Ftwendy's tincture recipe - ever wanted to fill your own ecig cartridges?

• Thread starter ftwendy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

V.izzle

Has anyone used PEG instead of PG? What is the difference? Does one work better than the other?

Mattyfatty

Mattyfatty

Hey Ft have you ever used rosin in the mix .I’m trying to figure this out

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

20180103 202844
20171219 185157
20170521 205133
Warning!
Peg 400usp when vaped at high temps turns into formaldehyde. NASTY!

I make about 50-100 carts a month, every month.

I use .5g distillate and fractioned natural terpenes to thin out the distillate a bit. 5 drops terps per .5g distillate. This is per .5ml cart.

Mattyfatty

Mattyfatty

View attachment 774787 View attachment 774788 View attachment 774789 Warning!

I use .5g distillate and fractioned natural terpenes to thin out the distillate a bit. 5 drops terps per .5g distillate. This is per .5ml cart.
View attachment 774787 View attachment 774788 View attachment 774789 Warning!

Thanks i’m Using bubble hash pressed into rosin and it’s not stable /I’m getting separation after it cools
1gr rosin to 1ml @70/30 pg/vg
150/160deg double boiler

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I'e used all the following extracts for vape carts. Rosin, bho, iso, etoh, kief, bubble hash...... All separated in storage after 4 days.

The only extract I personally found to NOT separate is distillate and terps.

VG is fn nasty! It leaves an oily film on your lips, mouth, tounge, throat and lungs.

Peg turns into formaldehyde when vaped.

Mattyfatty

Mattyfatty

I'e used all the following extracts for vape carts. Rosin, bho, iso, etoh, kief, bubble hash...... All separated in storage after 4 days.

The only extract I personally found to NOT separate is distillate and terps.

VG is fn nasty! It leaves an oily film on your lips, mouth, tounge, throat and lungs.

Peg turns into formaldehyde when vaped.
Thanks, I’m just gonna stop wasting time and more time and awesome rosin

ChickenDicks

ChickenDicks

has anyone gotten full spectrum extracts (winterized at -25f) to stabilize in PG? i have separation after about 3 weeks in a vape cart. is my winterization too warm to pull out all the waxes?

Unnamed 2
Unnamed 1
Unnamed
T

TerpyTwerpy

So in my experience, I actually have the best luck with my carts using non-LIVE concentrate - unless I put it in freezer prior to making. It has to do with allowing the compounds and fats to bind better when adding to whatever emulsifier you are using. But, I am hesitant to turn my LIVE concentrates into carts because High Times 2016 research into which concentrates keep the most terpenes after turning into THC liquid and guess what? The LIVE actually had the least amount of terps in the final product!! And guess which rated with the most terpenes in tact (from wax form that is?) BHO shatter! Just Google it and until more research comes out, I will stick to dabbing my resin and using BHO for discreet carts for convenience only.
I have had good luck with HerbalLicks liquidizer which uses different weights of PG and then a few drops of terps to give the taste and flavor it loses thru the process.
I also found all carts ever made using the microwave method, did not remain stable.

So I use a candle warmer and warm the PG first and then slowly add product until it's the consistency I want. It remains stable if I do it this way for the life of the cart and they last longer, taste better and are my preferred potency than any Ive bought.

Top Bottom