full MEGAcrop line review and fertilizer debate

• Thread starter Alpo1327
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chuck88

chuck88

Works for me 😉

I also use their Bud Explosion sparingly in flower...

Didn't care for the little balls in the mix so I purchased a dedicated coffee ball/mill grinder for that.

14 Mar The Girls day 11

Cheers

C

chinaoreo

looks good chuck. i do need to get something to grind mine up as well. can i ask what ppms u are running in veg and flower. ? and one other thing have u noticed any excessive node spacing esp in veg using MC compared to other nutes. .? mine has been a tad much lately but could be a number of any other factors i think. but really my plants look like yours not the tightest nodes..

chuck88

chuck88

looks good chuck. i do need to get something to grind mine up as well. can i ask what ppms u are running in veg and flower. ? and one other thing have u noticed any excessive node spacing esp in veg using MC compared to other nutes. .? mine has been a tad much lately but could be a number of any other factors i think. but really my plants look like yours not the tightest nodes..
Thanks !

I haven't been measuring ppm's for a while now, I feed by weight/gallon and am pretty much around their recommended doses.

Watch the color and when the bottom leaves start to yellow, up the dose.

Some sativa's can't tolerate more than 5g/gallon, some are fine with 6g/gallon.

I have done some side by side grows with different strains and different nutrients and not noticed any major differences in growth..

Cheers

Choppr

Choppr

Ive used the 1 Part, but use the MC 2 Part since 2019, tested a lot of Nutrient Lines over the Years, for the Price/Performance its hard to beat, imo I would call it in the top 5 - I run it in Coco and DWC, always healthy plants in the Garden, I use pt A/B and Sweet Candy as a Pt C and call this my base formula (A/B/C). Ive never had to add addl cal/mag as the Pt B is 15-0-0 Cal/Nit, high in Calcium - (from memory I want to say 19% Ca) - The A/B mixes with a mild yellow tint, Adding the Sweet Candy will give it a mild brownish tint, but in the rez after aeration looks crystal clear.

As far as pH stability in DWC it will drift some until root mass gets bigger, but I also dont chase pH like a lot of growers, I mix my solution and pH at 5.8 and I let it drift along the pH scale up and/or down and only adjust it back to 5.8 if it goes out of range, (under 5.5 or over 6.8), the drift within range is perfectly fine and even helpful for nutrient availability/uptake. I only use the MegaCrop and Power Si in the Gardens, it doesn't get any simpler than that! (i do use MOAB but only twice during each grow at 21 days and at wk 5 F)

the nutrient calculator on the website is especially useful for dialing in, or targeting growth phases - Excellent Product! I wont use anything else!

#megacrop

M

monkey47

I use hesi, its a dutch brand and its cheap. I run it on dwc and it doesent cause any ph problems so thats great.
I used many lines in the past but they are all the same to me. Some are more stable then others so depending on your cultivation method you want different things.

I dont use many EXTRAS i think it is all snake oil. I use grow and bloom feed, root stimulator , PK and a probiotic enzyme mixture to fight of bacteria growth in my buckets because i topfeed and never change out the bucvkets.

My mother is grown in soil and i use biobizz organic grow fertilizer because it is the cheapest organic fertilizer i could find but i am gonna buy an of the shelf organic fertilzer when the bottle is empty because cannabis oriented fertilizers are waz over priced and my mother only needs to produce 8 cutlings every 8 weeks so she doesent need to be a growth champion.

C

chinaoreo

on a side note i see u ran Shiskaberry.. i never had it but
Thanks !

I haven't been measuring ppm's for a while now, I feed by weight/gallon and am pretty much around their recommended doses.

I have done some side by side grows with different strains and different nutrients and not noticed any major differences in growth..

Cheers
chuck
Thanks !

Cheers
hey chuck I went back to your pics and I gotta say those plants are nothing short of spectacular..and they are alll stacking buds on like there is no tomorrow to the point it’s almost mind blowing.. lol Those parabolic vertical lights are doin an amazing job. What were your yields with leds? I been Feeding my girls maybe too heavy.. 5 gram per gal is about 700 ppm on my ppm meter with RO water .. I been giving them 1000-1100 in flower they are taking it but prob stressing them . I just started using MC 1 part. And now the sweet candy too. It’s 0-27-27 . How often u think I should I use it ? Thank u for your help and time.

Last edited:
chuck88

chuck88

on a side note i see u ran Shiskaberry.. i never had it but
Uh, no....

hey chuck I went back to your pics and I gotta say those plants are nothing short of spectacular..and they are alll stacking buds on like there is no tomorrow to the point it’s almost mind blowing.. lol
Those parabolic vertical lights are doin an amazing job.

