Ftwendy's tincture recipe - ever wanted to fill your own ecig cartridges?

• Thread starter ftwendy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ftwendy

ftwendy

This seems like a fine place to post this. I have started another thread with the same information in the Hash/Oil forum, also here at The Farm.

I've been mulling the decision to share this recipe for a while, and finally decided it is time. Life is short, and sick people are suffering. Call me naive for sharing, but this is what feels right...

Below is an excerpt from a conversation I shared with another user regarding my method for creating a usable tincture for ecigarettes.

I hope this helps, and I also hope that you share the good results of your effort with somebody who needs them.

LBPULLERS, ftwendy

The method is very simple if you start with some nice pure BHO. Vac purged is best, but budder works too. All that is necessary to make this tincture is heating a small quantity of propylene glycol, melting a bit of your bho into the heated PG, mixing a bit, and injecting the resulting tincture into a blank cartomizer. Attach to your favorite battery, match voltage and ohms, and puff away. Very tasty, imo... very stealthy, very helpful to those who have pain/addiction issues.

I have great success using a combination of 0.7ml PG : 0.3 grams BHO.

I heat the PG/BHO combination to 140f in a small jar on a double boiler placed atop a hot plate, and then I mix, mix, mix with a needle of a syringe...when the wax is completely dissolved in the PG, then the combination/tincture is ready to be injected into a blank cartomizer (melting usually occurs within 2-3 mins for small batches, ie: less than 7ml PG, 3gr BHO).

I fiddled around with a bunch of blank cartomizers before settling on the SMOK Brand Dual Coil, Low Resistance (1.5 ohm) cartridges available at most online places. This cartomizer matches nicely with common 650mah EgoC style batteries, but will work properly with any 3.7v 510 threaded setup. I believe your ProVari automatically senses resistance, but the above figures are what work best if you need to dial it in manually. It should taste like the very essence of your BHO -- if there is any chemical/off flavor, then you must adjust your volatge lower to avoid melting the wicking material (plastic).

1 ml of this tincture is carefully injected into the blank cartomizer after removing the small rubber end cap. When doing this I pay special attention to get the (blunted!) tip of the needle into the second layer of wicking material within the cartomizer. Working my way from the bottom of the cartridge to the top, I inject the tincture as evenly as possible. The more evenly you inject the juice, the more longevity you can expect from each fresh filled cartomizer... I expect 100 full hits from each 1ml filling, but there's more than that in there. Incidentally, I do not re-fill my cartridges, but this a personal decision because I want the most pure flavor possible. Refilling is fine. After 2 or 3 1ml refills the heating elements are fairly gunked up and become unreliable.

If your wax is strong to begin with, then the 0.7ml : 0.3gr ratio will be very satisfying in terms of potency and flavor. Some of my best wax can be thinned much further and still remain efficacious -- your results will vary, but the ratio above is a fine starting point.

That should about cover things. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions you encounter along the way.

Cheers, ftw

germinator

germinator

Image View attachment 353450 My bho elick....oney......
joy tech eroll....sry shitty pic. Do a search....

Last edited:
qupee

qupee

So did you mix the vg & pg and then dissolve oil into it or did you dissolve the oil in pg and then add vg, or have an opinion on which way might work better? I've tried several ratios of nicotine mix and find 50/50 is by far my favorite, but I haven't made bho mix, only tried it a couple times and don't know how it was made exactly

ftwendy

ftwendy

70:30 (PG:VG) was the most I messed with. I had to shake the bottles of my mixed tincture b/c the VG separates from the rest of the solution for about two weeks after making it. After shaking the bottle a few times a day for about two weeks this separation stopped. I prefer the straight PG for simplicity, and b/c I don't care for what the VG added to the mix.

VG was added after the wax was melted in the PG. Maybe warming the PG:VG combo, THEN adding the wax to melt?? Give it a try a let us know how that works!

ftwendy

ftwendy

People I know that use the nicotine tinctures mostly prefer a 70:30 pg:vg ratio fwiw

donmekka

donmekka

Wendy do you have any issues with your e-cig leaking?......For the life of me i cant find a cartomizer/clearomizer/glassomizer that wont leak! lol

donmekka

donmekka

I have been using winterized oil from QWET and using just enough PG to get the consistency I think it should be.

ftwendy

ftwendy

Sounds like you're either over filling or storing them wrong. Storing them on their side is recc'd.

I filled the small cartomizers with 0.8ml of the tincture, and the larger low resistance carts could handle up to 1.2ml... tho they were usually filled with 1ml (which provided over 100 solid hits at 1ml, so we were satisfied).

Ratios and blends are a matter of preference. This recipe is a good starting point

donmekka

donmekka

What ohm coils are you using I have been using 1.8-2.4 on my protank 2,evod,and hypertank I usually fill 1/2-3/4 the way full but seems like no matter what i do half way through the tank it starts gurgling bad and doesent stop,even if i clean it out it come back quickly.....only way to fix is to replace the coil ....that gets expensive @2$ a coil.

All in all though I will say I love it the bouquet of flavor is outstanding and the stealthiness is unrivaled.

donmekka

donmekka

I wondered if my oil was to thin but it seems much thicker then any e-liquid i have seen. So next thing i am gonna try is using straight winterized oil and/or a top coil tank....all my current tanks are bottom coils this may be my issue.

qupee

qupee

Wendy do you have any issues with your e-cig leaking?......For the life of me i cant find a cartomizer/clearomizer/glassomizer that wont leak! lol

Evods have been great for me with regards to not leaking and being reliable. I do find that occasionally a coil will gurgle and leak out the bottom connector a little, but compared to all the other clearo's I've tried they are much better. Also, when I wrap my own coils I never have an issue with leaking that way. With the protank (original) I had a lot of trouble with the gurgling/leaking on the protank with factory coils, but not with ones I've wrapped myself, which is nice because now I can vape more cinnamon juice.

Coils for the evod and protank can be bought for about $1.20 each

If you care to try wrapping your own I have good luck with about 5 turns of 32 gauge kanthal () around a 1.5mm threaded ekowool wick, with a 1mm hollow ekowool wick laid on top of the coil ()

This is where I've gotten a lot of my e-cig info:

Latest posts

Top Bottom