From Led To Hps Need Advise Plz

• Thread starter Buster1977
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Buster1977

First time useing hps. So it may just be my paranoia. My tallest colas look bushy/leafy to me compared to all my led grows...same strain hula haze. Im exacty 4 weeks from flip. Thx for any advice✌

From led to hps need advise plz
From led to hps need advise plz 2
From led to hps need advise plz 3
From led to hps need advise plz 4
Nugg

Nugg

Idk.but maybe all the extra heat the hps gives off.. question...why would you go to hps/cmh,not sure what you are running..

B

Buster1977

Idk.but maybe all the extra heat the hps gives off.. question...why would you go to hps/cmh,not sure what you are running..
Im running a 1000w hps dimmable. Sun system. I was running 700 actual watts from 1 mars 192 reflector and 2 300w mars units. Diods started going out and i know there cheap and not very good i god decent buds just airy af. Got a deal on this hps so switched

Fangthane

Fangthane

The first thing that jumps out at me is the "taco" look a lot of leaves are getting. Like Nugg said, I suspect there's a good bit of difference in heat output with your current lighting, and the plants don't seem to like it. I had a lot of that when I was earlier into one of my current grows; had to back my CMH off a bit and improve airflow to remedy.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Im running a 1000w hps dimmable. Sun system. I was running 700 actual watts from 1 mars 192 reflector and 2 300w mars units. Diods started going out and i know there cheap and not very good i god decent buds just airy af. Got a deal on this hps so switched

700w of leds is more than enough to grow solid dank nugs. 3 possibilities comes to mind. Genetics, harvest time or your environment in general. I grew solid dense nugs covered in trichomes using 100w floodlight per plant.
Are you sure you don’t have any light leaks or any other problems with your environment.

B

Buster1977

The first thing that jumps out at me is the "taco" look a lot of leaves are getting. Like Nugg said, I suspect there's a good bit of difference in heat output with your current lighting, and the plants don't seem to like it. I had a lot of that when I was earlier into one of my current grows; had to back my CMH off a bit and improve airflow to remedy.
Yes i did have venting issues about 2 weeks ago i had my fan pulling the air out from the bottom...i know bad move...it pulled all the heat down but didnt knotice any damage just a lil drooping. And my light was a bit close its all the way up now with a 12 inch gap

B

Buster1977

My experience is pretty limited with HID lighting, but is 12" really enough for a 1000w HPS? I keep my 315w CMH 20"-ish up.
See thats what im wondering am i frying them if so are the colas savable

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Yes i did have venting issues about 2 weeks ago i had my fan pulling the air out from the bottom...i know bad move...it pulled all the heat down but didnt knotice any damage just a lil drooping. And my light was a bit close its all the way up now with a 12 inch gap

12 inches for 1000w hps? I keep my cob leds at that distance, seems a bit close. Not a hid guy tho.

B

Buster1977

My experience is pretty limited with HID lighting, but is 12" really enough for a 1000w HPS? I keep my 315w CMH 20"-ish up.
Im gonna have to tie em down but with 5 monsters in a 4x4 room shitty

Fangthane

Fangthane

See thats what im wondering am i frying them if so are the colas savable
I'm sure more experienced people will chime in, but IMO, you may be frying them. I have a feeling you're gonna end up wanting to seriously back off the lighting and/or dial down the wattage. They don't look terrible to me, so hopefully you haven't done permanent damage.

B

Buster1977

I'm sure more experienced people will chime in, but IMO, you may be frying them. I have a feeling you're gonna end up wanting to seriously back off the lighting and/or dial down the wattage. They don't look terrible to me, so hopefully you haven't done permanent damage.
Yeah theres no discoloration just leafy and not as full as the other tops

Dbear180

Dbear180

I keep my se non air cooled 600s about 16 inches away & I still burn the tips if I don't keep up on them. With a 1k not dimmed you want almost 20-24 inches away. Use the forearm test, put your arm out forearm up level with your tops under the light. Is it almost uncomfortable hot or just warm? Warm is the goal.

B

Buster1977

I keep my se non air cooled 600s about 16 inches away & I still burn the tips if I don't keep up on them. With a 1k not dimmed you want almost 20-24 inches away. Use the forearm test, put your arm out forearm up level with your tops under the light. Is it almost uncomfortable hot or just warm? Warm is the goal.
Ok that make sense... Ill have to tie down to achieve that

B

Buster1977

I have 7 foot ceilings and im all the way up... They streched way more than with my leds

B

Buster1977

Not helping there monster clones that were put into reveg at 3 weeks flower so there all over the place

Fangthane

Fangthane

Is that pinching?
From my understanding, that's a part of it. Pinch the stalk with increasing pressure until you've weakened it just enough to lay it over and tie it into place. I've never done it, but have seen it recommended to others who are running out of vertical space.

Top Bottom