Ftwendy's tincture recipe - ever wanted to fill your own ecig cartridges?

• Thread starter ftwendy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ftwendy

ftwendy

Heat the PG to 140 then add the shatter/bho... VG is a pain because it requires a ton of manual stirring

H

HeyMang

It just seems to me that mixing stiff bho with a consistency of hard taffee into VG which is like baby oil just doesn't work. I'm thinking of trying that PG to see if it mixes better.
Also what temps are too hot for making the bho and PG?

ftwendy

ftwendy

Keeping PG around 140f has always provided me with satisfying results. Flavor is great. Remember to buy food grade propylene glycol!

You may be able to get it done at a lower temp tho. Give it a try at 120 and let us know how it worked for you

burn4me

burn4me

good read here. ive been pondering this question of ecigs for a while. now if only it wasnt like hunting down santa to get wax around here. but thanks for info on this

H

HeyMang

Is there a temperature whilst making bho that you dont want to go over during the vacuuming stage.. I have read alot of different opinions ranging from 120 F to 170-180F I guess Im extremely afraid that if I go too high Im burning off all the strength. And at a certain temp you must be. But what temp is that?
Say if you let your container and bho get to 170 for even 30 seconds. What would your educated guess be as to how much potency you would have probably lost?

ftwendy

ftwendy

The boiling point of thc at -29.62" hg vac. is 161.6f... at -29.88" hg the boiling point falls to 111.2f... at -29.916" it drops to 62.6f. No idea how much boils off or how fast, so I keep temperatures around 95 or lower inside the vac chamber at pulls pver -29"

terpenes are boiled off at much lower temperatures under vacuum...

fyi, the heated pg and bho in the recipe are combined at normal atmospheric pressure

check out skunk pharm for a full chart of boiling points

Last edited:
ftwendy

ftwendy

I keep it less than 110, 95 avg, but temps swing from 85-110ish.

F

Fluffymufinz

I use the vision spinner and have a couple grams of keif how would i use that into something like this? I have been surfing the web for a bit now looking for a good recipe so I can make myself some cig juice using what I have here on hand.

ftwendy

ftwendy

Thanks JesseJames. Useful information, food for thought... keep the voltage low.

Per the article: "At low voltage (3.3 V), we did not detect the formation of any formaldehyde-releasing agents (estimated limit of detection, approximately 0.1 μg per 10 puffs). At high voltage (5.0 V), a mean (±SE) of 380±90 μg per sample (10 puffs) of formaldehyde was detected as formaldehyde-releasing agents."

D

DF92

Sorry to post in an old thread but I was reading this and wanted to alert everyone: DO NOT use food grade propelyne glycol for e-cig liquid. Food grade PG is fine for tinctures, which is where the OP got the original idea for this mixture. He has all the right steps, but you must use USP grade PG if you're going to put this mixture in an e cig. All (proper) e liquids use this; food grade is not safe for inhaltion. USP may not be "safe" for all we know but it is definitely better than smoking.

P

PoinDexter

I appreciate you sharing your wealth of knowledge and thus saving us all lots of time and expensive trial and error. I was wondering are you winterizing your BHO prior to mixing? I've heard other people say it is a must but I am really hoping to avoid this step if at all possible

ftwendy

ftwendy

The concentrates were manually dewaxed during liquid butane boil off... most of the fats would float/ball up and could be skimmed off when tubes were shot into a deep pyrex measuring cup (8cup?? iirc). You can use waxy material, too -- it just isn't optimum.

Top Bottom