Fuck me Ian and government forced chop. Can you help with a few thngs

• Thread starter radrichie61
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
radrichie61

radrichie61

Oh good evening everybody, what a day! Hurricane Ian got me in the last few hours and broke off my 2 biggest flowers. Then I learned the county is about rip right through my easement where everything is.

So today l was forced to chop ready or not.

here are my two questions number one when trimming and breaking the plant down the natural instinct is to keep these big large buds as intact as possible. My concern is mold building on the inside of the flowers though my environment is perfect at 60° and 60% humidity. Should I break large buds down into smaller pieces and hang those or just roll with the big ones. Here’s a picture below of some of the work I started out doing today. You guys are absolutely the best. @Homesteader and @Moshmen thanks a ton. Going to be a long night. Next question, my garage is the perfect location as far as humidity and temperature however there is some light that gets in during the day though I have most of it blocked off. Is that gonna be an issue or should I try to keep it as dark as possible and I’m not sure how I will do that. I guess again the question as well a little bit of light ruined the drying process?

The summer should I cut my big buds down into smaller pieces to avoid possible mold, and is a little bit of light going to bother the dry process? I don’t have many other choices.

Thank you thank you everyone. Here goes nothing. I have started a bit and hope they are trimmed correctly. I am sure everything is not where it needed to be yet however I can help,an early harvest.

First pics are pre storm and then post storm and them hanging and a few I trimmed.
7CCD9818 DDA5 4B8A 945B 08B2A03BD635
8E63E5DC 4B06 4252 AF40 04762A0AF0D9
159FCFE6 56FE 4CB1 ADB0 9249177EDAAE
913B4E7E E547 4568 8FCA 88901DF09BE9
445AE609 BFE1 4E80 ADA4 64B48F39B734
F79A4880 B0BD 4A3C 9A33 79601CCBE3D4
BAF89059 6D7D 4FEE B966 E2F95B2FB878
60E39C4B B0B9 47C8 AF93 EAF392B41812
82B02FDD 05D7 4626 9BE3 A1AF03D766A7
F1F8275E 69E6 4228 8F3E 5CD4DBA02FC8
CB67419C 4C91 4138 9743 123EA6523FB8
552D199D ECB6 4B16 96F1 197DDAEC4BE7

Rich

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Can’t you put cardboard or aluminum foil or something over the windows?

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

No need to cut big buds. As long as your drying area is 60% or less your big buds won’t likely mold. Drying will be slower but that’s a good thing to mellow your buds. Although your grow wasn’t ideal, you did the absolute best you could do. Buds will taste all the sweeter.

radrichie61

radrichie61

Can’t you put cardboard or aluminum foil or something over the windows?
Already thinking that exactly.Thanks. What about bud drying, keep them big or break down to smaller pieces?

radrichie61

radrichie61

No need to cut big buds. As long as your drying area is 60% or less your big buds won’t likely mold. Drying will be slower but that’s a good thing to mellow your buds. Although your grow wasn’t ideal, you did the absolute best you could do. Buds will taste all the sweeter.
First off, I have arthritis in my hands and use voice to text a lot. Someone told me the other day that I had a grammatical error in a post but they will go ahead and answer it anyway like that and I can understand, my wife is a grammar Nazi. I use voice to text as I said almost exclusively for any typos ago in here that I missed I apologize for. Thank you for your patience.

My garage has an air conditioning unit with a dehumidifier on here that’s keeping it exactly perfect conditions I’m gonna try to keep it in here and I may be reaching out asking about how long and how to judge dryness. Besides just the snap stem method. Thanks man appreciate all of you boy, has it been a crazy day. I was planning on harvesting in stages and it’s just me tonight, all night, trim trim, trim.

sambapati

sambapati

First off, I have arthritis in my hands and use voice to text a lot. Someone told me the other day that I had a grammatical error in a post but they will go ahead and answer it anyway like that and I can understand, my wife is a grammar Nazi. I use voice to text as I said almost exclusively for any typos ago in here that I missed I apologize for. Thank you for your patience.

My garage has an air conditioning unit with a dehumidifier on here that’s keeping it exactly perfect conditions I’m gonna try to keep it in here and I may be reaching out asking about how long and how to judge dryness. Besides just the snap stem method. Thanks man appreciate all of you boy, has it been a crazy day. I was planning on harvesting in stages and it’s just me tonight, all night, trim trim, trim.
Damn, heck of a recovery job and the trimming looks really great. The plants that are hanging would benefit from having their fans removed if you've got the strength. It is nice and dark inside a regular old grocery brown paper bag. All the nuggs in the garage can go inside brown paper bags-- layer of brown paper napkins or paper towels. They stay in there for about a week -- they will dry out so nicely -- if the temp/rh is right -- great. A rotating fan inside the garage added to the ac is also nice, it doesn't fan on the bags, just circulate the air. I use a 4-tier blue meat dryer and cover it with a Harry Potter wizard robe. I used to use the Dragon Dictate program in the 90's back in my speech writing days -- carpal tunnel so bad. What a PITA that thing was, then met a Chinese acupuncture Dr. who fixed me up. His wife was the receptionist and kept 3 poodles in the office -- my kind of people. So it seems all our prayers have been answered, so happy about that desired outcome.

Top Bottom