from a total newb... some creepy-crawly infestation [greenhouse millipedes?]...

• Thread starter thepot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

ritoMox

So you are not doing the growing directly? Or in other words, the plants are at your mom's house and you get over there once in awhile? Growing requires you to be on top of everything so you can act as fast as possible. Your situation does not sound ideal. If you have any space where you live, you should give a small growing space a shot just for now to get your chops in, experience. There are many ways to do a small grow in a small space. The link below is one I recently came across that I think would be a great start for you. You don't need to use the stuff in that link, you can just get a tinny tent, etc. As far as your current grow, your inability to immediately act on what folks here tell you makes it difficult for people to take the time to help. Growing is hands-on, and telling you something that you then tell your mom to do is not really the hands-on vibe. As far as your current grow, if it were my grow and given that they are auto's, I would consider this go a loss and toss everything and start over. There is no time for auto's to deal with the issues you have. The last pic is flowering. Photoperiod plants will give you much more wiggle room to deal with issues. That's just my 2¢, and the pro's here will probably have a better idea on the direction you should go. Everyone has problems in their grows, and if you push through your problems you will be rewarded. Good luck and hope to see you grow✌️

P.S.: tossing grows that don't work out is not uncommon! Link: Post #302
Link: Space Buckets
Link: How to Grow Small Cannabis Plants in Tiny Spaces

M

Mcprp

here's some key info:

started out with 3 cbd autos [cbd kush, cbd white widow and cbd critical mass] outside around august 20th in 10gal bags... one died within a week of germination, 2 survived fine and now are in well into their 5th week since germination... as seen on photos, both are spindly and way undersized for being about 37 days old but i expected this using nothing but lowe's bought soil [raised bed mix] and nothing but tap water... my intentions were to go as simple as possible, and consequently expect a very modest size/yield... but i figured it's called weed for a reason [it actually is a weed] and if my grow bag grown tomatoes and beans can thrive under identical conditions so can friggin' weed...
apparently i was wrong, these plants are far more finicky and demanding than the veggies i grow right along them...

idk, perhaps the current hybridized strains available have gotten so far away from the actual original weed strains that could thrive in most hot/humid conditions that now they've become much more difficult to grow than any common vegetables...
moving on, i obviously started way too late for north east area to finish the cycle outside so i knew both grow bags will need to go into the tent for most of their growth cycle...i next purchased ac infinity's 2x4 full grow tent kit and right before the first night which recently went down below 55 f degrees i had them moved into that tent, this was about 3 days ago...

now, i don't want to share too much info about myself given my location [north east, above wv, below me] but need to provide some in order to get a better advice... so, i'm severely disabled in a wheelchair living in an apartment where there's no possibility of growing anything... therefore all the veggies [and now my first attempt at this green stuff] i grow, i do so at my mom's house garden/yard, she lives a couple of small towns away from me, less than 20 minutes... i also ask her to water my veggies in bags whenever she waters her garden on daily/semi-daily basis...
ditto regarding these 2 weeds i've decided to try to grow recently....

anyway, both plants seemed to wake up anew after the first 2 days/nights in a controlled environment under the lights and to me looked suddenly invigorated based on daily pics my mom regularly snaps of them for me [i'm not very mobile and can't get to her place too often]...
then today, a total disaster...

when my mom looked into the tent late morning today, both bags were covered inside and out with writhing, crawling larvae which to my laic eye looked like centipede larvae on the few pics she snapped for me...also, there were 5 or 6 roly-poly looking bastards on the leaves of the smaller plant apparently in the throes of munching away the leaves of my poor plants with abandon... even the bottom part of the zipper on the tent's front door had a bunch of those writhing, crawling larvae so they evidently can move/spread quite speedily...

according to what she told me a few hours later, she first had the presence of mind to snap several pics for me but then immediately started to spray all these bastards with some type of an insecticide she sometimes uses on her plants in the garden [supposedly it's 'organic' but i don't know what brand].. within several minutes of her spraying the stuff most - if not all - of the larvae were barely moving anymore or already curled up dead... afterwards she lifted both grow bags above the tent's floor and scraped the remaining dead carcasses off of it and then vacuumed the floor of the tent...
as far as she could tell, no new moving insects of both kind were visible anywhere afterwards...
i had to commend her, with her total phobia and disgust for spiders, centipedes and similar creepy-crawlies she did very well...

