Future Of Cannabis In America

• Thread starter kansabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kansabis

Not sure of the proper place for this thread but this seemed like a decent place. I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on the future of this plant we all love so much. What kind of regulations or decriminalization or whatever do you think is best for the plant and everyone who enjoys it. I'd like to hear from those in legal states and the slow ones like mine of what is working and what isn't and ideas to make the future much better.
I personally would love to see it treated the same as plants in our garden but that is not likely to ever happen,at the least I think it should be completely decriminalized and regulated but not taxed,yeah I know another fantasy lol,what is your thoughts?

xavier7995

xavier7995

Once legal on a national scale, I would expect it to be commoditized. I think the move towards extracts and pens will continue, that is really where a large corporation could capitalize. My only hope is that something along the lines of a craft growing farmers market springs up for people that enjoy the nuances of nicely grown flowers.

K

kansabis

Very true,I expect it to get commoditized and commercialized but,I too hope that we retain or currently gain the freedom to sow and grow the plant ourselves as well.

newentown

newentown

Up here in canada it's supposed to be legalized next summer. so far the plans they have proposed and are moving forward with are a gong show. I'd rather it stays the way it is. Small penalties if any. I'm convinced the only reason they are moving to legalization is to better crack down on people driving high. It's been a huge topic and they (govt and media) are already hard at work misleading people. If they can get a test that holds up in court I technically will never be within range to operate a motor vehicle and the new laws will give police the authority to give you a test with no reasonable suspicion. Legalization is the new prohibition. Be careful what you wish for. Sometimes the devil you know is far better than devil you don't.

K

kansabis

Yeah that nightmare has already started here with the driving under influence,they are working hard to get a "reliable" test.

Bustedbean

Bustedbean

I agree the test they have now as far a blood test I would be over the legal limit on a daily basis. I was taking 180 Norco 10`s a month for my spinal damage from my past. In switching to cannabis 5 years ago I now take 0 opioids. Funny thing is my kidney and liver functions have improved 100%. I think that legalizing will help in some ways but I fear they will take away our ability to have small home medical grows. It's hard to trust what you see in the dispensary so many use chemicals they don't test for and the testing market has shown signs of corruption. Being able to grow organicly and know what I am smoking or ingesting is important.

Breeding and crossing and to be able to take the positives of different strains and combine them together and make new and exciting genetics is amazing and this plant we all love has so many healing qualities as well as some fun side effects lol

farmermari

farmermari

I think that if more states open up and embrace legalizing medical marijuana, the future of this sweet stuff is bright...there is a very bright future ahead..all hail marijay!!

K

kansabis

I think that if more states open up and embrace legalizing medical marijuana, the future of this sweet stuff is bright...there is a very bright future ahead..all hail marijay!!
I like your optimism and we all hope it gets sorted out sooner than later but the more our gov gets involved more than likely it wont get any better,legal or not.

S

Smotpocket

Funny thing is I saw an article a while ago about driving and statistically driving stoned is roughly equivalent to driving with 3 passengers in your car... orders of magnitude less then driving at the legal limit for alcohol

E

escalente

The future remains quite uncertain in some states but certain and blissful in others. The problem is that many folks out there would tend to abuse marijuana, especially in hoods where there is much violence and gang-related assaults. Proper legislation must ensue to avoid some certain loop holes that would generate a kind of issue for the coming generation.

K

kansabis

The future remains quite uncertain in some states but certain and blissful in others. The problem is that many folks out there would tend to abuse marijuana, especially in hoods where there is much violence and gang-related assaults. Proper legislation must ensue to avoid some certain loop holes that would generate a kind of issue for the coming generation.
Proper legislation??? I'm not sure that exists...lol Their is always a loophole,laws are only for those that will follow them. We seem to always think a law or regulation solves all our problems when more often than not they cause more problems.

Madbud

Madbud

Not a fan of edibles, only going to cause problems as Dick & Jane get a hold of grandma’s gummi bears. On the plus side, street zip prices are about half where they were before MA referendum to decriminalize.

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Quality going underground. No market for "craft" Cannabis. A return to hash, in the form of homogenized distillate extracted from dirty lowest bid crops. Thats what I see right now, today.

Synthetic thc and perfumes in e-cigs = the future of American weed. Just as Busch represents American beer and the Chevy Malibu represents American autos.

MissBotany

MissBotany

Once the federal government figures out how make profits and (more importantly) exonerate those currently in prison for marijuana related convictions, will it be legalized on the federal level. I see it slowly legalizing state by state. Once it gets legalized on the federal level, I see corporations making huge profits off it with extracts. They’ll make it more marketable with extracts because that will remove the “pot head” stereotype that comes with smoking it.

frebo

frebo

We “pot heads” have been working toward legalizing our weed for over 50 years. Many of us have had a nice side job growing for friends and associates. In Oregon the big investors have moved in and made huge grows, greenhouses and fenced large parcels of land for their operations. The economy has been boosted and there are more dispensaries than taverns. These dispensaries are having weed wars and now selling grams for $4. The dispensaries are growing their own bud and don’t buy from the thousands of small growers. Many of these large growers have maintained Organic standards and harvest 6-8 or more pounds per plant(I have done the same but not with hundreds of plants). Needless to say we have been screwed but at least we can GROW OUR OWN in Oregon. This summer I will grow 10 different plants so I can have more variety to smoke.(6 medical -mine and 4 recreational - my wife’s - Oregon rules)
I am sitting on 40 lbs. off Purple Hindu Kush or “Jeager” and I’ve decided to give it away. I have bagged up 1/4 lb. baggies for all my friends and their friends. Screw these dispensaries. I may have to get a part time job to supplement my SS because of losing my “side job”. What’s happening in your state?

OldSmokie76

OldSmokie76

Recreational marijuana legislature was just signed into "official" review. The state has given a local advocate group the green light to collect the necessary 305,000 signatures to place the proposed amendment on the ballot. Unfortunately, they do not believe they can achieve the signatures by the July deadline for this year's ballot, so next year it is. I call bullshit and with a little will planned organization this state would flock to any location to sign. But anyway it's a green light here. 2020 I'll be growing recreational. I will add that the proposal reads very well. Two years ago a "recreational" proposal was placed on the ballot. Needless to say that one was completely arranged by an investor group that represented the evil corporate devil. It was shot down by voters. This time around looks legit for the little guys. We shall see.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
The scam is about money . The rich want control , regulation and taxes. This must be stopped. Save seed stock and fight the take over by corperate intrests. We cannot allow them to control the cannabis market . We need to be on the attack. They need control of prices. The war of freedom is the here and now. I feel the best way to attack is yo flood the Black market with high quality bud keeping the net margin so low investers look else where .

Top Bottom