FUCKING DRONES!!!

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I live in a suburb and some neighbor from a couple streets over decided he was going to take his new drone for a test flight over my house. This thing sounded like a lawn mower, and was just hovering about my pad.

I gave it the finger, then I found the owner. I was not polite when I told him that if I see that fucking thing above my house again I will shoot it down without hesitation. He asked me where I live, and I told him he will find out when his drone gets blown out of the sky.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Was your wife in the shower?lol.Those things have to be a threat to air traffic,I was in a hobby store and the guy told me he was selling 30 a month and these were a couple grand each plus the gimbles and mounts for the go pro cameras.The damn things have gps so if they lose contact with the controller they will fly themselves back and land where they took off from.

ftwendy

ftwendy

Buy one and use it as an attack drone? Fire with fire kind of approach....

Or just know that the guy is tweaking about you, and is worried you're going to report his questionable/intrusive/dangerous/whatever you come up with -behavior to the faa.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Its not illegal at this point that i know of,my neighbor is a real estate agent and they have a guy on staff that uses one to take aerial photos of all the houses they sell now.These things are a problem,FAA is supposed to be formulating new rules now for them.

ftwendy

ftwendy

Technically the guy flying for the re agency is flying for money, and thats a big no-no unless he's already licensed as a pilot for hire.

Point being: there's all sorts of legal pitfalls for your neighbor to fall into, and he knows he's on thin ice flying his new toy.... maybe a chat with some of the other neighbors is in order? Crowds are intimidating, esp when they're made of unhappy neighbors

ftwendy

ftwendy

I wouldn't point anything at a camera unless I knew I had a killer shot......... maybe a hose, but even then this creep might try to get you for property damage.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

We have enough shit tracking watching listing and eavesdropping now a neighbor w a friggn flyin cmra WTF. yep in Washington we used a pop nets to catch wild quail ,,,, net that fckr hold it hostage. lol
much positive Vibes CapMan
Fly J

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Technically the guy flying for the re agency is flying for money, and thats a big no-no unless he's already licensed as a pilot for hire.

Point being: there's all sorts of legal pitfalls for your neighbor to fall into, and he knows he's on thin ice flying his new toy.... maybe a chat with some of the other neighbors is in order? Crowds are intimidating, esp when they're made of unhappy neighbors

Ill ask her if the guy is licensed but i doubt it and i know many RE companies use them now.
Good idea,go knock on his neighbors doors and tell them you just wanted to warn them because this dudes been taking pictures of kids in the neighborhood and peeping in windows with his drone,Post flyers on his street,he'll get the message.

ftwendy

ftwendy

The noise is also an issue worth exploring... if it goes that far.

You have an atty, right cap? A quick note from them would go a long way in this case, esp if it was hand delivered to the creep's house.

S

ssteely71

Ill ask her if the guy is licensed but i doubt it and i know many RE companies use them now.
Good idea,go knock on his neighbors doors and tell them you just wanted to warn them because this dudes been taking pictures of kids in the neighborhood and peeping in windows with his drone,Post flyers on his street,he'll get the message.

Boy o boy. Get that rumor going and he's liable to get that drone shoved right up his wazoo by someone!! What a great idea.

Myco

Myco

I like:

Potato gun idea.
Quail-net idea.
@fishwhistle idea.
Buy your own drone and fight fire with fire idea.

Good brainstorming on this forum.

Seriously though what a chump. I would never in a million years think it's okay to fly a fucking drone with a video feed over somebody's/anybody's house. Take that shit out in an open field or in the wilderness.

I live in a rural area, if I catch a drone flying over my house, that fucking thing WILL crash-land.

urban1026835

urban1026835

so if it "falls" onto your property are you legally obligated to return it? and if so I would make sure it landed a tad harder then need be before returning it.

anyone know how high these things can be flown. Jesus you know how many fucking sickos are out there scooping these things up.

ftwendy

ftwendy

Just had the thought that the govt might be dragging their heels and letting all these drones get out there so Americans are softened up by our fellow citizens intrusive hobby-type supervision, and we'll barely make a peep when skynet comes online.... lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom