From Cfl To Led

• Thread starter Patriot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Patriot

Patriot

Has anyone experienced light burnt from changing a plant from a CFL mother tent...to a flower chamber with 2 300 w LED ...temp at 72 and humedity at 44%........when i changed it it looked like it was burning slowly, never affected the buds, but defenitly dried and burnt some leaves.....i have started others from seed in the flower chamber and its growing beautifully , green, nice nodes, .....it only happens when i swith it from CFL to LED.....my mothers are all in CFL.....see my dilemma????
any help is good...PLEASE , not to be rude but, DO NOT JUST RANDOMLY GIVE ME UR OPINION.....unless it is an educated one.
Thanks guys....
too bright i am thinking ....

reeferman420

reeferman420

what type of led are they? and how far above the plants are they?

Patriot

Patriot

what type of led are they? and how far above the plants are they?
I am using 2x 300 w LED (truly 140w ) Mars and Hydro ,, white box. Works good, some people talk trash but its ok. In the other tent i have 3x 35 tru wats of CFL....The distance is about 2 and 1/2 feet from them.....as i said the ones that i grew from seed in the LEDs are great, pretty dark green, budding like crazy and 12 inches away or less........
Doesnt make sense....Could the LED be causing some kind of deficiency on the Plant? althouhg it truely looks burnt....no deficiencies on the Veg tent...

reeferman420

reeferman420

its probably tge difference of intensuty cfls arent that powerful and the light id going all directions while tge leds are higher intensity and more directly focused the ones that grew from seed are used to the lights.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Has anyone experienced light burnt from changing a plant from a CFL mother tent...to a flower chamber with 2 300 w LED ...temp at 72 and humedity at 44%........when i changed it it looked like it was burning slowly, never affected the buds, but defenitly dried and burnt some leaves.....i have started others from seed in the flower chamber and its growing beautifully , green, nice nodes, .....it only happens when i swith it from CFL to LED.....my mothers are all in CFL.....see my dilemma????
any help is good...PLEASE , not to be rude but, DO NOT JUST RANDOMLY GIVE ME UR OPINION.....unless it is an educated one.
Thanks guys....
too bright i am thinking ....
Ok. Random, but well educated and experienced opinion here. Yes, it is absolutely possible. If LED lighting can burn an anemone through 2.5' of water, you can bet your ass it can burn a plant through air.

Are we talking just about burning here, or other behavior? If other behavior, I think you might want to read Capulator's thread on how light spectrum affects nutrient uptake.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...m-affects-nutrient-use-in-plant-tissue.58621/

Patriot

Patriot

Could be other symptoms but mostly burning. Looks like could b some mag deificiency but I am sure that the light has everything to do with it....Let me check link and see...Thanks guys.
I ll keep posting.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Mg- is always going to occur on the lower, older growth, not on top.

Patriot

Patriot

no, its usually all over, top specially..although new growth its looking a little better...i ll give it a light 1-1-1- tonic and flush and see what she wants from there////

keiksweat

keiksweat

Two different types of light,try breaking em in for a day or two.raise panels,turn one off .see how that does.i use leds.can get burnt easily.just don't realise until tops start going white,or mad deficiency's.and I've personally found you will neeg cal mag with led.hope this helps pal.

Patriot

Patriot

Two different types of light,try breaking em in for a day or two.raise panels,turn one off .see how that does.i use leds.can get burnt easily.just don't realise until tops start going white,or mad deficiency's.and I've personally found you will neeg cal mag with led.hope this helps pal.
Thanks...i have watered to flush...the problem doesn't seem as bad...its only showing on my sensi SKunk...the budding is good and seems like the fan leaves are the once that are dying off....

keiksweat

keiksweat

Thanks...i have watered to flush...the problem doesn't seem as bad...its only showing on my sensi SKunk...the budding is good and seems like the fan leaves are the once that are dying off....
Give em some cal mag dude.i like to give em a spray down with Epsom salt's when I have yellow leaves.works fast.

Wisher619

Wisher619

without pix it is really hard to determine what is actually going on....with that being said....
cfl to led would be the equivilant of say T-8 fluoros to the sun....you have to ween them in....

Patriot

Patriot

thanks guys...Maybe one day i will add pics but for now i ll just stick to you guy's understanding. Yes, it seems to be a little burnt..yellow leaves, specially small fan leaves....In my opinion, things are getting better. Some plants like sensi skunk seems more prune to it, while skunk#1 also from sensi seems not to have the same problem...i am going to keep flusihng her and see...but thanks for the help.

Top Bottom