Fungus Gnat Extermination

• Thread starter artcore
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Underthesun

Underthesun

I'm starting to figure out that a routine for preventative measures is mandatory for my greenhouse. Seems like having a wide range of organic pesticides to keep things in check and using them periodically throughout the grow will be my best bet. I have found thrips, fungus gnats, caterpillars, grasshopers and a few other larvae that I had a problem with last year. So I've been using spinosad for thrips, grasshoppers and random bugs, Bti for gnats ( just started yesterday) and then I'm going to use neem. I will rotate these for the next few weeks, every 2-3 days. Next summer I'm going to do this all summer but at week intervals and hope to have no pests. Eitherway, I'm enjoying all the information on here.

H

happy b

I dunno if its already been said but there are predatory nematodes readily available and very effective that are specifically for eating fungus gnat larvea in the rhizosphere.theyr WAY better for FG than ANY non chemical product i tried like gnat off ect.with the nematodes i applied em to all pots and put up a load of the yellow sticky traps and waited 2 weeks and apied again.the larvea in my root zon got all eaten.even ones that got past the traps and got laid after the second application.within a month wen i was putting up the yellow teaps very rarely was i seeing a flier and i had such a bad infestation it was affecting my plants really badly.they wer bouncing back even before the second application.just google preadatory fungus gnat nematodes and there will be somewere close enough to you that will deliver.good luck.

B

brimck325

again, it's bt....i'm not here to argue at all, just stating from experience. i've been using it for 2 1/2 years now, different brands of caterpillar killer. thanks for all the info.

Top Bottom