawling larvae which to my laic eye looked like centipede larvae on the few pics she snapped for me...also, there were 5 or 6 roly-poly looking bastards on the leaves of the smaller plant apparently in the throes of munching away the leaves of my poor plants with abandon... even the bottom part of the zipper on the tent's front door had a bunch of those writhing, crawling larvae so they evidently can move/spread quite speedily...

according to what she told me a few hours later, she first had the presence of mind to snap several pics for me but then immediately started to spray all these bastards with some type of an insecticide she sometimes uses on her plants in the garden [supposedly it's 'organic' but i don't know what brand].. within several minutes of her spraying the stuff most - if not all - of the larvae were barely moving anymore or already curled up dead... afterwards she lifted both grow bags above the tent's floor and scraped the remaining dead carcasses off of it and then vacuumed the floor of the tent...
as far as she could tell, no new moving insects of both kind were visible anywhere afterwards...
i had to commend her, with her total phobia and disgust for spiders, centipedes and similar creepy-crawlies she did very well...

however, i'm not fooled... unless that insecticidal spray she used was some powerful toxic chemical crap instead of some mild organically formulated one [in which case both plants will also likely die within 2-3 days] there are still likely a bunch of these bastards within the soil of both grow bags... i counted at least 600 on all the photos so there are likely multiple of that number still in the soil/bags, whether dead or alive...
perhaps the sudden change from the rather recently cool nights outside to the ac light's and overall tent's warm and serene environment signaled these nasties eggs to hatch en masse within the soil or whatever triggered this sudden infestation, but at this point i'm not sure what to expect next and what to do...

i'd feel significant pangs of regret to just destroy these 2 plants after well over a month of willing them to grow and survive yet perhaps the best course of action would be to just take both bags out of the tent asap before any eggs could be laid in its crevasses, nooks and crannies, spread that soil outside in her yard/garden, thoroughly wash and/or sterilize the bags and just begin anew with a fresh, different soil [i'm thinking happy frog by fax farms perhaps?] and maybe even new grow bags...
i'm thinking that the raised garden bed mix soil i purchased from lowe's and used in the grow bags was already full of these bastards' eggs and they simply spontaneously hatched when exposed to the grow tent's environment...

my mom dropped by my place a few hours later and she snapped a few pics of both plants for me just before she did so...i can definitely see some damage to the leaves on the shorter plant made by the roly-poly looking bastards... the slightly taller plant looks ok, at least not in any worst state it did on pics from the previous day prior to this outbreak of insects...

after some googling, what i thought were centipede larvae, i think might actually be greenhouse millipede larvae... i've found some pics online of the latter ones which seem to be the closest match to what i see on the pics my mom snapped... i'd post a link or 2 but i'm not sure that would be cool along the forum's policies....
as far as the roly-poly [aka woodlice] looking bastards, i don't know what these are...there's one of these visible on photo number 3 i've posted, at the bottom, towards the right crawling on the inside of the grow bag, a couple of inches above the soil... afaik, wood lice don't munch on plant leaves so they're likely something else...

now, greenhouse millipedes [if that's what these in fact are] are apparently harmless to potted plants in which soil they dwell so perhaps my mom did far more harm to both of my plants by spraying some evil toxic crap all over them than just let them be but i don't blame her...upon seeing such writhing, crawling mass of larvae all over the bags and tent area, i'd likely take immediate action of death dealing myself and i don't even share the level of disgust towards such - admittedly gross - crawlies with my mom, at least not to that extent... however, i'd certainly not reach for the nearest can of some chemical concoction as my first choice and would likely just resort to a more physical, direct action of holocausting the nasties...

any suggestions as far as my next course of action will be appreciated... as well as what they in fact are, especially the ones that were ON my plant's leaves apparently snacking away...

as i looked closely at today's pics, i noticed that the larger plant seems to actually have just began its flowering phase this morning already with a couple of whitish 'petals' at the very top thus i won't probably get anything more than a small single bud off of it in the end, provided it'll even survive the spray assault unleashed upon it by my mom...
so any self respecting grower would most likely just pull both tiny plants and start anew... however, these being my very first 'weeds' ever grown in my 56 y/o life, i have developed quite a sentiment towards them in a span of just a single month so i'd be happy with even a single small bud from my very first attempt, before i begin my next attempt but utilizing much better basic resources this time around [besides using a much better soil i also pre-ordered ac's upcoming wifi controller and plan to add a wifi internet live cam so i can remotely view, monitor and adjust conditions inside the tent]... but if allowing these 2 plants to remain within the tent, and finish their cycle for the next 2 months or so, might potentially serve to inundate my new tent with hidden eggs that will hatch during my next attempt, i'll just nix these 2 plants at once so please share your experience/opinion freely...

man, i just can't keep my typing concise... apologies in advance for my unabridged literary tendencies....
ok, lastly the description of photos taken earlier today [actually now it's yesterday in light of the 3am time of me posting this] by mom... there was actually another photo - showing the worst infested area of all of these - she snapped and showed me but neglected to send me that one, where there was an actual writhing small circle mass of these larvae, about 100 or so... however, here are the ones she sent me :

pic 1 - a bunch of larvae at the outside base/surface of ac infinity's auto-watering pots...
pic 2 - a bunch of larvae at the zipper area, around the front bottom area of my tent...
pic 3 - close up of the larvae from pic 2...
pic 4 - a bunch of larvae on top of the soil's surface plus a roly-poly looking bastard visible at the pic's bottom towards the right...
pic 5 - close up of the roly-poly looking bastard...
pic 6 - a bunch of larvae crawling along the outside surface of one grow bag and on tent's floor...
pic 7 - a close up of a larvae on the bag's surface...
pic 8 - same as above...
pic 9 - the shorter one of both plants with some visible leaf damage by the roly-poly looking bastards, at least 9 leaves are affected...
pic 10 - the slightly taller of the 2 plants, with discernable damage only to the 2 bottom leaves and also a very slight sign of already entering the flowering phase...
pic 11 - same plant as pic 10, different angle...

thanks to anyone for sharing any experienced advice and suggestions
001 infestation 01 - Copy.jpg
002 infestation 02 - Copy.jpg
003 infestation 02 - zoom.jpg
004 infestation 04 - Copy.jpg
005 infestation 04 - roly-poly bastard.jpg
006 infestation 03 - bag and floor.jpg
007 infestation 08 - zoom.jpg
008 infestation 09 - zoom.jpg
009 after infestation 1.jpg
010 after infestation 4.jpg
011 after infestation 3.jpg
cheers...

[edit]- hmmm, before i posted this and now as i'm in 'edit' mode, my photos are visible to me... but after i posted it publicly, only the photos titles are displayed, no actual pics are visible... what am i doing wrong?...

Last edited:
R

ritoMox

Welcome🤝
I see your pics just fine, and I also see that you practice true living soil to the nth degree. jk🤣
Dropping your pics into Google Lens shows that you have millipede's (2 legs per segment Link) and the beetle things look like a woodlouse (Link)✌️

"roly-poly looking bastards" 🤣 🤣🤣

Last edited:
R

ritoMox

... but i figured it's called weed for a reason [it actually is a weed]...
Not sure where calling our beloved Cannabis "WEED" came from(?). We all know that the term "WEED" is a descriptor for undesirable vegetation. Clearly, cannabis is the complete opposite of undesirable! Perhaps "WEED" in relationship to cannabis was coined as a means of stealth?🤔

ninjadip

ninjadip

Not sure where calling our beloved Cannabis "WEED" came from(?). We all know that the term "WEED" is a descriptor for undesirable vegetation. Clearly, cannabis is the complete opposite of undesirable! Perhaps "WEED" in relationship to cannabis was coined as a means of stealth?🤔
I remember an old hippie neighbor when I was in high school came over and asked if I had any bees. I said what?! Ummm no. Then I find out he meant herb! I said why do you call it "bees" , he tells me "cause they catch you a buzz"
🤣 😆

ninjadip

ninjadip

Ok, let's not hijack this lol.
So what is the next step for helping the OP?
Start over? Pesticide? I have no idea .
Anyone else care to help?

Homesteader

Homesteader

I think you are too moist in there and need to let the humidity drop. They are loving it but....you need to make it a little less comfortable for them. A sticky trap cut around the stalk should help. They aren't the worse but that is a lot of one type.

You also may have too much woody debris and not enough Nitrogen to break it down but that is a guess. Looks a little pale and wood takes up the Nitrogen for a while until its all broken down

T

thepot

Welcome🤝
I see your pics just fine, and I also see that you practice true living soil to the nth degree. jk🤣
Dropping your pics into Google Lens shows that you have millipede's (2 legs per segment Link) and the beetle things look like a woodlouse (Link)✌️

"roly-poly looking bastards" 🤣 🤣🤣
thanks... right, i now can see the photos as well, except for the first one, that one still comes up only as a title but it was probably the least useful or descriptive for the purpose of this post so it's ok...
hehe, nice call on the living soil, i actually was originally thinking of buying a bag or 2 of gaia green living soil after watching mr cannucks videos on yt but then i found out it's sold locally only in canada and the shipping costs are horrendous to the u.s. so i totally cheaped out instead and went with a local purchase of lowes' raised bed soil mix.. never again willi use that crappy soil...

right, i also think it looks like a wood louse but i always thought wood lice don't care for living, organic matter and delight munching mainly on dead matter such as paper, wood, etc... they managed to do quite a bit of damage to that poor single plant in a span of just a few hours since both plants were last checked before the light was turned off for the night...

yeah, i tried to make my post a bit less stiff and slightly more entertaining given my propensity for long boring typed descriptions so that's what i called them... :)

Last edited:
T

thepot

I think you are too moist in there and need to let the humidity drop. They are loving it but....you need to make it a little less comfortable for them. A sticky trap cut around the stalk should help. They aren't the worse but that is a lot of one type.

You also may have too much woody debris and not enough Nitrogen to break it down but that is a guess. Looks a little pale and wood takes up the Nitrogen for a while until its all broken down
yes, definitely a correct call on the humidity and the debris within that soil... worst loking ready soil mix i've ever seen in fact... my tomatoes, potatoes and beans, also grown in bags next tomy 2 plants, didn't mind it a bit, however...still harvesting cherry tomatoes every other day and will harvest my potatoes in about a week or 2,just had the tops cut down... both pot plants, however, apparently don't care for this soil mix at all... i knew it wasn't good after breaking open the first bag but i was stuck with it so i used it anyway...i didn't foresee the hidden surprise the soil held in store awaiting to be revealed en masse within the cozy environment of my tent...

i'll have my mom turn up the fan's setting to hopefully reduce the level of humidity a bit... i haven't yet had the ac controller hooked up to the light/exhaust fan/oscillating fan so neither my mom nor i had any way to see what the actual temp/humidity conditions are within the temp... will connect the controller before the week is out and for now it'll at least control the conditions within the tent in a much better manner, as well as allow my mother to tell me the stats each day...once the wifi controller version ships out and arrives i'll be able to monitor it remotely myself...

T

thepot

much obliged for the replies... so whaddya think people, if the plants will survive the onslaught of being collaterally sprayed for the next few days and no more crawling nasties appear, am i safe in letting them to try and finish their life cycle without getting my tent potentially booby trapped with millipede and wood lice's eggs?...or should i immediately just remove both plants from the tent and start anew?...

i don't use/own a smartphone so i use my laptop exclusively for e-mail/internet and i won't be able to access it again until late evening tonight...thusi won't be able to reply until then, however, i'll log back here tonight to check if any further suggestions/advice has been posted... thank you all...

p.s. my first reply here to 'ritomox' is still apparently waiting to be approved by the moderator for whatever reason...if it gets rejected [?] i'll post a new one tonight...

Last edited:
Homesteader

Homesteader

I love wood and debris in soil and it adds crazy amounts of life once it is broken down but the problem is that the microbes are made up of three things mostly Nitrogen/phos/sulfur in a 9-1-.01 ratio. So when someone says woods holds up nitrogen this is what they really mean. Once the microbes no longer have abundance of food they begin to die off and release the NP and S back.

T

thepot

Omg seeing them critters with my babies would freak me out!!

So sorry bud
they are somewhat revolting when seen in such numbers hehe... i'm not completely despondent on this account as it's nature, even if somewhat exaggerated in this instance, but this being my very first attempt i did feel somewhat sad for these little plants...

ninjadip

ninjadip

I know how you feel, I just finished my first run and I know I wasn't too great to them... I hope that with each grow I get better, ya know?
You seem like you will definitely succeed if you start over, and hopefully able to save this grow.
I can tell you already have a lot of knowledge.

T

thepot

I know how you feel, I just finished my first run and I know I wasn't too great to them... I hope that with each grow I get better, ya know?
You seem like you will definitely succeed if you start over, and hopefully able to save this grow.
I can tell you already have a lot of knowledge.
yep, nothing beats experience, especially the adverse type as far as learning of anything goes...

nah, i'm actually a total ignoramus when it comes to cannabis cultivation... and anything tech related too hehe... and as opposed to many other spheres of interest i've indulged in throughout my once very eventful life, i have 0 experience in trying to grow this stuff, so no, don't have a lot of knowledge at all, barely rudimentary and even that's questionable... what i try to do is search for info whenever i'm presented with some unknown issue and thus i've watched a ton of yt videos on the subject prior to even purchasing my first seed packet and even downloaded a bunch as well, for constant reference... it added nothing to my first attempt, however, because i chose to ignore almost everything i've seen and decided to go all 'natural' hehe... with near zero input and the result has been quite abysmal as i've somewhat anticipated it to be....

i've now learned that my way is not the right way, when it comes to the currently available strains at least, and will completely change my approach with the very next attempt... however, currently i'm still solidly in that ubiquitous, cliche category of idiots who know just enough to be dangerous... meaning i could screw up a simple attempt to grow a cannabis plant probably just as easily, or easier, than someone who knows absolutely nothing about the subject but got just a little bit of lucky and actually managed to grow a decent plant on the first try... 🙂

by the average age standards on such a forum i might have a ton of life experience and beat the crap out of most with it in that department regarding various life aspects but it doesn't translate to being experienced in any specific particular aspect so i come here with no pretentions and with full humility and realize that most who are here and post on regular basis could check mate me in the cannabis growing game in 3 moves or less... i'm at least smart and experienced enough to realize such a truth...

at the very least i think that i do have a pretty solid infrastructure and it's almost ready to attempt another try at growing this stuff... the ac's tent kit - which i've purchased as a result of advice stated in several yt videos on the subject - seems to trump anything currently available on the market today at that price level and that's a good start...i've watched probably over a hundred yt videos in more than week's time just on that subject before i've decided to spend my $ at that company's website... i still need to get some other stuff such as a good, reliable ph meter, et alia... and of course get my wifi automated and remote real time monitoring system fully implemented once the ac's wifi controller begins to ship out... being severely crippled for over 30 years and not having the possibility to grow right where i live presents a significant issue but it seems that the technology - as much as i detest it in the general sense - has been invented just in time to significantly help me out here; such as the ability to monitor and even control some of the tent grow conditions remotely via the wifi controller and live wifi/internet cam... if the next attempt will still go south, depending on which aspect will play a role in such a potential failure, i might seriously consider trying a hydrophonic set up in my tent... that type of a grow seems to have less pest issues being in play although i'm sure there are other proprietary issues to that type of a set up which are absent or not as crucial as that of the soil based system...

one very positive aspect with regard to my situation is that i'm not doing this for the main reason that i think most folks decide to homegrow their own... meaning, i'm not at all into getting high, or the thc aspect [in fact i got 'burnt out' on this stuff suddenly quite early in my life, in my late teens all the way back around '84 after being a real hard core pothead and i get overly paranoid and very uncomfortable when under the influence of some stronger current 'stuff'] ... which fact allows me to relatively take my time and not despair when shit goes all south... i think that the cbd side of the cannabis could potentially really help me out with dealing on constant daily basis with my chronic, acute muscle spasms and pretty severe neuropathic pain... i don't take pharma based stuff for the pain and just deal with it but it does take a lot of energy to do it in such a manner... the spasms are a different matter because i would literally die within a couple of-few weeks if this was not controlled so i'm forced to take synthesized medications but i hope that perhaps the low thc/high cbd strain could at least make it possible for me to reduce the daily amount of the latter type of meds i now must ingest... and if not, well, i've been living and dealing with these symptoms for over 3 decades so at least i tried and no skin off my back if nothing changes for the better, save for devoting several months of my life towards it... so if my grow fails once, twice, even thrice, i won't be depressed on that account, maybe a bit pissed off hehe...

wtf was this all about?... i've just typed out a solid few fat paragraphs in response to a short 4 sentence comment hahaha... i suppose i used my post as a general statement to everyone who cares to read it and to clarify some aspects of why i've registered an account here and am pestering others with my grow's issues...or maybe just felt like friggin' 'sharing'...
🙂

right, now on to the update of my plants sit-rep, nearly 24 hours after my initial post here... and it's not so good unfortunately, it'll likely take me a couple of hours to bang this out next...

T

thepot

but before i begin to type my plants update, wtf is going on with this thread, or posting in general?... could someone, perhaps a moderator, enlighten me?...

1. my photos in my initial post are now invisible again, only titles are shown, save for the single one pic which did NOT display previously... is this an issue with just my pics or some more general temporary issue with the forum itself?...

2. the very post above, my uber-long reply to 'ninjadip' has a significant text portion of it 'crossed out'[the paragraph starting from: "will play in such a potential failure" bit all the way to the end] so barely readable, as if someone just took a pen and crossed every line... i've never had this occur to my posts on any other forum in the past... is this because i perhaps have gone over the limit of characters allowed in every post and that 'crossed over' portion is invisible to others but me?...

it is indeed a long ass post and i might significantly edit it for brevity after seeing it here for a while but i've never before experienced such quirky posting issues on any other forums i've ever been a member of...

T

thepot

I love wood and debris in soil and it adds crazy amounts of life once it is broken down but the problem is that the microbes are made up of three things mostly Nitrogen/phos/sulfur in a 9-1-.01 ratio. So when someone says woods holds up nitrogen this is what they really mean. Once the microbes no longer have abundance of food they begin to die off and release the NP and S back.
interesting info, i believe i've recently come upon a similar explanation by an experienced gardener in one of yt videos i watched within the past month or so... i also wonder now if that's something [nitrogen deficiency despite an overabundance of wood matter in my soil] that's responsible for one of my plant's current newest serious decline in health... i'll post more in depth info and photo next, although it'll likely take me an hour or two to type up...

T

thepot

i'm posting updated pics of both plants,

first 2 photos are of the sickly one...

09 27 22a   Copy
09 27 22b   Copy

the next 2 are of the taller, healthier one for comparison...

09 27 22c   Copy
09 27 22d   Copy

so... suddenly the shorter one of my tiny plants - the one munched on by the 'roly-poly looking bastards' -is looking very sick...

perhaps the severe trauma of being literally partially eaten alive yesterday has made it terminal and its days are numbered, or that trauma has contributed to another earlier issue it suffered from already and the immune system was now pushed way over the limit...
whatever the cause, it's definitely suffering from some serious issue and might actually be beyond saving...

those who are experienced and care to read this thread - please take a look at the photo of it below and opine on what the problem might be...
what would be your next course of action give such a sad sight?...
well, beyond just dealing it the final coupe de grace, i know both of my plants are tiny for their age and to most of you, not worth the effort...
however, i don't much care for the final yield of either one and would just like to allow them to fully complete their life cycles even if the end result will be a tiny bud... as stated previously, they're my very first attempt and after well over a month [6th week of their life in fact] of constantly sending positive vibes their way and willing them to make it, i'd still prefer to have atleast a single toke or two from their effort rather than just discard them on a garbage heap...

so, apart from the obvious final solution, what would you do next to try to save this sickly looking thing and try to allow it to complete its life cycle while knowing only a vey limited amount of info with regard to the soil/water content?...

the soil is crappy raised bed garden mix, the water is crappy chlorinated one, as it comes from the tap and not even allowed to somewhat de-chlorinate in an open container overnight [that would be too much pressure and effort on my mom who cares for both plants on my behalf]... i have no idea of the soil's or water's ph...
there are no soil additives/nutrients used...

both bags are watered daily [except for today, i told my mom to let them be unwatered for the next 24 hours at least, after seeing the photo below and thinking it might be suffering from excess of toxic chlorine], about 1/2 gal each... it was 1 gal each when they were outdoors but i figured there's now less evaporation while in the grow tent...

i searched for 'cannabis nutrient deficiencies' and 'cannabis plant issues' and found some charts [the most popular shown was from 'dutch passion'] but these charts are quite confusing... the very symptoms they list and show are very similar in appearance and due to several factors, often contradictive ones...