however, i'm not fooled... unless that insecticidal spray she used was some powerful toxic chemical crap instead of some mild organically formulated one [in which case both plants will also likely die within 2-3 days] there are still likely a bunch of these bastards within the soil of both grow bags... i counted at least 600 on all the photos so there are likely multiple of that number still in the soil/bags, whether dead or alive...
perhaps the sudden change from the rather recently cool nights outside to the ac light's and overall tent's warm and serene environment signaled these nasties eggs to hatch en masse within the soil or whatever triggered this sudden infestation, but at this point i'm not sure what to expect next and what to do...

i'd feel significant pangs of regret to just destroy these 2 plants after well over a month of willing them to grow and survive yet perhaps the best course of action would be to just take both bags out of the tent asap before any eggs could be laid in its crevasses, nooks and crannies, spread that soil outside in her yard/garden, thoroughly wash and/or sterilize the bags and just begin anew with a fresh, different soil [i'm thinking happy frog by fax farms perhaps?] and maybe even new grow bags...
i'm thinking that the raised garden bed mix soil i purchased from lowe's and used in the grow bags was already full of these bastards' eggs and they simply spontaneously hatched when exposed to the grow tent's environment...

my mom dropped by my place a few hours later and she snapped a few pics of both plants for me just before she did so...i can definitely see some damage to the leaves on the shorter plant made by the roly-poly looking bastards... the slightly taller plant looks ok, at least not in any worst state it did on pics from the previous day prior to this outbreak of insects...

after some googling, what i thought were centipede larvae, i think might actually be greenhouse millipede larvae... i've found some pics online of the latter ones which seem to be the closest match to what i see on the pics my mom snapped... i'd post a link or 2 but i'm not sure that would be cool along the forum's policies....
as far as the roly-poly [aka woodlice] looking bastards, i don't know what these are...there's one of these visible on photo number 3 i've posted, at the bottom, towards the right crawling on the inside of the grow bag, a couple of inches above the soil... afaik, wood lice don't munch on plant leaves so they're likely something else...

now, greenhouse millipedes [if that's what these in fact are] are apparently harmless to potted plants in which soil they dwell so perhaps my mom did far more harm to both of my plants by spraying some evil toxic crap all over them than just let them be but i don't blame her...upon seeing such writhing, crawling mass of larvae all over the bags and tent area, i'd likely take immediate action of death dealing myself and i don't even share the level of disgust towards such - admittedly gross - crawlies with my mom, at least not to that extent... however, i'd certainly not reach for the nearest can of some chemical concoction as my first choice and would likely just resort to a more physical, direct action of holocausting the nasties...

any suggestions as far as my next course of action will be appreciated... as well as what they in fact are, especially the ones that were ON my plant's leaves apparently snacking away...

as i looked closely at today's pics, i noticed that the larger plant seems to actually have just began its flowering phase this morning already with a couple of whitish 'petals' at the very top thus i won't probably get anything more than a small single bud off of it in the end, provided it'll even survive the spray assault unleashed upon it by my mom...
so any self respecting grower would most likely just pull both tiny plants and start anew... however, these being my very first 'weeds' ever grown in my 56 y/o life, i have developed quite a sentiment towards them in a span of just a single month so i'd be happy with even a single small bud from my very first attempt, before i begin my next attempt but utilizing much better basic resources this time around [besides using a much better soil i also pre-ordered ac's upcoming wifi controller and plan to add a wifi internet live cam so i can remotely view, monitor and adjust conditions inside the tent]... but if allowing these 2 plants to remain within the tent, and finish their cycle for the next 2 months or so, might potentially serve to inundate my new tent with hidden eggs that will hatch during my next attempt, i'll just nix these 2 plants at once so please share your experience/opinion freely...

man, i just can't keep my typing concise... apologies in advance for my unabridged literary tendencies....
ok, lastly the description of photos taken earlier today [actually now it's yesterday in light of the 3am time of me posting this] by mom... there was actually another photo - showing the worst infested area of all of these - she snapped and showed me but neglected to send me that one, where there was an actual writhing small circle mass of these larvae, about 100 or so... however, here are the ones she sent me :

pic 1 - a bunch of larvae at the outside base/surface of ac infinity's auto-watering pots...
pic 2 - a bunch of larvae at the zipper area, around the front bottom area of my tent...
pic 3 - close up of the larvae from pic 2...
pic 4 - a bunch of larvae on top of the soil's surface plus a roly-poly looking bastard visible at the pic's bottom towards the right...
pic 5 - close up of the roly-poly looking bastard...
pic 6 - a bunch of larvae crawling along the outside surface of one grow bag and on tent's floor...
pic 7 - a close up of a larvae on the bag's surface...
pic 8 - same as above...
pic 9 - the shorter one of both plants with some visible leaf damage by the roly-poly looking bastards, at least 9 leaves are affected...
pic 10 - the slightly taller of the 2 plants, with discernable damage only to the 2 bottom leaves and also a very slight sign of already entering the flowering phase...
pic 11 - same plant as pic 10, different angle...

