Frost Over night please help

• Thread starter AllNewToThis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AllNewToThis

AllNewToThis

I live in southern Ontario. Tonight is going to drop to 5 Celsius and than down to 3 for 2 hours and back up to 15-18 durning the day and the rest of the week the lowest it gets a night is 10 and warm durning the days. Will my Omar’s be able to handle the 1 night outside tonight??

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I live in southern Ontario. Tonight is going to drop to 5 Celsius and than down to 3 for 2 hours and back up to 15-18 durning the day and the rest of the week the lowest it gets a night is 10 and warm durning the days. Will my Omar’s be able to handle the 1 night outside tonight??
Depending on how big your plant is if there seedlings I’d get them covered but if mature or maturing plant it should be ok . I grow in Cold Tasmania and have had 1 to 5 degrees c temps with frost and my plants were ok . Good luck if your worried and it in a pot bring it indoors for the night . Regards OD.

AllNewToThis

AllNewToThis

Depending on how big your plant is if there seedlings I’d get them covered but if mature or maturing plant it should be ok . I grow in Cold Tasmania and have had 1 to 5 degrees c temps with frost and my plants were ok . Good luck if your worried and it in a pot bring it indoors for the night . Regards OD.

Thanks so much. I feel better now.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Thanks so much. I feel better now.
Best fix for a frost covered plant is to hose it off with water it will warm it up and stop the sun damage that can happen on the leaf cells . Then after you have watered n warmed up the plant give it a good shake off to get the water off . Od .

AllNewToThis

AllNewToThis

Best fix for a frost covered plant is to hose it off with water it will warm it up and stop the sun damage that can happen on the leaf cells . Then after you have watered n warmed up the plant give it a good shake off to get the water off . Od .

Thank you so much for info.

Latest posts

Top Bottom