I'm sure you meant horizontal 😉

Thank you, it's a labor of love ❤️

Fun and a challenge. Knee deep in learning how to make the plant do what I want. And pretty well over my aversion to cutting off perfectly healthy parts 😉
What were your yields with leds?
Haven't had the pleasure, yet !

I been Feeding my girls maybe too heavy.. 5 gram per gal is about 700 ppm on my ppm meter with RO water .. I been giving them 1000-1100 in flower they are taking it but prob stressing them .
How are your leaf tips ? MC burns just like any other nutrient. If the plants are nice and green, praying and the new growth isn't twisted you should be okay....

When I was measuring ppm's I always stayed under 1000. After a few grows with MC I find it easier to just read the plant.

Some sativa's barely tolerate 5g/gallon, others are fine with 6g/gallon...
I just started using MC 1 part. And now the sweet candy too. It’s 0-27-27 . How often u think I should I use it ? Thank u for your help and time.
Can't say, the only addition I use is Bud Explosion. Starting after I see pistils and only for the next month or so.

Interesting enough, I had a plant that looked like a potassium ask. Fed Bud Explosion and it did not progress...

This was after I quit giving it to the three other strains in the grow.

Cheers, eh ?

C

chinaoreo

Ive used the 1 Part, but use the MC 2 Part since 2019, tested a lot of Nutrient Lines over the Years, for the Price/Performance its hard to beat, imo I would call it in the top 5 - I run it in Coco and DWC, always healthy plants in the Garden, I use pt A/B and Sweet Candy as a Pt C and call this my base formula (A/B/C). Ive never had to add addl cal/mag as the Pt B is 15-0-0 Cal/Nit, high in Calcium - (from memory I want to say 19% Ca) - The A/B mixes with a mild yellow tint, Adding the Sweet Candy will give it a mild brownish tint, but in the rez after aeration looks crystal clear.

As far as pH stability in DWC it will drift some until root mass gets bigger, but I also dont chase pH like a lot of growers, I mix my solution and pH at 5.8 and I let it drift along the pH scale up and/or down and only adjust it back to 5.8 if it goes out of range, (under 5.5 or over 6.8), the drift within range is perfectly fine and even helpful for nutrient availability/uptake. I only use the MegaCrop and Power Si in the Gardens, it doesn't get any simpler than that! (i do use MOAB but only twice during each grow at 21 days and at wk 5 F)

the nutrient calculator on the website is especially useful for dialing in, or targeting growth phases - Excellent Product! I wont use anything else!

#megacrop
Thanks for the detailed posts.. I’m just starting with MC but I am excited to fine tune it. Right now I just have the part one and the sweet Candy..looks like maybe I should pick up a part 2 eh..?

Choppr

Choppr

Thanks for the detailed posts.. I’m just starting with MC but I am excited to fine tune it. Right now I just have the part one and the sweet Candy..looks like maybe I should pick up a part 2 eh..?
the 2 part is necessary for dialing - it allows you to drop or lower the part B (15-0-0) Cal/Nit at mid/late flower, and use only the Pt A (5-12-26),
the Pt A still has some needed Nitrogen. At mid/late Flower I will use a Lower dose Pt B and higher dose of the Pt A and Pt C Sweet Candy (0-17-28).
Week 5 of flower will be their hungriest week and I feed the last big dose of "N". After wk 5 I lower "N". (after fruit setting)
My typical 4.5 gal mix Solution in Coco in Mid Flower is 12/9/5 grams A/B/C (photoperiods) comes to 519 elemental ppms (153ppms total N) plus the Pt C (sweet candy) this will read on my Hanna about 750-800 ppms. (Hanna Instruments model#HI98130)

*If in DWC mix solutions are lower. If running Day-Neutral (Auto Flowers) also lower. If running DWC Autos mix solutions are way lower.

there are many who believe you should cut out Nitrogen completely, I am not part of this camp. I believe as long as your Plants are growing they need Nitrogen. keep at it my dude! If you have questions DM me.

also if you/anyone are looking at Vivosun Equipt. use 1 time promo code "chopsgrow" 15% off.
#vivosun #megacrop #marshydro

C

chinaoreo

the 2 part is necessary for dialing - it allows you to drop or lower the part B (15-0-0) Cal/Nit at mid/late flower, and use only the Pt A (5-12-26),
the Pt A still has some needed Nitrogen. At mid/late Flower I will use a Lower dose Pt B and higher dose of the Pt A and Pt C Sweet Candy (0-17-28).
Week 5 of flower will be their hungriest week and I feed the last big dose of "N". After wk 5 I lower "N". (after fruit setting)
My typical 4.5 gal mix Solution in Coco in Mid Flower is 12/9/5 grams A/B/C (photoperiods) comes to 519 elemental ppms (153ppms total N) plus the Pt C (sweet candy) this will read on my Hanna about 750-800 ppms. (Hanna Instruments model#HI98130)