id est: both deficiency and excess of certain nutrients could result in a very similar appearance, or several different deficiencies or excesses in certain particular nutrients are also very similar in appearance... difficult to even know sometimes if the plant's suffering of excess or deficiency of one or more nutrients...

based on the 'plant's appearance' type of charts, the diagnoses which to me seem the closest are as follows:

1. potassium deficiency OR excess [pictures/photos i've seen depicting both seem somewhat similar to me]...
1. nitrogen deficiency...
2. chlorine excess OR deficiency [i'm leaning strongly towards excess if this would be the culprit due to exclusive use of tap, chlorinated water]...
3. phosphorous deficiency OR excess [pictures of both of these symptoms look similar to me]...
4. zinc deficiency...

still other possible symptoms:

5. calcium deficiency OR excess...
6. iron deficiency OR excess...
7. boron deficiency [and perhaps excess, couldn't find reliable pics clearly showing both]...

and then of course it could be some root issues, overwatering, some combination of 2 or more issues plus that unfortunate case of being munched alive yesterday which could've likely exacerbated a previous existing issue... this list of possibilities is most likely still not even exhaustive...

this is so bleedin' frustrating, the more one finds out the less one can be certain of the apt diagnosis...

now, to add to the known factors, both plants are in the same soil from the same bag, both are watered with same water from the same watering can... both are growing side-by-side, exposed to the same amount of light/darkness each day... each is a different auto cbd strain, that's the only difference...
the taller, healthier looking plant is far from an ideal specimen based on its age ut certainly looks healthier and more robust than its companion... to be fair, it was only marginally snacked on as oposed to the sick one...

i have felt that based on pics my mom snapped of both plants for me on semi-daily basis, the shorter compact plant did look more yellowish to me than the other, taller one, as of the past 2 weeks or so...
and i definitely felt it looked particularly more jaundiced than the other as soon as it was transferred into the tent...when i remarked so to my mom, she said itwas just a difference in light on the photos but i was skeptical of her statement...i now believe i was correct to be so...
naturally a particular strain might have quite dramatic color variation from another but imho any predominantly yellow hue on cannabis plant's leaves indicates almost certainly an issue of some type...
in fact i now feel that the healthier, taller plant is also starting to take on a more jaundiced hue as of yesterday, compared to how it looked on previous pic when it was outdoors... therefore, perhaps it's also beginning to suffer from the same issue as the other one but:
a. it's much more resistant to it, or...
b. it's experiencing a reduced/delayed level of it and - as it matures - it'll also begin to increasingly be/look ill...
or i might be imagining it...

i also believe that as can be observed based on the known factors, quite evidently each of both plants has very different requirements and/or level of hardiness against certain issues... either collective genetics of each have different levels of above or the particular seed which the problematic plant grew from was especially, individually compromised and susceptible to such issue more than the standard average seed usually is...

but none of the info above helps me to determine what most proper course of action [or none] to take next in order to help that plant out...

i realize my tiny plants are unworthy of others' time but i'd like to save them so if you care to opine nevertheless, i'm very open to suggestions/advice,

thanks...
🙂

R

ritoMox

So you are not doing the growing directly? Or in other words, the plants are at your mom's house and you get over there once in awhile? Growing requires you to be on top of everything so you can act as fast as possible. Your situation does not sound ideal. If you have any space where you live, you should give a small growing space a shot just for now to get your chops in, experience. There are many ways to do a small grow in a small space. The link below is one I recently came across that I think would be a great start for you. You don't need to use the stuff in that link, you can just get a tinny tent, etc. As far as your current grow, your inability to immediately act on what folks here tell you makes it difficult for people to take the time to help. Growing is hands-on, and telling you something that you then tell your mom to do is not really the hands-on vibe. As far as your current grow, if it were my grow and given that they are auto's, I would consider this go a loss and toss everything and start over. There is no time for auto's to deal with the issues you have. The last pic is flowering. Photoperiod plants will give you much more wiggle room to deal with issues. That's just my 2¢, and the pro's here will probably have a better idea on the direction you should go. Everyone has problems in their grows, and if you push through your problems you will be rewarded. Good luck and hope to see you grow✌️
P.S.: tossing grows that don't work out is not uncommon! Link: Post #302

Last edited:
Top Bottom