Fungus gnat lava or beneficial nematodes?

• Thread starter Miked1988
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Miked1988

Miked1988

What’s up y’all, for the last 2 weeks I’ve been battling a fungus gnat infestation (whoever said fungus gnats were a minor issue is a jackass) and boy are they breeding.. I’ve hit them with a soil drench of spinosod, pure crop1, BMC mosquito control and as of last week I bought some nematodes but everytime I drench some escape the title wave, fly away and come back to lay their damn eggs.. but I’m not sure if the nemetoads are working.. I’ve put up yellow and white sticky papers and they have helped to a small degree.. my question is.. are these worms in this saucer nematodes or FG larva? I don’t know how big nematodes are but everybody says there microscopic spiders idk.. any suggestions on conquering these fuckers? I’ve done just about everything in the book and spent $150 dollars in the last week in traps and pest controls so I’m pleading! 🙏

here’s some pics and btw I’m in early flower right now 🙏

Fungus gnat lava or beneficial nematodes
Fungus gnat lava or beneficial nematodes 2
Fungus gnat lava or beneficial nematodes 3
Fungus gnat lava or beneficial nematodes 4
Miked1988

Miked1988

This is a trap I laid on 1 plant just to show the degree of infestation

6FB9A61F 3FA0 44E1 99A6 804F0A57C558
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Combo of Mosquito bits or dunks (BTI), fan(s) on the floor and sticky traps will help greatly, good luck!

Edit: also keep it clean and keep everything dry and run a wet/dry cycle is as important as the chemicals and other deterrents in my opinion

Miked1988

Miked1988

Combo of Mosquito bits or dunks (BTI), fan(s) on the floor and sticky traps will help greatly, good luck!

Edit: also keep it clean and keep everything dry and run a wet/dry cycle is as important as the chemicals and other deterrents in my opinion
Thanks I’ve been doing all those but I guess the only thing I can do now is repeat the process.. and I’m kind of in a catch 22 I can’t dry out the soil either cause it’ll dry out and kill the nematodes lol..do those those like fungus gnat larva to you ?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thanks I’ve been doing all those but I guess the only thing I can do now is repeat the process.. and I’m kind of in a catch 22 I can’t dry out the soil either cause it’ll dry out and kill the nematodes lol..do those those like fungus gnat larva to you ?
chances are if your soil temp is over 75 your nemetodes are already gone,they like cooler soil and these tents can pit out some temps,i buy them from my local feed store and plain as day on the container states they do there best in cooler soils temps,might be just that one strain i get but it does make sense

Miked1988

Miked1988

chances are if your soil temp is over 75 your nemetodes are already gone,they like cooler soil and these tents can pit out some temps,i buy them from my local feed store and plain as day on the container states they do there best in cooler soils temps,might be just that one strain i get but it does make sense
Ok thanks for the info.. I’m in northern Cali so it’s pretty cold now and I just checked my temps in my tent and it says the highest it reached so far was 74 so I’m right under 75 lol.. so hopefully their still kicking for a little while longer.. plus I’ve been keeping my soil damp specifically for them but if I don’t see any improvement in the next week it’s Ww3 on their asses.. lol

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

You said BMC mosquito control, aka micro lift, and not BTI, not the same. You didn't mention fans on the floor either which make a big difference in interrupting their life cycle so I was just trying to help good luck

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You said BMC mosquito control, aka micro lift, and not BTI, not the same. You didn't mention fans on the floor either which make a big difference in interrupting their life cycle so I was just trying to help good luck

BMC Microbe lift is BTI

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

BMC Microbe lift is BTI
Dunks and bits are BTI right? BCM is a liquid, is it the same ingredient?? I recall you mentioned it to me a few weeks back and I have it in my Amazon cart LOL thanks for the info

Edit: okay I read the label nevermind LOL

🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom