Fungal hyphae or slime mold

• Thread starter Heavenlygoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Heavenlygoo

Hey everybody this is my first go at making leaf mold. This is just a bag of leaves through a leaf blower with holes for aeration.

I know that leaf mold is made thru fungal decomposition and that different kinds are present during different periods . Its been hot in my area with me giving little to no water to the bag until this last rain we had.

Sidenote : I did clean my grill out with my hose because it was moldy but the bag wasnt open nor was it in close proximity to where i was but my stoner head was thinking sporulation may have occurred anyways.

Just wanted your guys opinion on if i should run through compost pile or viable to use as the other Half to 50% SPM for soil build. I really wanna go the pure route because i have an endless amount of leaves in my hard, butttt ive never heard of anything going wrong with making leaf mold either.

Any insight is appreciated guys and gals thanks
HG

Perception

Perception

I’ve read that leaf mold can take a couple years to break down. If you want it to go faster, a compost pile work work more quickly for you. If it’s outdoors and you plan to bring it indoors, you’ll bring bugs most likely, so be aware of that.

H

Heavenlygoo

I appreciate the input perception.

I was definitely worried about that myself but was going to add in the additional neem and chitin containing ingredients to thwart that stuff off. More so just curious about the moldy stuff on the other post i put

H

Heavenlygoo

CE33766B 77A0 4513 8E0D 6BFA41F3A8F0
13A828A3 EB3C 4899 80D4 4954AA523123

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Stop complicating things. Get it ready-made from under trees. The tree will keep it healthy for you. You dont need patience or any of that, trees have been making ready-made leaf mold for ages so you don't have to stop and think about the cycle.

Top Bottom