From Supersoil To Hydro....

• Thread starter Tearsofshiva
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tearsofshiva

What's happening good people,

Been growing a couple years indoors using supersoil and was thinking of making the switch to an ebb and flow system because it is cheaper and more efficient. However, coming from a world where all I did to take care of my plants was water, creating a nutrient regimen for my grow is very overwherlmeing. I was wondering if anyone out there has a simple a And effective general nutrient plan for beginners with hydro?

Thanks!

Papichulo

Papichulo

What's happening good people,

Been growing a couple years indoors using supersoil and was thinking of making the switch to an ebb and flow system because it is cheaper and more efficient. However, coming from a world where all I did to take care of my plants was water, creating a nutrient regimen for my grow is very overwherlmeing. I was wondering if anyone out there has a simple a And effective general nutrient plan for beginners with hydro?

Thanks!
General hydroponics 3 part for the win

xavier7995

xavier7995

Jacks 321 or any derivative formulation using the Jacks base.

Make sure to pick up a ph pen. It's much more critical in hydro than soil.

T

Tearsofshiva

I read that general hydro was purchased by Monsanto and changed their formula is this true? From what I read about jacks I'm a little confused how I would use it, so the general hydro would be my first choice if it's still the same... I'm also looking at cost effectiveness because this is for my grow space that I'm trying to make a profit on.... Thanks guys

xavier7995

xavier7995

Gh is owned by monsanto. It's still a fine product line and can be run cheaply...but there is that factor if it's important to you.

Jacks is going to be most effective, the only thing that I could think of that would be cheaper is ordering big tubs of individual elements in their raw salt form(that is a weirdly worded sentence). To use the jacks, you would buy the base nutrient (5-11-26), Calnit (calcium and nitrogen), and some Epsom salts(magnesium). The various formulas are those elements in different ratios; 321 is a popular mix, 3 grams jacks, 2 calnit, 1 magnesium. You can play around with it, different strains like different stuff. I normally go with 2g jacks, 2g calnit, .5ish mag; I have better results with higher levels of calcium relative to other elements. Really really cheap and easy. You will want to use a pk booster during flower.

T

Tearsofshiva

Thanks @xavier7995... What are the options for pk boosters?? And i really feel one of the biggest advantages of the supersoil was the mychorrizae does anybody use a good supplement for this in hydro?

xavier7995

xavier7995

You can use whatever pk booster...I go with Kool bloom or moab powder, but whatever product is probably fine. I would assume jr peters/jacks makes one for a good price. My bag of Kool bloom will last for years...so going to revisit the topic in 2020 or so.

No comment on myco. Folks do seem to run organic elements in coco, but I don't have enough experience to give an opinion.

Last edited:
Krypto

Krypto

I read that general hydro was purchased by Monsanto and changed their formula is this true? From what I read about jacks I'm a little confused how I would use it, so the general hydro would be my first choice if it's still the same... I'm also looking at cost effectiveness because this is for my grow space that I'm trying to make a profit on.... Thanks guys
I think your right about Gen Hydro.

Tardbuster

Tardbuster

I switched to Monsanto when I wanted my yard full of weeds to STOP growing.

Salt my yard with Monsanto salts to keep weeds from growing.

Salting my weed with Monsanto salts seems counter productive. A bit Hegelian if you ask me.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Heavy16 for the win.

(Yes it's expensive, but it takes all the guesswork out of feeding your plants.)

It has everything you need. Just add a beneficial microbial agent, and your IPM (integrated pest management)
And think about drippers over ebb n flow.

Best of luck.
IMG 20161228 140903 936

Krypto

Krypto

lol! Day made, that cracked me up.
Bahahaha! OH MAN! That's hilarious indeed good sirrrrrrI don't get it. I must have stumbled into a MENSA thread. ( MENSA doesn't really fit this scenario but I'm sure you catch my drift) ok...you 2 have in her. Peace!

Krypto

Krypto

Bahahaha! OH MAN! That's hilarious indeed good sirrrrrrI don't get it. I must have stumbled into a MENSA thread. ( MENSA doesn't really fit this scenario but I'm sure you catch my drift) ok...you 2 have in her. Peace!
That should have read "you 2 have FUN in here.

Krypto

Krypto

That should have read "you 2 have FUN in here.
Sorry to retaliate like that. But I don't respond well to passive aggressive, jargon troppin' "negatives" regurgitating something they just googled an hour ago. Just to....what?
"Give an opinion"...? awesome.
But...I did get some good advice from some good people. And I'll be using this information to ultimately HELP PEOPLE. ..so Fu#k You.
Thanks shroom and rmoltis

Top Bottom