*If in DWC mix solutions are lower. If running Day-Neutral (Auto Flowers) also lower. If running DWC Autos mix solutions are way lower.

there are many who believe you should cut out Nitrogen completely, I am not part of this camp. I believe as long as your Plants are growing they need Nitrogen. keep at it my dude! If you have questions DM me.

also if you/anyone are looking at Vivosun Equipt. use 1 time promo code "chopsgrow" 15% off.
Awesome chopper thank u for that. U sir have it dialed..! Can’t wait. Lol

N

Norton

I'm a 1 part MC user, and i mixed up a 10 litre feed.........just tap water ( pH7.5 ) and MC. I pH downed to 6.3
About 24 hours + later, i re-checked pH and it shot back up to 7.3. This is not good. Someone told me oxygen messes with pH, but i keep a lid on my feed bucket, and still the pH shoots up.

Not only that, the bag of MC i bought had rocks in it. So moisture had got in, so i complained and got a free bag but it was the same. I'm guessing mine is the latest 9-6-17 batch, but if thats not the latest , then they sold me bags of old stock.

I also have Plant Magic A+B and thinking of ditching the MC, and going with PM nutes.

chuck88

chuck88

I'm a 1 part MC user, and i mixed up a 10 litre feed.........just tap water ( pH7.5 ) and MC. I pH downed to 6.3
About 24 hours + later, i re-checked pH and it shot back up to 7.3. This is not good. Someone told me oxygen messes with pH, but i keep a lid on my feed bucket, and still the pH shoots up.

Not only that, the bag of MC i bought had rocks in it. So moisture had got in, so i complained and got a free bag but it was the same. I'm guessing mine is the latest 9-6-17 batch, but if thats not the latest , then they sold me bags of old stock.

I also have Plant Magic A+B and thinking of ditching the MC, and going with PM nutes.
What medium are you using ?

I think I mentioned, I run my MC through a coffee ball/mill grinder, not a big deal...

I run well water with ppm of ~500, ph of ~7.5 in ProMix HP, no ph down.

Not a single blemish or issue...

Now at day 21 of a total of 74, plant heights range from 35 1/2" to 48 1/2" on an untopped, untrained plant. Daily stretch is +2".

24 Mar The Girls day 21

Cheers

chuck88

chuck88

I'm growing in Pro 7 Jiffy buffered coco. I dont know this Promix HP ?
LOL, first time I've heard of that :)

In my defense, I've been using ProMix HP for so long (after trying various alternatives) and have no need or desire to change anything !

Ph buffered, drains well, no added nutrients to confuse how much to feed. I have total control..

Cheers

RDWCTraveler

RDWCTraveler

LOL, first time I've heard of that :)

In my defense, I've been using ProMix HP for so long (after trying various alternatives) and have no need or desire to change anything !

Ph buffered, drains well, no added nutrients to confuse how much to feed. I have total control..

Cheers
Couldn't agree more on the ProMix HP. I've tried many others and have similar sentiments.

Regarding MC, I'm just getting started with it. I went into flower 2 weeks ago and I'm finding it's hard to use too much of it.

One of the plants seems to be needing a bit more nitrogen.

I find that the various sized types of fertilizer make it hard to get a consistent blend of nutrients.

This grow has 2 plants in ProMix and 2 autoflowers in DWC. I'm giving them 13 hours of light. I normally give autos at least 18. These autos are at 21 days from sprout.

So far, MC has provided excellent results. If I can keep things on track, MC will be all I use. It's just so forgiving to work with and the plants respond quite well to it.
PXL 20240323 210038595MP
PXL 20240405 004955160
PXL 20240405 005014017

N

Norton

Despite my concerns, Mega Crop is doing my plants ok. Its a pain that the OG Kush and AK47 germed at different times.
The Kush on the right is starting to flower but not the AK.

Plants 5th april

Choppr

Choppr

#megacrop

** Sorry Guys PSA - I have worded this confused, just so there is no Confusion!? I only use "Megacrop Sweet Candy" in my Coco Runs -
Do not use "Sweet Candy" it in DWC. (this can/will be a Vector for Pathogens)

chuck88

chuck88

Cafe Racer @Day 32 of a total of 85.

70% sativa dominant hybrid.

Nothing but Mega Crop one part...

Topped and trained sideways until two feet wide, she is now an inch short of FIVE feet tall and still growing 1/2" per day ❤️

Check out the condition of the bottom fans !

5g/gallon and no plans to increase....

4 Apr Cafe Racer day 32 of 85

Cheers

Top Bottom