fungus knats

• Thread starter jaybird
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thinman

thinman

i hate fungus gnats. if you're dealing with fungus gnats or thrips, you have to break up their life cycle: egg, larvae, adult. you can kill them off by taking out any stage you choose to select. growing in soiless mixes i've found that attacking the larvae stage to be very effective.

i've been watching this product and it seems to be very effective...

some interesting information, though not very technical...

http://www.ghorganics.com/page9.html

best pricing for food grade diatomaceous earth. this stuff works great in soil or soiless mixes....

http://www.earthworkshealth.com/

if you want to make them suffer before they die...

http://www.biconet.com/biocontrol/nemasSFeltiae.html

hope this helps

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
AZATROL knocks the crap right out of them...talked to a tech at Gordon's who makes it. I perfer to use it BEFORE they show. 100% natural...absolutely no herbacides...made from a tree in India...2 tbls per gal every 3 to 4 days for 3 to 4 weeks after feeding... not more often than that and only then when you have a real problem..positively will not harm the plants... outdoor applications would require a different approach but it will still do the trick...shit isn't cheap...$100+ a bottle, but it eliminates them rather than controls them...I suggest you give it a try.

F

farmerjohn

Damn Ga-nats

:character0110:You asked for quick & effective, so here's my quick & effective treatment for gnats of any kind. (always wondered why it aint pronounced Ga-nat)

:mooning
When the little buggers appear, I pull out the 1 gal. sprayer & mix up a batch of Triple Action. It's got neem oil in it, which I guess is what kills 'em. It does that well. And the spiders in the corners, even a big 'ol bumblebee that got in @ the same time.

:icon_dizzy:The good news is the plants don't seem to mind. In fact they may like it. Use it all the time, even on clones, with no ill effects. Spray 3 times over 10 days. Haven't seen a ga-nat since! Hope this helps.
:boogie:

T

thumpnasty

i have found that none of the BT stuff works unless you use a some sort of water purifier to take out the clorine and cloramine from the water. Gnatrol works if you clean the water. i know this for a fact. my medium is coco.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
AZATROL knocks the crap right out of them...talked to a tech at Gordon's who makes it. I perfer to use it BEFORE they show. 100% natural...absolutely no herbacides...made from a tree in India...2 tbls per gal every 3 to 4 days for 3 to 4 weeks after feeding... not more often than that and only then when you have a real problem..positively will not harm the plants... outdoor applications would require a different approach but it will still do the trick...shit isn't cheap...$100+ a bottle, but it eliminates them rather than controls them...I suggest you give it a try.
As a root drench, right? I know Avid works for quite a while, til reinfestation at least.

J

jonnynu

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes, as a drench, HOWEVER, I just talked to a breeder friend of mine and things did not go well with the Azatrol or anything else he tried....major nightmare those things...personally I don't wait for them to show. I use the Azatrol from the git go as I explained earlier before they ever show and then just keep up with it...so far no knats.

Latest posts

Top Bottom