thanks to anyone for sharing any experienced advice and suggestionsView attachment 1286343View attachment 1286344View attachment 1286345View attachment 1286346View attachment 1286347View attachment 1286348View attachment 1286349View attachment 1286350View attachment 1286351View attachment 1286352View attachment 1286353...
cheers...

[edit]- hmmm, before i posted this and now as i'm in 'edit' mode, my photos are visible to me... but after i posted it publicly, only the photos titles are displayed, no actual pics are visible... what am i doing wrong?...

M

Mcprp

here's some key info:

started out with 3 cbd autos [cbd kush, cbd white widow and cbd critical mass] outside around august 20th in 10gal bags... one died within a week of germination, 2 survived fine and now are in well into their 5th week since germination... as seen on photos, both are spindly and way undersized for being about 37 days old but i expected this using nothing but lowe's bought soil [raised bed mix] and nothing but tap water... my intentions were to go as simple as possible, and consequently expect a very modest size/yield... but i figured it's called weed for a reason [it actually is a weed] and if my grow bag grown tomatoes and beans can thrive under identical conditions so can friggin' weed...
apparently i was wrong, these plants are far more finicky and demanding than the veggies i grow right along them...

idk, perhaps the current hybridized strains available have gotten so far away from the actual original weed strains that could thrive in most hot/humid conditions that now they've become much more difficult to grow than any common vegetables...
moving on, i obviously started way too late for north east area to finish the cycle outside so i knew both grow bags will need to go into the tent for most of their growth cycle...i next purchased ac infinity's 2x4 full grow tent kit and right before the first night which recently went down below 55 f degrees i had them moved into that tent, this was about 3 days ago...

now, i don't want to share too much info about myself given my location [north east, above wv, below me] but need to provide some in order to get a better advice... so, i'm severely disabled in a wheelchair living in an apartment where there's no possibility of growing anything... therefore all the veggies [and now my first attempt at this green stuff] i grow, i do so at my mom's house garden/yard, she lives a couple of small towns away from me, less than 20 minutes... i also ask her to water my veggies in bags whenever she waters her garden on daily/semi-daily basis...
ditto regarding these 2 weeds i've decided to try to grow recently....

anyway, both plants seemed to wake up anew after the first 2 days/nights in a controlled environment under the lights and to me looked suddenly invigorated based on daily pics my mom regularly snaps of them for me [i'm not very mobile and can't get to her place too often]...
then today, a total disaster...

when my mom looked into the tent late morning today, both bags were covered inside and out with writhing, crawling larvae which to my laic eye looked like centipede larvae on the few pics she snapped for me...also, there were 5 or 6 roly-poly looking bastards on the leaves of the smaller plant apparently in the throes of munching away the leaves of my poor plants with abandon... even the bottom part of the zipper on the tent's front door had a bunch of those writhing, crawling larvae so they evidently can move/spread quite speedily...

according to what she told me a few hours later, she first had the presence of mind to snap several pics for me but then immediately started to spray all these bastards with some type of an insecticide she sometimes uses on her plants in the garden [supposedly it's 'organic' but i don't know what brand].. within several minutes of her spraying the stuff most - if not all - of the larvae were barely moving anymore or already curled up dead... afterwards she lifted both grow bags above the tent's floor and scraped the remaining dead carcasses off of it and then vacuumed the floor of the tent...
as far as she could tell, no new moving insects of both kind were visible anywhere afterwards...
i had to commend her, with her total phobia and disgust for spiders, centipedes and similar creepy-crawlies she did very well...

however, i'm not fooled... unless that insecticidal spray she used was some powerful toxic chemical crap instead of some mild organically formulated one [in which case both plants will also likely die within 2-3 days] there are still likely a bunch of these bastards within the soil of both grow bags... i counted at least 600 on all the photos so there are likely multiple of that number still in the soil/bags, whether dead or alive...
perhaps the sudden change from the rather recently cool nights outside to the ac light's and overall tent's warm and serene environment signaled these nasties eggs to hatch en masse within the soil or whatever triggered this sudden infestation, but at this point i'm not sure what to expect next and what to do...

i'd feel significant pangs of regret to just destroy these 2 plants after well over a month of willing them to grow and survive yet perhaps the best course of action would be to just take both bags out of the tent asap before any eggs could be laid in its crevasses, nooks and crannies, spread that soil outside in her yard/garden, thoroughly wash and/or sterilize the bags and just begin anew with a fresh, different soil [i'm thinking happy frog by fax farms perhaps?] and maybe even new grow bags...
i'm thinking that the raised garden bed mix soil i purchased from lowe's and used in the grow bags was already full of these bastards' eggs and they simply spontaneously hatched when exposed to the grow tent's environment...

my mom dropped by my place a few hours later and she snapped a few pics of both plants for me just before she did so...i can definitely see some damage to the leaves on the shorter plant made by the roly-poly looking bastards... the slightly taller plant looks ok, at least not in any worst state it did on pics from the previous day prior to this outbreak of insects...

after some googling, what i thought were centipede larvae, i think might actually be greenhouse millipede larvae... i've found some pics online of the latter ones which seem to be the closest match to what i see on the pics my mom snapped... i'd post a link or 2 but i'm not sure that would be cool along the forum's policies....
as far as the roly-poly [aka woodlice] looking bastards, i don't know what these are...there's one of these visible on photo number 3 i've posted, at the bottom, towards the right crawling on the inside of the grow bag, a couple of inches above the soil... afaik, wood lice don't munch on plant leaves so they're likely something else...

now, greenhouse millipedes [if that's what these in fact are] are apparently harmless to potted plants in which soil they dwell so perhaps my mom did far more harm to both of my plants by spraying some evil toxic crap all over them than just let them be but i don't blame her...upon seeing such writhing, crawling mass of larvae all over the bags and tent area, i'd likely take immediate action of death dealing myself and i don't even share the level of disgust towards such - admittedly gross - crawlies with my mom, at least not to that extent... however, i'd certainly not reach for the nearest can of some chemical concoction as my first choice and would likely just resort to a more physical, direct action of holocausting the nasties...

any suggestions as far as my next course of action will be appreciated... as well as what they in fact are, especially the ones that were ON my plant's leaves apparently snacking away...

as i looked closely at today's pics, i noticed that the larger plant seems to actually have just began its flowering phase this morning already with a couple of whitish 'petals' at the very top thus i won't probably get anything more than a small single bud off of it in the end, provided it'll even survive the spray assault unleashed upon it by my mom...
so any self respecting grower would most likely just pull both tiny plants and start anew... however, these being my very first 'weeds' ever grown in my 56 y/o life, i have developed quite a sentiment towards them in a span of just a single month so i'd be happy with even a single small bud from my very first attempt, before i begin my next attempt but utilizing much better basic resources this time around [besides using a much better soil i also pre-ordered ac's upcoming wifi controller and plan to add a wifi internet live cam so i can remotely view, monitor and adjust conditions inside the tent]... but if allowing these 2 plants to remain within the tent, and finish their cycle for the next 2 months or so, might potentially serve to inundate my new tent with hidden eggs that will hatch during my next attempt, i'll just nix these 2 plants at once so please share your experience/opinion freely...

man, i just can't keep my typing concise... apologies in advance for my unabridged literary tendencies....
ok, lastly the description of photos taken earlier today [actually now it's yesterday in light of the 3am time of me posting this] by mom... there was actually another photo - showing the worst infested area of all of these - she snapped and showed me but neglected to send me that one, where there was an actual writhing small circle mass of these larvae, about 100 or so... however, here are the ones she sent me :

pic 1 - a bunch of larvae at the outside base/surface of ac infinity's auto-watering pots...
pic 2 - a bunch of larvae at the zipper area, around the front bottom area of my tent...
pic 3 - close up of the larvae from pic 2...
pic 4 - a bunch of larvae on top of the soil's surface plus a roly-poly looking bastard visible at the pic's bottom towards the right...
pic 5 - close up of the roly-poly looking bastard...
pic 6 - a bunch of larvae crawling along the outside surface of one grow bag and on tent's floor...
pic 7 - a close up of a larvae on the bag's surface...
pic 8 - same as above...
pic 9 - the shorter one of both plants with some visible leaf damage by the roly-poly looking bastards, at least 9 leaves are affected...
pic 10 - the slightly taller of the 2 plants, with discernable damage only to the 2 bottom leaves and also a very slight sign of already entering the flowering phase...
pic 11 - same plant as pic 10, different angle...

