Funny Looking Leaves on Early Grow

• Thread starter JrBobDoobie420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JrBobDoobie420

JrBobDoobie420

I have a question about leaves that look strange and wonder if anyone can tell me this issue. I’ve searched and can’t find something similar. Right now I’m growing in FFOF using slightly amended soil
Including Dr Earth 444 @ 50% and perlite 20% and vermiculite @ 10%. Wagering with about 1 liter every other day dosed with CalMag and Liquid Karma. In the process of LST. About 4 weeks veg. Also, I’m having trouble keeping the temp controlled (closet grow.). Daytime temps are about 85F and night 80F. Working on getting in the 70’s with a new room AC.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Funny looking leaves on early grow
Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

I have a question about leaves that look strange and wonder if anyone can tell me this issue. I’ve searched and can’t find something similar. Right now I’m growing in FFOF using slightly amended soil
Including Dr Earth 444 @ 50% and perlite 20% and vermiculite @ 10%. Wagering with about 1 liter every other day dosed with CalMag and Liquid Karma. In the process of LST. About 4 weeks veg. Also, I’m having trouble keeping the temp controlled (closet grow.). Daytime temps are about 85F and night 80F. Working on getting in the 70’s with a new room AC.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
So what is your humidity riding at? If you have higher temps you need to adjust your humidity up to accommodate it. If you are in veg at 85° F, you wanna be in the 65-70 range

JrBobDoobie420

JrBobDoobie420

My humidity is running around 60% with a low of 55%.
Could this be heat or humidity related?

JrBobDoobie420

JrBobDoobie420

BTW-The strain is Gorilla Glue if that matters.
Thanks.

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

Could this be heat or humidity that was the firs
Could this be heat or humidity related?
that's the first thing I thought when I saw that Leaf, route issues can cause similar. But if you're not overwatering I strongly suspect it's the humidity heat issue. if you don't have air-conditioning and the heat is going to stay high, you might want to get a humidifier and run it with either ro or disilled water. If you use tapwater, it will get a film all over everything overtime. Running at higher times isn't that big of a deal if you can raise your humidity to match it using a Vpd chart, also if you're able to run CO2, you can get away with growing in higher temperatures

JrBobDoobie420

JrBobDoobie420

Actually I’ve used tap water in a humidifier and small evaporative cooling unit for a few days but have stopped that. If I’m at 85F what would be a good level of humidity using distilled water?

many thanks.

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

There is an app called G robot which is a free app that does VPD calculations. It might seem a little confusing at first, but it's really not. Vapor pressure deficit is a really good principal to follow, it Will get you into the sweet spot where cannabis thrives. When the humidity is low it causes the plant to reapire to fast and you get that dry leaf feel because it is respiring faster than it drinks.

Top Bottom