thanks to anyone for sharing any experienced advice and suggestionsView attachment 1286343View attachment 1286344View attachment 1286345View attachment 1286346View attachment 1286347View attachment 1286348View attachment 1286349View attachment 1286350View attachment 1286351View attachment 1286352View attachment 1286353...
cheers...

[edit]- hmmm, before i posted this and now as i'm in 'edit' mode, my photos are visible to me... but after i posted it publicly, only the photos titles are displayed, no actual pics are visible... what am i doing wrong?...

T

thepot

So you are not doing the growing directly? Or in other words, the plants are at your mom's house and you get over there once in awhile? Growing requires you to be on top of everything so you can act as fast as possible. Your situation does not sound ideal. If you have any space where you live, you should give a small growing space a shot just for now to get your chops in, experience. There are many ways to do a small grow in a small space. The link below is one I recently came across that I think would be a great start for you. You don't need to use the stuff in that link, you can just get a tinny tent, etc. As far as your current grow, your inability to immediately act on what folks here tell you makes it difficult for people to take the time to help. Growing is hands-on, and telling you something that you then tell your mom to do is not really the hands-on vibe. As far as your current grow, if it were my grow and given that they are auto's, I would consider this go a loss and toss everything and start over. There is no time for auto's to deal with the issues you have. The last pic is flowering. Photoperiod plants will give you much more wiggle room to deal with issues. That's just my 2¢, and the pro's here will probably have a better idea on the direction you should go. Everyone has problems in their grows, and if you push through your problems you will be rewarded. Good luck and hope to see you grow✌️

P.S.: tossing grows that don't work out is not uncommon! Link: Post #302
you're probably right...i should just trash both plants... i am so friggin' sentimental though hehe... in the next 2-3 days i'm going to make up my mind whether to do so or allow at least the better one of the 2 plants continue and simultaneously start a new photo plant [maybe even 2] in a new 5 gal bag [i used 10 gal for those autos, another mistake]... i'll use ff's happy frog not the crappy raised bed garden mix this time around but i won't start the new photo plant or 2 until everything's hooked up to the ac controller 69, i have a live wifi camera hooked up and the auto-watering bases are fully set up...

yeah, i've considered it but no go on even a tiny tent grow at my apartment...we get regular inspections and there's too much of a risk it'll be found...this stuff's not allowed here, i can't risk losing my place being severely crippled in a wheelchair...i hear you on the logic and totally agree but my situation doesn't allow me to be on top of my grow attempt at most times... i'll have to just try to make he best with what i have to work with... i'd be completely satisfied if i could wind up with 2 plants yielding a few buds totaling 1oz-2 oz or so at the end of 4-5 months...i'm not an avid consumer of this stuff and it might not even work for me in the end as far as what i hope it might alleviate... i believe such yield expectations are realistic...

and i agree with switching to growing a photo type of plants... initially i thought autos might be the better choice for my circumstances and the first time but after reading up and watching a slew of yt videos after they've already been planted it turns out autos are plagued with too many potential issues to be reliable...

thanks for your input and time, cheers...

Last edited:
R

ritoMox

you're probably right...i should just trash both plants... i am so friggin' sentimental though hehe... i'm going to make up my mind whether to do so or allow at least the better one of the 2 plants continue and simultaneously start a new photo plant [maybe even 2] in a new 5 gal bag [i used 10 gal for those autos, another mistake]... i'll use ff's happy frog not the crappy raised bed garden mix this time around but i won't start the new photo plant or 2 until everything's hooked up to the ac controller 69, i have a live wifi camera hooked up and the auto-watering bases are fully set up...

yeah, i've considered it but no go on even a tiny tent grow at my apartment...we get regular inspections and there's too much of a risk it'll be found...this stuff's not allowed here, i can't risk losing my place being severely crippled in a wheelchair...i hear you on the logic and totally agree but my situation doesn't allow me to be on top of my grow attempt at most times... i'll have to just try to make he best with what i have to work with... i'd be completely satisfied if i could wind up with 2 plants yielding a few buds totaling 1oz-2 oz or so at the end of 4-5 months...i'm not an avid consumer of this stuff and it might not even work for me in the end as far as what i hope it might alleviate... i believe such yield expectations are realistic...

and i agree with switching to growing a photo type of plants... initially i thought autos might be the better choice for my circumstances and the first time but after reading up and watching a slew of yt videos after they've already been planted it turns out autos are plagued with too many potential issues to be reliable...

thanks for your input and time, cheers...
Please understand that I'm not suggesting any course of action. I was just tossing my 2¢ in there based on what I would do. If you're going to do more in that tent/area, it seems to me that a full sanitation would be in order. It sucks that you can't do a grow where you live. Nothing like spending hours just watching your green do its thing! You should give the THC type another go. In our medicated state we vibe on a whole 'nother level. I consider my medicated state being awake and my non-medicated state being asleep. This thing we call life has much more going on than we can perceive in our non-medicated state. Some can't handle true reality and instead choose slumber. Please keep the community updated on your journey ✌️

T

thepot

@Mcprp, What's going on with your posts?
i think there might be some temporary issue with this website perhaps...my first set of pics from my initial post in this thread no longer displays [at least to me even when i'm logged in], only the single pic now does which originally didn't... the other 9 or 10 pics from that post only show up as titles not actual photos... also a couple of my long ass replies now display as partially 'crossed over' through each line... i've never seen this happen on any forum i've ever posted on so perhaps there might be some server issues?...i also had to close the page and reload a couple of times just now to be able to see all the most recent replies... consequently 'mcprp' seems to have tried to post something quoting my first post but maybe he's experiencing similar issues...

R

ritoMox

I see all your pictures and posts with the lines through them. Did you clear your cache? I'm using Firefox on Mac and I have Firefox set to clear all cookies, etc, when I close out my browser and I never have any problems posting. Also, if you have add blocker you need to disable it for this site ✌️

T

thepot

Please understand that I'm not suggesting any course of action. I was just tossing my 2¢ in there based on what I would do. If you're going to do more in that tent/area, it seems to me that a full sanitation would be in order. It sucks that you can't do a grow where you live. Nothing like spending hours just watching your green do its thing! You should give the THC type another go. In our medicated state we vibe on a whole 'nother level. I consider my medicated state being awake and my non-medicated state being asleep. This thing we call life has much more going on than we can perceive in our non-medicated state. Some can't handle true reality and instead choose slumber. Please keep the community updated on your journey ✌️
yep, i'll ask my mother to sanitize the tent before i'll start any new plant...any suggestions on some specific product or should a thorough wipe with a vinegar/baking soda solution suffice?...i'd prefer to use something as natural as possible instead of anything potentially chemically toxic...

i'd settle for 6-7 hours of sleep each day as a 'medicated' state haha... i have acute, chronic insomnia, mainly due to the other symptoms i've mentioned in one of my previous posts, on average getting 3 hours of sleep per 24 hours and constantly tired but frequently i have to deal with 0 sleep for 24-48 hours [at least once every 10 days, sometimes every week] and had several bouts of 6-9 cmpletely sleepless days as well...the latter ones are unbelievably tough and even difficult for most to comprehend...

i'll return with hopefully a better 'grow progress' once i'll embark upon it anew... thank you for your time man...
🙂

R

ritoMox

I don't have any recommendations on the sanitation part, but I'm confident that at least one of our great community will be along shortly to help you with that. As far as insomnia, some well aged couch-lock Indica sounds like it's calling your name. Hope things improve for you!🙏 ✌️

T

thepot

I see all your pictures and posts with the lines through them. Did you clear your cache? I'm using Firefox on Mac and I have Firefox set to clear all cookies, etc, when I close out my browser and I never have any problems posting. Also, if you have add blocker you need to disable it for this site ✌️
ah, great call on clearing my cache, thanks for the heads up...i restarted my laptop after clearing my google chrome cache and the pics from my first post now do indeed display... however, some of my posts still partially appear with a 'crossed line'... namely #16, #19 and almost the entire post just above #30, my previous reply to you, wtf?... do you also see it like that?...
i'll see if i can disable my ad blocker and then check how my posts display here again...

[edit] - no, still display partially crossed, they're barely readable... oh well...

Last edited:
R

ritoMox

ah, great call on clearing my cache, thanks for the heads up...i restarted my laptop after clearing my google chrome cache and the pics from my first post now do indeed display... however, some of my posts still partially appear with a 'crossed line'... namely #16, #19 and almost the entire post just above #30, my previous reply to you, wtf?... do you also see it like that?...
i'll see if i can disable my ad blocker and then check how my posts display here again...

[edit] - no, still display partially crossed, they're barely readable... oh well...
Yeah, I see the crossed line stuff, too. I don't think you can change your prior posts with the line through them. I don't know why that happened, but your last two posts (#32 #33) look fine. FYI, keeping ad blocker disabled for this site seems to be a requirement. Members have posted of being locked out and speculated that it was because of not disabling ad block. I disabled mine right after the first message telling me to do so, and I haven't had any problems.✌️
Ah, I just realized that you might have something enabled in your post options. There's a selection of icons that show above what you're typing. There's 3 dots at the end and if you click on those dots they give you more options. One of them is "Insert horizontal line". Not sure if that's the problem, but something is definitely amiss.

Last edited:
R

ritoMox

Ooops. Just figured it out. You have strike-through enabled sometimes. If you look at the first 3 dots in the options and click on them a drop down shows an option for strike through. If it's highlighted that means it's on. It can also be enabled on Mac with command s on your keyboard. Maybe you're accidentally enabling it when you type. On Windows the command key would be Start/Windows key or the Control key with Ctrl label.

Last edited:
T

thepot

Yeah, I see the crossed line stuff, too. I don't think you can change your prior posts with the line through them. I don't know why that happened, but your last two posts (#32 #33) look fine. FYI, keeping ad blocker disabled for this site seems to be a requirement. Members have posted of being locked out and speculated that it was because of not disabling ad block. I disabled mine right after the first message telling me to do so, and I haven't had any problems.✌️
Ah, I just realized that you might have something enabled in your post options. There's a selection of icons that show above what you're typing. There's 3 dots at the end and if you click on those dots they give you more options. One of them is "Insert horizontal line". Not sure if that's the problem, but something is definitely amiss.

thanks for your help...i did as you've suggested and found that 'insert horizontal line' option but it's disabled when i normally type and post so probably not the culprit...if it continues in any of my future posts i'll have to reach out to someone connected to this website, a moderator most likely, and inquire about this issue... meanwhile i'll try to remember to use the 'preview' option before i'll click the 'post reply' link and thus maybe catch this problem before posting... once again, your time is much appreciated... thanks... think i'll turn the laptop off for tonight [hmm, for today actually being nerly 7am hehe] and turn some sleep sounds on my tv and attempt to hopefully succeed in getting some zzzs...i'm supposed to get some bureaucratic red tape shit accomplished over the next couple of days...
thanks man...
🙂

T

thepot

Ooops. Just figured it out. You have strike-through enabled sometimes. If you look at the first 3 dots in the options and click on them a drop down shows an option for strike through. If it's highlighted that means it's on. It can also be enabled on Mac with command s on your keyboard. Maybe you're accidentally enabling it when you type. On Windows the command key would be Start/Windows key or the Control key with Ctrl label.
oh shit, maybe you're right...in fact you most likely are...my hands are mostly paralyzed and i have very poor hand dexterity so i type - rather poorly - with my right thumb...it's very possible that i might've hit the control key while typing...the more/longer posts i type the more fatigued my thumb becomes and that's when i get sloppy with hitting the intended keys... i have no way to test this now apart from banging out another long ass post and see if i'd hit that key again accidentally but thank you for that heads up...it's most likely the reason and you've figured it out for me, i'll be more careful to watch out for this when i'll type my future posts here...

what sucks is that i don't see the 'edit' function available under each of my 'crossed' posts so i'm unable to correct any of them to remove that line...seems like they're now permanently flawed and difficult to read... thanks... signing off for this session....

Last edited:
Sunasun

Sunasun

You have been overwatering since they germinated. They need dry cycles for optimal growth. No need to water everyday until they are much bigger. You're not allowing the roots to grow if you keep the medium always drenched. You may get an 8th out of that. Sorry.

Madmax

Madmax

Get the vac cleaner out and suck them up..there should b some organic spray in your country to spray those fuckers..like Homesteader said they like moist areas.we get them bad here .the bastards get inside the house..id try some surface spray around your tent to try and make a barrier..

Top Bottom